Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:38:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you hold different alts?  (Read 131 times)
TheAlchemist (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:05:42 PM

Tell me please, where do you keep many different coins, if not on the exchange. Maybe someone knows a good solution. Since the Ether purse, Waves purse are not suitable for all types of coins. The number of my coins is growing and I do not want to open many different purses. Can there be a universal solution that I do not know about?
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:06:56 PM

just use a erc 20 wallet . myetherwallet is the most famous one. or you can use any erc 2o supported wallets

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:13:17 PM

If they're all ERC20 tokens (based on Ethereum blockchain) then you only need one wallet on MyEtherWallet. It stores all tokens you can view them easily from the interface. If you are talking about different altcoins on different blockchains, you can use Exodus (not so many), Coinomi or Jaxx (I think this has the most alt coins supported).

If you are just using big coins like ETH and LTC, I can recommend Waves (Has major altcoins). But if you are holding big amounts, better to keep them on separate wallets.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:20:47 PM

if these currencies are not on the exchange you can only archive in our own wallets or stored on for Myetherwallet if they are all ERC20 tokens. and it's important just to preserve your coin carefully. Do not feel uncomfortable when storing them in different wallets. it's not too difficult to manage them

Make me great again
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:22:24 PM

Since I day trade, keeping them on an exchange is the best option for me. I know that this is not recommended, but I haven't found a solution which would allow me to transfer my many different coins to an exchange and trade immediately, when I feel like it.

deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:37:05 PM

I own lots of different coins. If it is ERC-20 based then those are on myetherwallet. If the coins require wallet then most of the coins are in my wallet on my pc, with backups on my usb. I keep some coins on the exchange for trading but the one I am hodling is always in my wallet. When I want to sell one of these coins, I download the latest wallet, sync it, restore the wallet and send it to exchanges.
TheAlchemist (OP)

Activity: 265

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:04:10 PM

I own lots of different coins. If it is ERC-20 based then those are on myetherwallet. If the coins require wallet then most of the coins are in my wallet on my pc, with backups on my usb. I keep some coins on the exchange for trading but the one I am hodling is always in my wallet. When I want to sell one of these coins, I download the latest wallet, sync it, restore the wallet and send it to exchanges.

I meant keep it for a long time. Download all the wallets on the PS, well may be. I downloaded the 4 most famous ones and partially use them. But I have no desire to install another 5-10 wallets. I just hoped that someone had come up with some super new solution.
mautenisis

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:15:49 PM

Tell me please, where do you keep many different coins, if not on the exchange. Maybe someone knows a good solution. Since the Ether purse, Waves purse are not suitable for all types of coins. The number of my coins is growing and I do not want to open many different purses. Can there be a universal solution that I do not know about?
Buy a hardwallet to secure your holdings,i am using ledger nano s and it support all the erc20 tokens,most of the alts.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:19:34 PM

I store my long term tokens in myetherwallet while the ones i trade or invest for short term i keep them on exchanges.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:18:20 AM

I hold different alt by storing it on my my etherwallets.But i have other different wallets stored of other alts.
maestr00

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:22:55 AM

Longterm alts - MyEtherWallet or electrum
Short term alts - exchanges
bizonglimang

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:24:18 AM

I store all of them in exchanges, because im afraid i may lost my wallet someday, of course they should be big exchanges such as binance.
JumboCactuar

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:26:47 AM

I also keep on exchange but i do worry sometimes after mtGOX / BTC-E

Ive used both of the above but luckily didn't have coins in at their bad times.
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:30:56 AM

Unfortunate, there is no one solution for your problem. You have to handle each altcoin with their own wallet.

just use a erc 20 wallet . myetherwallet is the most famous one. or you can use any erc 2o supported wallets

MEW can only hold ERC20 tokens based on ETHEREUM blockchain. It cannot hold other altcoins like ltc, xem, xrp, etc.

I store all of them in exchanges, because im afraid i may lost my wallet someday, of course they should be big exchanges such as binance.

Not a wise idea. Exchanges are not wallet and you do not hold the private key so if they suddenly decided to close, your coins are gone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: