Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:40:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HP Proliant with 5pci 8x Issue  (Read 160 times)
Tszunami98 (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:53:34 AM

I have some HP Proliant servers with 5pci 8x
cpu - intel xeon 3,10gh/6M/1333/06
ram - 2x2gb ddr2
mobo - hp invent

I have some rx470 XFX and when i am installing 1 gpu on any port pci 8x , i install the drivers, it sees the GPU and i can mine.
After i add another one or more, it does not boot in windows anymore , or if it boots it restarts.
I have tried with win 10 last update.
I have also installed 1 gpu on every port individually ... but when i put all 5 on all ports ....same problem...it restarts.

My question is...what am i doing wrong? Is it possible to install more on this type of sistem or it is incompatible with the gpu's?

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:59:03 AM

well iunno how you managed to plug in the little usb riser into the slot, considering its  PCI slot and NOT a pci express slot. those servers are useless as far as gpus go. do you really not know the difference? well if you did you prolly wouldn't be posting here like a noob and one that doesn't even know what a pci express slot looks like

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:03:12 AM

well iunno how you managed to plug in the little usb riser into the slot, considering its  PCI slot and NOT a pci express slot. those servers are useless as far as gpus go. do you really not know the difference? well if you did you prolly wouldn't be posting here like a noob and one that doesn't even know what a pci express slot looks like

@CryptoWatcher420 Those arent PCI slots, they are PCIe, they look a little different from regular desktop PCIe slots but look where the slit is on the slot. Also, he isnt using risers, he is plugging cards in directly.
@TSZunami98 It could be an issue of insufficient PCIe lanes, or lane configuration on the server motherboard. See if you can get into the bios and change settings, to classify PCIe lanes, assign 1x to the 8x ports instead, that should free up sufficient lanes to run upto 4 cards hopefully. Also test these with risers, to see if the electrically reduced 1x PCIe risers can help in running multiple cards.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:10:29 AM

well iunno how you managed to plug in the little usb riser into the slot, considering its  PCI slot and NOT a pci express slot. those servers are useless as far as gpus go. do you really not know the difference? well if you did you prolly wouldn't be posting here like a noob and one that doesn't even know what a pci express slot looks like

@CryptoWatcher420 Those arent PCI slots, they are PCIe, they look a little different from regular desktop PCIe slots but look where the slit is on the slot. Also, he isnt using risers, he is plugging cards in directly.
@TSZunami98 It could be an issue of insufficient PCIe lanes, or lane configuration on the server motherboard. See if you can get into the bios and change settings, to classify PCIe lanes, assign 1x to the 8x ports instead, that should free up sufficient lanes to run upto 4 cards hopefully. Also test these with risers, to see if the electrically reduced 1x PCIe risers can help in running multiple cards.

my mistake they are pci express, but there not x16 slots, sooo by the looks of it id say there an x4 or 8, which server boards isn't something I normally mess with soo my bad. <---consumer boards only here

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Tszunami98 (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:36:30 AM

I am using risers to deal with this.
This is the bios...i have 3 cards attached and it sees them.
There are 5 pci slots : 3-7.
I cant find anywhere to change the slot to 1x. Can you figure anything out from this pics?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: