Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:57:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need some Altcoin trading/selling advice/guidance, please.  (Read 77 times)
Roadrage68 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:30:58 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 08:57:37 AM by Roadrage68

Guys/Gals,

I've been mining crypto for about 7 months or so and have generally been hodling.

I generally mine PIRL, ETC, SIA and a couple others and buy some BTC, XRP, XLM, ARK, REP, DOGE, etc.

As some of the altcoin prices have skyrocketed vs the USD I have been confused how and when to sell them.
My main goal is for USD profit while attaining some BTC when I can.

So how should I go about this? I was under the misconception of selling ETC when it hit $45 for BTC, but, BTC was up as well and got to thinking this was a bad idea..

Please help this trading/selling noob understand this in laymans terms.

How can I sell something that rises vs the USD, and hold until BTC drops etc?

Thank you in advance.
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:50:43 PM

Guys/Gals,

I've been mining crypto for about 7 months or so and have generally been hodling.

I generally mine PIRL, ETC, SIA and a couple others and buy some BTC, XRP, XLM, ARK, REP, DOGE, etc.

As some of the altcoin prices have skyrocketed vs the USD I have been confused how and when to sell them.

So how should I go about this? I was under the misconception of selling ETC when it hit $45 for BTC, but, BTC was up as well and got to thinking this was a bad idea..

Please help this tarding /selling noob understand this in laymans terms.

Thank you in advance.

about selling altcoin, i think it is simple...
You can go to exchange or market (hitbtc, livecoin, bittrex, binance, Etc.)
If your coin already listing on there, you can transfered them. And start selling.

CMIIW

-= OI =-
GrannyC

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:56:50 PM

Guys/Gals,

Please help this tarding /selling noob understand this in laymans terms.

Thank you in advance.

I am a bit confused by your question. Ether has not been at 45 in quite a long time. In any case, many coins are linked to bitcoin, so you would need to develop a strategy to jump between bitcoin paired coins and coins that do not depend on BTC price.
Roadrage68 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:03:42 AM

I am a bit confused by your question. Ether has not been at 45 in quite a long time. In any case, many coins are linked to bitcoin, so you would need to develop a strategy to jump between bitcoin paired coins and coins that do not depend on BTC price.

By ETC I meant Ethereum Classic.

Let's say ETC went back to $45 vs the USD, it would be best to sell for USD correct?

But if ETC doesn't go that high again I should be looking for the best ETC vs BTC value and trade for BTC when that happens correct?
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:06:37 AM

You need technical analysis to know when to buy and sell the coins you are hodling,do not buy high and sell low do the other thing.

Roadrage68 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:52:44 AM

The main issue I can't seem to wrap my head around is when to sell an altcoin..

Let's take REP for example:

The price per USD is/was near a record high recently.
But the price per BTC is at a near record low.

If I sold it for BTC, it looks like I'm not really seeing any profit.
If I could sell for for USD then I could see the profit.

Am I reading this right?
Or is the idea that at this REP to BTC ratio I'm getting the most BTC for my REP and I'm counting on the price increase of BTC?

Please help me understand.

DosManos

Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:59:12 AM

you have to know how to manage your portfolio, without asking other people
its a good decision to research projects , and for example when SIA is so high, you could sell it for BTC...
or buy to another project that you see as potential
ExtendedBacon

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:02:59 AM

The main issue I can't seem to wrap my head around is when to sell an altcoin..

Let's take REP for example:

The price per USD is/was near a record high recently.
But the price per BTC is at a near record low.

If I sold it for BTC, it looks like I'm not really seeing any profit.
If I could sell for for USD then I could see the profit.

Am I reading this right?
Or is the idea that at this REP to BTC ratio I'm getting the most BTC for my REP and I'm counting on the price increase of BTC?

Please help me understand.

REP was at usd to record high b/c the USD price is based on btc/usd pairing price. Therefore, even though BTC price for many alts has remained stable, growth in BTC/USD pairing has made their USD value go up. So for altcoins, mostly ignore USD value, unless it is one of the big pairs such as ETH, LTC, or XRP, which generally have their own USD pairings separate from BTC.
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:09:57 AM

Now, if you need money then go and hit that exchange button in the cryptocurrency exchange like Binance, Bittrex etc. Convert it into dollar the send to your dollar account And cash it out into your local bank.
If you want to invest it into other coins then you'll do the same but only convert them into the coins you love.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
Roadrage68 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:24:10 AM

Thanks.

Do you guys use Tether (USDT) to convert to USD or convert to BTC then convert BTC to USD on Coinbase?
GrannyC

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:33:03 PM

Guys/Gals,

Please help this trading/selling noob understand this in laymans terms.

Thank you in advance.

Most of the people here and myself are going to tell you that waiting for the bitcoin to be cheaper is not a very promising strategy. If you mean wait until it goes down on a correction... I would say the same: not a good idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: