Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge drop in BTC again and BCH yawns  (Read 189 times)
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:42:07 AM

But I'm not optimistic about BCH. Most of them are in private hands, so even if it's high, I wouldn't consider buying it.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:44:46 AM

coinbase now trades bch

it is the reason we now see bch going from 5% value btc to bch to 22% or so now

so believe what you want

new blood is on coinbase and they buy bch

haha

It doesn't trade anything other than fiat against BTC, BCH, ETH and LTC, right?
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:46:44 AM

new blood is on coinbase and they buy bch

I'm afraid it has already happened. Crypto got its chance, being in the news everywhere. Noobs bought BCH at 4k, saw it drop to 2k (after Roger told everyone to "sell his Bitcoins" on TV [after telling everyone that BCH was the real Bitcoin, hahaha]). Let's hope it's not gonna scare them away and we will get a second chance.
Sure the market is back up, but I don't know how many weak hands haven't sold or have bought back. It's whales & old investors who did.

This said, the fact that crypto proved to recover so quickly will keep some investors in, those won't be scared by the next crash. But surely some weak hands went away & will never come back.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:58:45 AM

I was testing out this new fangle Jaxx wallet as you do and decide to have a play with this
strange ShapeShift thing that converts between one Crypto and another and sent myself (converted)
about $2 worth of coins

Well I punched in this $2 from my ETH account and not much later received a payment of about
$0.97 in my BCH account so feeling that I had this sorted I then sent $2 from my BTC account
to my LTC account and waited and waited, got tired and went to bed.

Later in the night I could smell a something burning and rushed downstairs only to find my Apple phone almost
on fire (Not just Samsung that catch fire you know, Setup it was) so I cooled the phone down and pressed the
start button to find jaxx was running and could see something about a payment so i clicked a link
that opened up a browser to see the transaction details and ready something that said

Fork you, tx Fee is $45

so does this mean I need to pay a fee to get in on the Segwit fork on the 28th of this month
that no one seems to be talking about or did i do something else wrong.

Sorry, us beginners, you know what we are like so any help is welcome

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:06:00 AM

I'm not really fond in supporting BCH. I'm more on btc. I believe more in bitcoin. It is just that on your statistics. BCH falls from 4000(its ath) and fell at a certain price. And now it's gaining speed going up. It is natural to all coins. I dare you to watch bitcoin next year Wink.
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:06:07 AM

so does this mean I need to pay a fee to get in on the Segwit fork on the 28th of this month
that no one seems to be talking about or did i do something else wrong.

Sorry, us beginners, you know what we are like so any help is welcome

Perhaps you don't know what forks are. Basically a new coin is created, and a snapshot of current BTC (or anything else) is made, and each owner of BTC's now own equal amounts of that new coin.

..but those coins are generally worth a few hundreds at best.. per BTC of course.

So your $2 in BTC would have given you a few cents for free - and yeah as you guessed it, you probably spent your entire $2 in transaction fees.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: