Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Made Me Do It  (Read 211 times)
SupportBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 08:25:12 PM

Ever since Bitcoin has become more recognized as possibly being the new currency of the world, it has been under major attack in the media. Just because criminals decide to use Bitcoin to do their "dirty work" does not mean that Bitcoin itself is the bad guy. The same argument could also be made about guns, it is not the guns fault that criminals decide to use it in order to commit crimes. The media is constantly pumping out news about how dangerous Bitcoin is. Where was the media when Pablo Escobar became the first billion dollar drug lord using fiat currency? I also don't remember the media coming down hard on the dollar when El Chapo established his empire as the second most powerful drug lord. Bitcoin did not cause these guys to commit crimes. Bitcoin did not make them do it.

When will the media back off on their attacks and stop blaming Bitcoin as the problem?

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:29:21 PM

I think the media is basing their argument that bitcoin is dangerous on its financial volatility, I haven't seen many references to bitcoin being used by terrorists and so on. The main argument is that bitcoin looks like a bubble, even if it's not a bubble it is too unpredictable and volatile anyway, so it's dangerous.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:30:45 PM

Ever since Bitcoin has become more recognized as possibly being the new currency of the world, it has been under major attack in the media. Just because criminals decide to use Bitcoin to do their "dirty work" does not mean that Bitcoin itself is the bad guy. The same argument could also be made about guns, it is not the guns fault that criminals decide to use it in order to commit crimes. The media is constantly pumping out news about how dangerous Bitcoin is. Where was the media when Pablo Escobar became the first billion dollar drug lord using fiat currency? I also don't remember the media coming down hard on the dollar when El Chapo established his empire as the second most powerful drug lord. Bitcoin did not cause these guys to commit crimes. Bitcoin did not make them do it.

When will the media back off on their attacks and stop blaming Bitcoin as the problem?
There's a simple reason why media did so. If journalists try to mock or say bull shit about drug lords,next day they are found dead with bullet marks all over their bodies. A similar incident happened just couple of days ago, where a YouTube comedian made fun of a drug lord and told him to "suck his dick". Next day he was found dead with more than 15 bullets found in his body. The media chooses to target bitcoin as it's prey because no one knows the real person behind bitcoin, a pseudonym isn't going to help here. Media also likes to scare the shit out of people, so why not go after bitcoin and screw some people's lives?

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:35:37 PM

Never, today my dad told me a lot of things about bitcoin, he has been making a lot of research by his own in order to invest some money, guess what.. He told me, why there is a lot of false information about it?

Obviously that it answered to him that it was fake, nothing that you see on the internet about bitcoin is the truth.

You need to understand that most banks are trying to attack bitcoin because they really know that it is not healthy for them, they are going to lose a lot of clients.

i think they do not have other stories that is why they are attacking bitcoin

But on the other side, we all know that banks can implement their own cryptocurrency too.

Hello
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1346

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:56:10 PM

Just because criminals decide to use Bitcoin to do their "dirty work" does not mean that Bitcoin itself is the bad guy.

I agree with you for the most part, but you're overthinking it. The most important thing is that BTC isn't the tool of the criminals. Fiat currencies are.
Bitcoin isn't anonymous, it's only partially hiding your identity, because the transactions are visible on the blockchain and the money can eventually be traced to its source, that can be an exchange you bought them from. There are other coins that don't allow people to view transactions. And you know what is completely untraceable? Yes, good old cash.
You can anonymously exchange it to any other fiat currency anywhere you want, without all those shady tactics, making burner emails and using VPNs.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:58:35 PM

when there is something more interesting to talk about that is non Trumpian Cheesy

we have our news cycles too, dont fret. it just makes for an interesting tagline to say that "this crime was committed with bitcoin!". right now, the focus on the criminal aspect is starting to fade away. more folks are interested in all this crazy quick price gain, and what the bankers have to say about bitcoin. it would take a bigly hack, or a huge ICO scam, to cut through all that noise.

if the media admitted that fiat was better for remaining anon than crypto was, then they wouldnt be able to write sensational stories about bitcoin crimes Wink
annbagira

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:58:42 PM

Just ignore it because if people follow you and they can observe that you can make money with cryptocurrency its no so bad as says a lot of motivated people it will work better then 100 payed journalists or fake-news makers! Just show people around you that it is normal and criminal free and ignore other people! I think that best way! Ignore bad guys this police job or governments responsibility no our! Let's stop sell knives because some bad guys use it in criminal ways!
Jerusareth

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:02:04 PM

people always say negative about the things that they didn't know at first and when they see the potential of it they are the one who will support and advertise to their love ones. Everything that God created in this world are subject to be use into bad or good things it's just a matter of choice and responsibility of an individual.
felipe04

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:46:57 PM

In media there two kinds of report in that either the good or bad so i think they don't know a lot in crypto that's why they report a bad news like in our country,here in our country they only report how bad bitcoin is like they talk crypto a way to scam and a pyramiding only but i think if you ask me about crypto i will answer that in good way because i know how it works in good way like i earn here and this is good for our economy so that's the difference in the media that don't know crypto at all and in people that have knowledge in crypto that's all.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 12:20:54 AM

Just ignore the media. There are just reporting what they know and what other persons said to them. They don't know the truth. In the past few months we see some negative news on the internet but did bitcoin decreases its price? No, because some believe that if there are some negative news that will spread around then its a good time for them to buy because many for sure will panic and sell their bitcoins.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:46:02 AM

I think the media is basing their argument that bitcoin is dangerous on its financial volatility, I haven't seen many references to bitcoin being used by terrorists and so on. The main argument is that bitcoin looks like a bubble, even if it's not a bubble it is too unpredictable and volatile anyway, so it's dangerous.

when will they stop? i dont think they will stop making news about bitcoin, bad or good, as far as they get paid from their news. it is their job to make the news, not care bad or good news.

anyway, about bitcoin volatile, i want to clarify that it is not just dangerous but it is profitable. it has pro and con.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:56:12 AM

You need to know how the media works. When it comes to new technologies, the media doesn't do a proper research, they don't know if it's good or bad, they don't even care what this new tech actually does, they just follow a script provided by someone behind the scenes.

At the end of the day, the media (CNN, Fox, CNBC, etc,) they are being used as the tools for the elite, the banks, the govt, the 1% of the 1%, to spread as much FUD as they can to scare people away from Bitcoin. This only means one thing: the system has started to take Bitcoin seriously. They are afraid of losing control, they are afraid that people will choose bitcoin to put their money outside the control of the system.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
SupportBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 02:58:24 AM

Just today there was a post on Huff Post talking about Bitcoin being for money laundering and financial fraud.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-bitcoin-hoax_us_5a3fd6dce4b025f99e17bb2f

These news outlets really need to get a life and join the inevitable Bitcoin ride!

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
wail3Bahwu

Activity: 142

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:38:26 AM

media supported by government and banks which bitcoin against bank.

they will keep fighting against bitcoin and attack it 
Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:12:03 PM

Its best to let them do whatever they want.  Theres actually no sense in fighting against bias media where they only choose whst they want to show.  Maybe they wanted to be given share from bitcoin devs to shut their mouth and give news accurately.

icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:32:22 PM

The confrontation between the banking and crypto-currency systems has just begun. We will see and hear many FUD in 2018.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: