Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Simple Wallet Solution For iPhone  (Read 2650 times)
Trader Steve (OP)

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:20:01 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2011, 01:33:16 AM by Trader Steve

Nice and easy wallet solution for iPhone:

http://bitcointraining.wordpress.com/2011/07/05/simple-wallet-solution-for-iphone/

I’ve put together a simple tutorial for iPhone users where you can have quick and easy access to an online wallet where you can keep bitcoin “pocket change” – (enough for meals, taxi fares, small payments, etc.).  This would be the equivalent of what you would carry in your regular wallet for your daily needs.

Here’s how I did it:

I opened my iPhone browser and navigated to the link:  http://www.instawallet.org

This url creates an instant URL unique to your browsing session and it assigns you a bitcoin payment address that is visible right on the screen. The first thing you want to do is bookmark this unique URL. Next, double click and copy the bitcoin payment address that is generated for you on the page. Paste it into a new “Notes” page on your iPhone notepad. Make yourself a note that this is your “InstaWallet payment address” for receiving payments. This is the address you will give to others when you want to receive a small payment.  Here is what my Note now looks like:

My InstaWallet payment address:

1ME6HTc8aYtzkb43HfpmzGBtdGb7bfJMKz

I also emailed to my iPhone my bitcoin “savings” payment address (this is my separate and secure bitcoin wallet address to where I keep my savings at home) and then I copied and pasted this savings address to my same “Notes” page so it now looks like this:

My InstaWallet payment address:

My Savings payment Address:

[Note: in this example I've used the same payment address for both but in reality I have a separate payment address for my "savings" address]

With my unique InstaWallet URL now saved as a bookmark in my iPhone, and my “sending” and “receiving” addresses in my Notes page, I am now almost ready to do business.

First I send a small amount of funds from my “savings” account over to my InstaWallet payment address. My first transfer was a few of bitcoin (about $50 worth). In my bitcoin “savings” client I save and label my InstaWallet payment address so I’ll have it quickly available for the next time I want to “top up” my iPhone wallet.

Now I am fully prepared to engage in small transactions quickly and easily from my iPhone. If I want to stop on over to Mezze Grill for lunch I simply scan their QR code for the bitcoin payment address, open up my bookmarked InstaWallet page, and paste the payment address into the payment field and press “send payment”.  If my buddy wants to reimburse me for drinks I simply open my Notes page, copy my InstaWallet payment address, paste it into a text and send it over to him so he can pay me. If I end up receiving several small payments that add up to more than I feel comfortable keeping in my mobile wallet I simply send a payment over to my “savings” address.

My iPhone is password protected and I don’t carry around any more money in this wallet than I can afford to lose without too much heartburn. If I wanted, I could also securely write down my unique InstaWallet URL and keep it in a safe place in case my iPhone is lost or stolen. In the event my iPhone is lost or stolen I could simply enter the URL in my home browser and spend out the funds to my savings account.

There you have it – a simple and easy mobile wallet for your iPhone! If you found this info valuable please send a tip to my payment address above and help buy me a drink!

Enjoy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonygal

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:29:49 AM

looks promising.  I will try it, send 1 bitcoin to it, and try to buy something on STARE using Bit-pay.  I'll let you know how it works!
Frank White

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:33:33 AM

this is awesome.
done

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:56:28 AM

I do this already with my IPAD. Love it.
tonygal

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:06:48 AM

Steve,

I just made a purchase on STARE using the Bit-Pay checkout and it worked fine.

I accidentally overpaid for my order but now I see you do support payments to 4 decimal places.

I think we can say that Instawallet is Bit-Pay compatible!

Trader Steve (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:38:13 AM

Excellent! I have nothing to do with InstaWallet other than I think it is a very useful tool. This makes person-to-person and person-to-business transactions very simple.

Trader Steve
wujh

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 04:54:33 AM

it seems that the instawallet.com has been being mentioned on this forum a lot.

Could anyone tell me that is it trustworthy? why? Has any cheating been report on this forum?

I personally willing to be charged by some honesty bitcoin online wallet service provider, if the fee rate is about 0.05% per year or something like that, and they can charge per transaction about 0.01% per transaction. If 10% of the bitcoin were deposit on the service provider, that will be about 100m*10%*0.05%=5000 USD revenue per year for depositing, and tens of thousands USD per year for transaction. And the revenue will go up and as the price of bitcoin went up.

But guarantee for the safety and honesty is extremely important.
Trader Steve (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:01:08 PM

it seems that the instawallet.com has been being mentioned on this forum a lot.

Correction: InstaWallet.org not InstaWallet.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: