Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will the 28th Hard Fork affect the price of BTC & Altcoins  (Read 430 times)
anushkasachith888 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:27:26 PM

Scheduled Bitcoin SegWit2X Hard Fork comes on December 28, How will it affect bitcoin? Whether BTC price will go up or down? Today is 23rd, So,When will the market feel the heat of hardfork ? How will it affect Altcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 06:49:57 PM

I haven't heard much about this at all since they canceled the November implementation.

Here's an article I just found about it: https://www.legalgamblingandthelaw.com/news/bitcoin-segwit2x-hard-fork-december-28/

The name of the coin is going to be "S2X" or B2X". They plan to also give a bonus of Bitcoin along with the airdropped coins. The challenge with this one is that the transaction size is only 4mb, that's half what Bitcoin Cash is offering. So, will it be a viable competitor? I don't think so. Do we think SegWit is the answer? I don't think so. Everyone says that segregating the witness will open up opportunity for fraud.
YGung

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:56:41 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't look like its being orchestrated by the same team that was supposed to implement the original segwit2x fork before it got cancelled...Seems kind of gimmicky if this is the case. 

And this whole receiving a portion of Satoshi's btc is confusing to me.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
sopromat

Activity: 353

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:58:05 PM

That fork is not going to affect bitcoin, it was a fork that no one was aware of.
this is just another shitfork who is using the name of the last fork that got cancelled in order to hype it.
Dont waste time trying to search it, it is a waste of time, it will be worth less than $10 of course.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:59:04 PM

I haven't heard much about this at all since they canceled the November implementation.

Here's an article I just found about it: https://www.legalgamblingandthelaw.com/news/bitcoin-segwit2x-hard-fork-december-28/

The name of the coin is going to be "S2X" or B2X". They plan to also give a bonus of Bitcoin along with the airdropped coins. The challenge with this one is that the transaction size is only 4mb, that's half what Bitcoin Cash is offering. So, will it be a viable competitor? I don't think so. Do we think SegWit is the answer? I don't think so. Everyone says that segregating the witness will open up opportunity for fraud.

Thanks for the response HabBear,  They give airdrop coins as well? interesting. actually I am not clear this part of your statement. [Everyone says that segregating the witness will open up opportunity for fraud.]] I appreciate if you can clarify it more,
Thanks for the given link too. I am going to read it now.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 07:03:02 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't look like its being orchestrated by the same team that was supposed to implement the original segwit2x fork before it got cancelled...Seems kind of gimmicky if this is the case. 

Ooh, good call out, this may be true!

Thanks for the response HabBear,  They give airdrop coins as well? interesting. actually I am not clear this part of your statement. [Everyone says that segregating the witness will open up opportunity for fraud.]] I appreciate if you can clarify it more,

Hi anushkasachith888, all hard forks airdrop coins. That's the only way hard forks can survive...they need to give people coins (in equal proportion to what they own of the target coin) so they will be able to use the newly created coin. In fact, "airdrops" can only occur when there is a hard fork. People mis use the term "airdrop" when what they really mean is "income" or a "giveaway".

The SegWit principle proposes separating the transaction details (amount, addresses) from the confirmation details (that which witnesses the transaction). Separating the two means that the blockchain no longer contains the information about the amount transacted, the to and from addresses, and the confirmation in the same package of information. They want to do this to make transaction sizes smaller, which is a major problem for Bitcoin. But when they do this it's possible (in theory) that someone could hijack the transaction after the witness part has been removed and there would be know way to prove the hijack or theft...except for one person (the receiver of the transaction) yelling "thief!"
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:05:35 PM

Everyone says that segregating the witness will open up opportunity for fraud.

The name is B2X and i looked into it for a few hours and yes it does seem to be real but it's as if
Google is keeping news about it off the screens for now and maybe it was rushed out to stop people
dumping BTC before 28th Dec due to prices going down thanks to high transaction fees.

This "Everyone" could be everyone that runs mines and don't want to take a hit on profits
but it's becoming clear to me that nothing about BTC should be trusted and you might
like to view the link given below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V365_59-Lc

I moved my coins out of Coinbase and on to the real block just to ensure I had a stake
in this new segwic2x fork yesterday instead of having to see if Coinbase would give me access to
my free gift or not in six months time which might not be fraud but it's the next best thing.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:08:01 PM

That fork is not going to affect bitcoin, it was a fork that no one was aware of.
this is just another shitfork who is using the name of the last fork that got cancelled in order to hype it.
Dont waste time trying to search it, it is a waste of time, it will be worth less than $10 of course.

Hmm.. Already I got to know there will be no real effect from this hardfork from somewhere too. Then we don't have to worry about the market while it gonna happen this time. Thanks for info bro...

Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:11:18 PM

I dont think it is teh same segwit2x hardfork which was cancelled, it could very well be a shity fork on bitcoin network.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:11:48 PM

Scheduled Bitcoin SegWit2X Hard Fork comes on December 28, How will it affect bitcoin? Whether BTC price will go up or down? Today is 23rd, So,When will the market feel the heat of hardfork ? How will it affect Altcoins?

We are not even so bothered about the fork as it's like laughing the hell out on a joke of the day as according to me, forks are nothing more than a new chocolate that's shown as a delight (free money on an x:x ratio) and given to everyone who keeps the old chocolate (Bitcoins) in the mentioned place (exchanges). It's Christmas time and I guess we are more into enjoying those delights than taking too much of it. Correction already happened, and if this one's going to heat up the markets, then I think another one is following. Price should go up considering the majority in crypto still believes in the old Bitcoin (the current one).
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:13:32 PM

Forking of bitcoin have becomes a good approach for blockchain  teams to receive quick money,that  is  why there will be so  many forth coming forks.And it will also affect the value of bitcoin by adding some shoot up in price.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:17:16 PM

Ooh, good call out, this may be true!

Thanks for the response HabBear,  They give airdrop coins as well? interesting. actually I am not clear this part of your statement. [Everyone says that segregating the witness will open up opportunity for fraud.]] I appreciate if you can clarify it more,

Hi anushkasachith888, all hard forks airdrop coins. That's the only way hard forks can survive...they need to give people coins (in equal proportion to what they own of the target coin) so they will be able to use the newly created coin. In fact, "airdrops" can only occur when there is a hard fork. People mis use the term "airdrop" when what they really mean is "income" or a "giveaway".

The SegWit principle proposes separating the transaction details (amount, addresses) from the confirmation details (that which witnesses the transaction). Separating the two means that the blockchain no longer contains the information about the amount transacted, the to and from addresses, and the confirmation in the same package of information. They want to do this to make transaction sizes smaller, which is a major problem for Bitcoin. But when they do this it's possible (in theory) that someone could hijack the transaction after the witness part has been removed and there would be know way to prove the hijack or theft...except for one person (the receiver of the transaction) yelling "thief!"

Wow Now only I understood the concept well. Thanks for the nice explanation. Yeah so far what i know about airdrop is , it is a free token give away after filling google forms  Cheesy, So every hard fork is a airdrop too. Then BTC holders should be happy when there is a hard fork right?

Then Segwit principle also proposes separating transactions details in order to make smaller transaction details. Then they remove amount , sender and receiver what help thieves to can do their job.. oh..  Shocked Shocked

Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:19:56 PM

Yes I picked up of something about this not being the same team but it's hard to see whats propaganda and whats not and
did you notice how BTG got DDOS as soon as it stated and we can all guess who was behind that attack.

I have this wild theory that this public BTC block-chain is not owned by anyone and therefore I can take a copy and
then get the open source BTC code and put a flag in the coin to indicate it's now called the "Alt-Cen" and set up a few
servers and away I go and because I am so rich, well i can give everyone some free coins at 1:1 if they were on the
old block-chain.

Look give me $1,000,000 and i will even share half my evil new company with you and let you keep all of
Satoshi's coins only because I think his Pow and block-chain is a pile of crap and the wheels are now falling off it

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:25:17 PM

Forking of bitcoin have becomes a good approach for blockchain  teams to receive quick money,that  is  why there will be so  many forth coming forks.And it will also affect the value of bitcoin by adding some shoot up in price.

while forking happens how blockchain teams receive money? as price increase people investing in ? ( Sorry I am new )

Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:30:38 PM

Forking of bitcoin have becomes a good approach for blockchain  teams to receive quick money,that  is  why there will be so  many forth coming forks.And it will also affect the value of bitcoin by adding some shoot up in price.

What shoots up in price and are you talking pre fork or long term because when you double the money supply it is called inflation
but reading Satoshi's white paper you would think he had it licked by limiting the supply to 21m so again
this is an area where BTC has not achieved what it said on the box.

Firefox developers all seem to say one thing but when you look deeper and see how in bed they are with
Google you start to understand the deception and dig a little bit more and you find out the google "Donate" tax free
of course $50m a year to the firefox team who are all based in India these days

The world is falling apart, greed has taken over from logic and trust

anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:32:10 PM

I dont think it is teh same segwit2x hardfork which was cancelled, it could very well be a shity fork on bitcoin network.

Yeah I heard same opinion from many. I guess It is almost effect less

promosn

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:32:30 PM

omg no more hard forks please ! i love bitcoin core!

greez
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:44:05 PM

No i checked and they do have a site and will even answer emails and the price of B2X was about
$1,000 the last time I looked so if it is a scam then it's a very good one and I seem to be very
open to suggestion on jumping ship since BTC transactions fees hit the moon but this new/old
team do seem to be offering all things to all men but if it's free at 1:1 to anyone with coins
outside the control of Coinbase by owning your own coins on the block-chain

What have I got to loose on the deal ? Nothing I say

Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:57:00 PM

Yeah I heard same opinion from many. I guess It is almost effect less

The old team lost it's bottle so can we trust them anyway and this move seemed to give a green light to put the
mining fees up and if the new team is a fake then how come the old team is not screaming it from the roof tops ?

Someone is weaving a deep web here and I don't think any of us really know what is going on and was this
mr 'S' from Japan as smart as some people make out he is then what was his plan for preventing this ?
More PoW to waste electric and sell GPU's maybe when he talked about a "Trustless" interconnection of computers

saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:01:32 PM

Firstly, we must wait until this hard fork really took place, because before that it had already been canceled 2 times. Second, I do not forecast any serious price fluctuations due to this fork.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: