Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:12:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any data to show accepting bitcoins increases sales?  (Read 85 times)
Captimiz (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:23:36 PM

An increasing number of retailers (mainly online) are starting to accept bitcoins. But is there any actual research to show accepting bitcoins increases sale of goods. A good example would be a very stable company that makes $10k revenue per month accepting bitcoins and the next month they make $14k. This would show accepting bitcoins increased sales by 40%.

As a bonus, the research could also show if there is a bigger increase in sales for online retailers compared to physical retailers accepting bitcoins. This could encourage more stores to accept bitcoins.

pratapadityasi

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:25:17 PM

I think you can find that information online if you research and ask the right people, nonetheless accepting BTC as mean of payment is a worthy implementation as it only can attract more customers
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:33:40 PM

and why do you want to see those statistics? You can really make your own research by your own on their sites,
 if they allow the users to take an eye over those.

An increasing number of retailers (mainly online) are starting to accept bitcoins. But is there any actual research to show accepting bitcoins increases sale of goods.

I dont think that there is something "special" about seeing this kind of information, well, maybe they wont expose this because their competitors could take advangate of that.

But bitcoin can not increase the sales actually, only because of the fees, nothing more.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:38:19 PM

An increasing number of retailers (mainly online) are starting to accept bitcoins. But is there any actual research to show accepting bitcoins increases sale of goods. A good example would be a very stable company that makes $10k revenue per month accepting bitcoins and the next month they make $14k. This would show accepting bitcoins increased sales by 40%.

As a bonus, the research could also show if there is a bigger increase in sales for online retailers compared to physical retailers accepting bitcoins. This could encourage more stores to accept bitcoins.

i dont think that there is that much research out there concerning this, and what is out there is vague and dated. but I can think of one example however without having hard numbers: the Gyft mobile giftcard app. They were one of the few ways that you could spend bitcoin to buy consumer items (they had alot of restaurants and popular services) back in the early days of bitcoin. everyone that had bitcoin used them at some point; im pretty sure if they held, they made a small fortune. no way to check this though, I dont remember anyone reporting on this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: