Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:30:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate the BTC transaction fee and the long long wait for the @^%& to confirm!  (Read 145 times)
2bfree (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 07:27:54 PM

I just tried to sent some BTC and the dam price is so high and it's 24 hours and still no confirmations! I hate it so much! When is the dev team going to fix this???

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:31:45 PM

Probably never, it might never been fixed. Impossible to fix the issue with current 8KB space.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:35:52 PM

Everybody refers to the lightning network that is going to be deployed sometime in the future and is going to magically solve our problems, but until then, we are probably going to have to suffer through such high costs and long waiting periods.

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:50:35 PM

I just tried to sent some BTC and the dam price is so high and it's 24 hours and still no confirmations! I hate it so much! When is the dev team going to fix this???
Well high transaction fees are always expected as there are currently hunderds of thousands of unconfirmed transactions, what we can all do is to just wait until our transactions gets confirmed because we cannot do anything about it (or try your luck using transaction accelerators). Bitcoin developers proposed segregated witness (segwit) as the solution for this problem but the problem is the majority of Bitcoin users still uses legacy, so how do we know if it can fix the scaling issue if most of the people still using legacy? LN is also one of the solution to improve Bitcoin network but it is still under development.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:20:02 PM

They can fix it but i don't know why they are stalling in doing that after all, they must have a personal reason to why they are not doing that. But i believe when done we will not be facing any issues with higher fees and long times to wait for transactions to confirm.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 08:24:29 PM

if the fee is small well then it will take 24 hours ,that's why most in the market
the withdrawal fee can be up to 0.001 btc ,let it not take long and confirmation, fast or not depends on the withdrawal fee
the bigger the faster ,the smaller the slower
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:25:11 PM

First and foremost patients is better than hard work.
Try to wait without bitcoin maybe is more than worst will happen. But hoping for bitcoin have better solution. Just with it.

Not having enough patient is not the problem here.  Honestly, the time it takes for a bitcoin transaction to be confirmed is becoming a huge problem. That's why I often make sure that I send my bitcoins 2 days before the actual day I need it. I paid an amount of 0.0001 for a transaction fee and I waited for for almost 1 1/2 days before it was confirmed. Hoping this can be addressed by the bitcoin dev team as soon as possible.

shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 12:40:00 PM

Aparently until the Lightning Network isn't ready, we are not going to see faster transactions and lower fees.

But dont be so scared, a few hours ago i sent a transaction with 480 satoshis per byte and it got confirmed in less than an hour and a half.

Maybe this is good for you, it is almost a 1/3 of the current recommended fee (aprox $26)

Just dont be so greedy, and pay those $13 - $15 and your transaction will go through.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:22:40 PM

Do you even use SegWit addresses? If not then it is your fault that transaction is still not confirmed. I sent a SegWit transaction a few days ago and it went through in less than 1 hour.

Probably never, it might never been fixed. Impossible to fix the issue with current 8KB space.

Increasing the blocksize is only a temporary solution. If we did that, it could harm the decentralization of Bitcoin and we wouldn't be able to go down again. Also, it kinda forces people to move to SegWit. Unfortunately, even Bitcoin Core team hasn't released full SegWit support, yet.

Everybody refers to the lightning network that is going to be deployed sometime in the future and is going to magically solve our problems, but until then, we are probably going to have to suffer through such high costs and long waiting periods.

You are right. Lightning Network is indeed fast and great but it will take another few months before it will be deployed on the mainnet.
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:35:25 PM

I am also quite disappointed with the long wait for bitcoin transactions, maybe the bitcoin network is blocked. Three days ago I sent a bitcoin from the commercial site cryptopia.cp.nz on coisebase.com, but it was not until today that it was received, meaning it took 3 days for a transaction to be over. Too long. I think this may be due to bitcoin in the past too many people are interested in it so the transaction is overloaded leading to congestion.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:37:24 PM

LOL... the core developers are saying that you don't need to worry about it and you should help miners by paying the $120 per transaction fee.  Grin

They have sabotaged all the attempts aimed at bringing down the fee, including SegWit2X and Lightning network. I am losing my hope, despite staying loyal for more than five years. Seriously considering about shifting to Bitcoin Cash.
fatalbert

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:42:57 PM

I’m in same boat. I stopped using bitcoin and switched to litecoin and BTC cash.

And FYI. Everyone who thinks lightning is the savior. Your being conned. You think Starbucks or you are just gonna never want your bitcoins? Just the iou on the lightning channel is good enough all while your real btc is locked up in the channel? So amazon just gonna lend you credit for how long? No. They are gonna want that real btc aka real $ pretty quickly. Simply speaking. If you open a channel. Other party gonna want it closed very quickly to actually get their payment in real btc. So this does nothing. Opening and closing a channel gonna cost shit ton and take forever just like now.

Lightning is the biggest scam going. Sounds awesome on paper until you actually think about how it works. Your coins get taken from you and replaced with iou’s Aka not real $.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: