Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] Do NOT use MT.GOX!  (Read 895 times)
Micky25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:11:44 AM

My personal opinion after current (07/27/13) personal experiences with MT.GOX:

They detain even minor withdrawals of any cash for an unknown period.

Support says:

"There will be a delay from our end for the next two weeks or even more than that time since backlogs of May withdrawals are in process and processed from our end now and once the funds processed from our end, we will update you on it."

The only way to get your money out is by buying BTC at a rate over market value.

Don't sell, don't buy, don't send, neither cash nor BTC.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 12:28:30 PM

IIRC there is a bounty for anyone that has a withdraw actually go through in the last 7 weeks.

I got out after it took them 5 weeks to send a SEPA, which ultimately had to be cancelled. Now there is rumours that that their Polish bank account has been closed (it's been removed from their staging subdomain).

I think someone had received that bounty (epi iirc).

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:35:39 PM

IIRC there is a bounty for anyone that has a withdraw actually go through in the last 7 weeks.

I got out after it took them 5 weeks to send a SEPA, which ultimately had to be cancelled. Now there is rumours that that their Polish bank account has been closed (it's been removed from their staging subdomain).

Don't talk nonsense. I'm looking at their staging subdomain and the polish bank account data is there. It wasn't removed. Stop the FUD, ok?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:00:06 PM

Don't talk nonsense. I'm looking at their staging subdomain and the polish bank account data is there. It wasn't removed. Stop the FUD, ok?

Well if you go to staging.mtgox.com and look at the bottom you can see that Poland has been removed from the footer (and no longer has Polish translation).

And what does that have to do with their bank account? You said the account was closed. You were FUD'ing. Period. Don't try to weasel out now with a dumb excuse. How old are you, 6?
Micky25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:54:08 PM

more trouble on the way.

So, I tried to withdrawal 50 BTC from MT Gox.  Its been over an hour and my transaction has not even hit the blockchain to show unconfirmed.  Basically, they haven't sent my btc even though they removed them from my account.  Here's the response I got from my support request..

Alex Support, Jul 30 00:31 (JST):
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience happen, On time being we have an technical issue on btc withdrawal that appearing on block chain, by the same our developer team is working on it for fixing-up. mean-while please let us know if your transaction got processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

Anyone else seeing this?  Hell, I gave up trying to get money out of gox, now I can't even get my BTC out.
LoveSosa

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:16:29 PM

get it out all out of there! the only thing  you need gox for is price reference when selling to another user

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: