Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:47:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NO-ICO] [0% PREMINE] CREPCOIN: Friendly web environment crypto!  (Read 18406 times)
docrypto

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 12:06:42 AM

Why cripple the miner config and delete the documentation - ask yourself why.  I'd love to revise my very rough estimate but their pool doesn't give sufficient information to do - ask yourself why they deleted those screens from the open source pool software to begin with.  Also, they are breaking the xmr-stak GPLv3 license by not releasing the source code to the miner - ask yourself why.

Or carry on believing you haven't wasted your time.  "It's not our fault, it's your."  Maybe I'll be bored tomorrow and make a GPU miner build for fun. Anybody want to bid on it?

I ask myself all this questions...

They make this pool, with these "features" for make a CPU only pool... If you want to make a first month CPU only Cryptonote coin... how do you make it?

OK, let's give them benefit of the doubt.  That they genuinely want CPU-only for first month.

Then, they are still incompetent - because it's not possible to restrict to CPU only when GPU mining implementation exists, unless I'm missing some information?
mdodong

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:11:55 AM

I thought the web miner was an interesting idea but I've come back to take a look at the Windows CPU miner and there are so many issues with this coin:

• config.txt is missing any documentation, despite this being based on xmr-stak-cpu which comes with embedded documentation: https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu/blob/master/config.txt
  • config.txt is crippled if you have 3+ cores;  it will only ever use 2 cores maximum
  • config.txt is crippled even more on Windows if you have hyperthreading enabled -- it will use a real core + same core's hyperthreaded core
  • they're using an old version of xmr-stak-cpu - why?
  • more importantly, this is all artificial... anybody can just build the more modern xmr-stak for themselves, which supports GPU mining*
  • pool is crippled and no external pools allowed, you can't see who's mining so you can't see if somebody is already using a GPU miner!**
  • 37kh/s network / 250 miners (rough very optimistic guess, according to pool stats) ~= 150H/s miner which doesn't correspond to numbers I'm seeing people mention here, especially given the 2 core issue above so I suspect there are already GPU miners on the network or there people mining without pointing out the config issues - not a healthy community

* I saw some post about IP banning unsupported mining clients but I don't see how this is possible - how will they know it's a GPU being used? I will be happy to reverse engineer this and build a GPU miner if somebody wants to pay for it, PM me Smiley  See here for the kind of performance you expect to see with GPU mining:  http://monerobenchmarks.info/

** Maybe somebody can build a scraper and check payments

Either the devs are very naive or they are keeping the GPU miner to themselves - effectively a hidden premine.  Or both situations are possible.  Either way, be warned!  I'm annoyed I wasted time CPU mining this without seeing this for what it is.

Ok, you don't know how configure the config.txt... but its not our fault, its your...

If was possible use the GPU, the hashrate will be like x10 or more, I am sure that only CPU are mining now.

PD: I am use a Ryzen 1700 (use only the 8 fisical core) with 600H/s, revise your calculations pls.

Yup cpu mining for now. This is indicated by Dev in the Ann page 1. GPU mining will be enabled soon but for now CPU only. The customized miner will prevent people from joining the pool using GPU at this time.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
mdodong

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:13:58 AM

Why cripple the miner config and delete the documentation - ask yourself why.  I'd love to revise my very rough estimate but their pool doesn't give sufficient information to do - ask yourself why they deleted those screens from the open source pool software to begin with.  Also, they are breaking the xmr-stak GPLv3 license by not releasing the source code to the miner - ask yourself why.

Or carry on believing you haven't wasted your time.  "It's not our fault, it's your."  Maybe I'll be bored tomorrow and make a GPU miner build for fun. Anybody want to bid on it?

I ask myself all this questions...

They make this pool, with these "features" for make a CPU only pool... If you want to make a first month CPU only Cryptonote coin... how do you make it?

OK, let's give them benefit of the doubt.  That they genuinely want CPU-only for first month.

Then, they are still incompetent - because it's not possible to restrict to CPU only when GPU mining implementation exists, unless I'm missing some information?

The pool they are using are checking miner connection to validate if the miner is using the cpu-miner version and not the gpu version. I've tried running the gpu miner and it gives an error that 'invalid miner'. So definitely we are running cpu mining only.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
docrypto

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 12:15:06 AM

Yup cpu mining for now. This is indicated by Dev in the Ann page 1. GPU mining will be enabled soon but for now CPU only. The customized miner will prevent people from joining the pool using GPU at this time.

1. Customised miner with no source is violation of GPL that the original code was released under
2. I don't see how such a custom miner can't be reverse engineered even without code
3. I would be very surprised if this hasn't been done already

I guess the proof will be in the pudding. Let me see if I can build a GPU miner Smiley
dominguero

Activity: 430
Merit: 228

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:16:03 AM

Yes you missing that they become with a javascript miner... but have a lot of conflicts with some virus/browser protections... and they finally made this custom pool.

For all who have problem to get their miner page back and mine you need change the address of the webminer for the new one and only paste your previous CREP wallet address to it which you was using to mine.
 OLD- http://webminer.crepcoin.org/?address=YourWebWalletAddress#
NEW- http://miner.crepcoin.org/miner.php?address=YourWebWalletAddress#

In around 1 hour, we will open a new pool that can be mined with a modified version of XMR-STAK-CPU.

Considerations:

- We are opening this pool for three reasons:
---- We need to test some developments.
---- For people that can't use webminer.
---- For people that are getting a very low hashrate on web miners.

- Pool is running a modified version of standard cryptonote pool. Also, the miner is modified for interact with pool:

Please, we are doing it with our best intentions. Don't try to be the smartest and try with another miner because:

- Pool will reject your connection.
- Your attemps to login to the pool with another miner will be finished with a ban, temporarily or permanent.

Regards
docrypto

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 12:18:16 AM

Yes you missing that they become with a javascript miner... but have a lot of conflicts with some virus/browser protections... and they finally made this custom pool.

For all who have problem to get their miner page back and mine you need change the address of the webminer for the new one and only paste your previous CREP wallet address to it which you was using to mine.
 OLD- http://webminer.crepcoin.org/?address=YourWebWalletAddress#
NEW- http://miner.crepcoin.org/miner.php?address=YourWebWalletAddress#

In around 1 hour, we will open a new pool that can be mined with a modified version of XMR-STAK-CPU.

Considerations:

- We are opening this pool for three reasons:
---- We need to test some developments.
---- For people that can't use webminer.
---- For people that are getting a very low hashrate on web miners.

- Pool is running a modified version of standard cryptonote pool. Also, the miner is modified for interact with pool:

Please, we are doing it with our best intentions. Don't try to be the smartest and try with another miner because:

- Pool will reject your connection.
- Your attemps to login to the pool with another miner will be finished with a ban, temporarily or permanent.

Regards

It doesn't matter what they intended.  What matters is what they've done.  The instant they opened up their stratum server, it becomes possible to connect a GPU miner that emulates their CPU miner.  But I'm done talking now.
stil55

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:22:58 AM

It's nice to have a coin minable with CPUs only, even if it's just for the first few weeks.How many rewards for each block? Can I see what mobile models compatible with WebMiner?
crepcoin (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:53:07 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 01:48:01 PM by crepcoin

I thought the web miner was an interesting idea but I've come back to take a look at the Windows CPU miner and there are so many issues with this coin:

1. 2.
    • config.txt is crippled if you have 3+ cores;  it will only ever use 2 cores maximum
    • config.txt is crippled even more on Windows if you have hyperthreading enabled -- it will use a real core + same core's hyperthreaded core
    • more importantly, this is all artificial... anybody can just build the more modern xmr-stak for themselves, which supports GPU mining*
    • pool is crippled and no external pools allowed, you can't see who's mining so you can't see if somebody is already using a GPU miner!**
    • 37kh/s network / 250 miners (rough very optimistic guess, according to pool stats) ~= 150H/s miner which doesn't correspond to numbers I'm seeing people mention here, especially given the 2 core issue above so I suspect there are already GPU miners on the network or there people mining without pointing out the config issues - not a healthy community

8. * I saw some post about IP banning unsupported mining clients but I don't see how this is possible - how will they know it's a GPU being used? I will be happy to reverse engineer this and build a GPU miner if somebody wants to pay for it, PM me Smiley  See here for the kind of performance you expect to see with GPU mining:  http://monerobenchmarks.info/

9. ** Maybe somebody can build a scraper and check payments

10. Either the devs are very naive or they are keeping the GPU miner to themselves - effectively a hidden premine.  Or both situations are possible.  Either way, be warned!  I'm annoyed I wasted time CPU mining this without seeing this for what it is.

1. "config.txt xmr-stak" search in google.
    2. "config.txt xmr-stak" search in google.
    3. "config.txt xmr-stak" search in google.
    4. Is the last version of xmr-stak-cpu. In performance terms, same as the new xmr-stak with nvidia and AMD support. Why this version? The no-support for gpus.
    5. Do it. Smiley Code is on github. You will not be the first in find out how we do it. And for sure,you will not be the first banned.
    6. Sure, you can't view if someone is mining with GPU. Same with any other Cryptonote pool. Yes, I'm mining with GPU at 20kh/s but I'm hidding it on pool  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
    7. I think it's not my or your problem if some guys are mining with 5, 10 or 15 computers.
    8. How I know when someone is mining with another miner?
    --- tip 1: Login headers sent from miner to the pool. (but I have more ways)
    How I can ban IP's? Are you kidding me? Probably because server is mine, I'm paying for it, I can see all server logs, I can modify the node.js pool's code, and I can configure the firewall rules? Maybe...
    9. Maybe you can...
    10. Yes, I'm really really naive...

For finish: When you are mining (it doesn't matter what crypto) you are accepting some rules. If you can't accept our rules, go to mining another coin.

Regards[/list]
    PacioKC

Activity: 26

View Profile
    January 09, 2018, 12:32:05 PM

To me it seems that someone just want to trash talk about this coin,because they didn't know how to config properly XMR.
    You can easily get like 1200 h/s with a Xeon Cpu,i get around 220h/s with a i5.
    So there is a global hashrate of 45kh/s,35 on the pool(131 miners),10 on the webminer(mobile phones farm and OSX users).
    35/131=267 h/s.Is it possible?Yes.
    I could mine also with 2 shitty notebook,and increase my hashrate to 300,but still it will count like 1 MINER.
    Someone is using botnet/school computers for mining,someone else AWS,some people has Server Cpus for mining like XEONS or old Opteron Cpu.
    Look https://miner.pizza/benchmarks/cpu an old FX8350 could get like 400h/s,a ryzen 7 more than 600 h/s,a bit less than a rx 470.
    The only one that could use gpu for mining could be the dev,but you can't know,so you can't accuse him without any proof.
    Show us that is possible to use a GPU to mine,and people will take you seriously.I think that expert miners tried,without any good results.
    wander.me

Activity: 73
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    January 09, 2018, 12:40:44 PM

It's nice to have a coin minable with CPUs only, even if it's just for the first few weeks.How many rewards for each block? Can I see what mobile models compatible with WebMiner?

Looking to mine some coins with my phone, when will crepcoin have the option to be mined from mobile?
    Viodet

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
    January 09, 2018, 02:02:58 PM

Looking to mine some coins with my phone, when will crepcoin have the option to be mined from mobile?

Goodluck with that now mate that boat sailed away you will get approximately 1 coin per day or less
    Nap0nTilt

Activity: 56

View Profile
    January 10, 2018, 12:25:17 AM

1. 2.

8. * I saw some post about IP banning unsupported mining clients but I don't see how this is possible - how will they know it's a GPU being used? I will be happy to reverse engineer this and build a GPU miner if somebody wants to pay for it, PM me Smiley  See here for the kind of performance you expect to see with GPU mining:  http://monerobenchmarks.info/

9. ** Maybe somebody can build a scraper and check payments

10. Either the devs are very naive or they are keeping the GPU miner to themselves - effectively a hidden premine.  Or both situations are possible.  Either way, be warned!  I'm annoyed I wasted time CPU mining this without seeing this for what it is.

1. "config.txt xmr-stak" search in google.
      2. "config.txt xmr-stak" search in google.
      3. "config.txt xmr-stak" search in google.
      4. Is the last version of xmr-stak-cpu. In performance terms, same as the new xmr-stak with nvidia and AMD support. Why this version? The no-support for gpus.
      5. Do it. Smiley Code is on github. You will not be the first in find out how we do it. And for sure,you will not be the first banned.
      6. Sure, you can't view if someone is mining with GPU. Same with any other Cryptonote pool. Yes, I'm mining with GPU at 20kh/s but I'm hidding it on pool  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
      7. I think it's not my or your problem if some guys are mining with 5, 10 or 15 computers.
      8. How I know when someone is mining with another miner?
      --- tip 1: Login headers sent from miner to the pool. (but I have more ways)
      How I can ban IP's? Are you kidding me? Probably because server is mine, I'm paying for it, I can see all server logs, I can modify the node.js pool's code, and I can configure the firewall rules? Maybe...
      9. Maybe you can...
      10. Yes, I'm really really naive...

For finish: When you are mining (it doesn't matter what crypto) you are accepting some rules. If you can't accept our rules, go to mining another coin.

Regards[/list]

Could you please take a look at my wallet?
      I might be wrong, didnt check the wallet for a long time, but I really thought I had more CrepCoins in the WeWallet.
      I think about 50% of the coins just disappeared.
      Ofc I waited several minutes for the wallet being synced.

Would really appreciate if you could tell me wether I am wrong or not Cheesy
      Wallet:
      cr4Yx2F8kdB6QCS6RK183ydNCtx8yQMyjZi4cTc2cYXScneumVahStVLGXWcBDtscRQj2fJBoBtSgBJ DHDFxytLs1bAcK8Unw
      PacioKC

View Profile
      January 10, 2018, 07:26:11 AM

Could you please take a look at my wallet?
      I might be wrong, didnt check the wallet for a long time, but I really thought I had more CrepCoins in the WeWallet.
      I think about 50% of the coins just disappeared.
      Ofc I waited several minutes for the wallet being synced.
      Would really appreciate if you could tell me wether I am wrong or not Cheesy
      Wallet:
      cr4Yx2F8kdB6QCS6RK183ydNCtx8yQMyjZi4cTc2cYXScneumVahStVLGXWcBDtscRQj2fJBoBtSgBJ DHDFxytLs1bAcK8Unw
      Just refresh a lot of times.Web wallet is a bit slow to load all the transictions,even if it s synced
      ntzntz

Activity: 15

View Profile
      January 10, 2018, 09:32:52 AM
      Last edit: January 10, 2018, 09:49:24 AM by ntzntz

I have a simple question. I am looking at the pool and at my own wallet. It`s not the same. Not one transaction of let`s say 6.4343 CREP from pool payment it`s on my wallet as received the pool takes the fee from the total of the payment sent? and then the rest is sent to my wallet? even like that it`s still not the same

Ex :
      Last payment from pool : 6.4343 / 6.9429 / 4.7259 / 12.6615
      Now last payments from received in the wallet : 5.33051 / 4.875848 / 10.318745 / 4.414669

Update : First it appear on balance total then on a bit later in the received transactions.
      qq386437050

Activity: 109

View Profile
      January 10, 2018, 09:49:55 AM
      Last edit: January 10, 2018, 10:04:35 AM by qq386437050

:'(I don't understand this coin. Browser mining is usually not rewarded, and mining pool mining is often blocked. I'm using a multi device CPU, and the wallet address is all the same. Is this wrong?
      I'm sorry, I'm not good at English.

30 E3 CPU mining, why block me?
      PacioKC

View Profile
      January 10, 2018, 10:12:46 AM

:'(I don't understand this coin. Browser mining is usually not rewarded, and mining pool mining is often blocked. I'm using a multi device CPU, and the wallet address is all the same. Is this wrong?
      I'm sorry, I'm not good at English.

30 E3 CPU mining, why block me?

Getting paid without any problem there,just wait,at the beginning you will be stuck to 0.00 for a lot of time,because hashrate is low.
      For pool,you MUST use the  pool miner.None is blocking you,it wouldn't have any sense,also because dev gains 2% of total coins mined on each pool.Higher hashrate--->more coins for him.
      Follow the guide before complaining.
      qq386437050

View Profile
      January 10, 2018, 10:32:44 AM
      Last edit: January 10, 2018, 10:51:25 AM by qq386437050

The mining pool has been dug for several hours, interrupts the connection and warns the lock operation. I just want to know why the blockade?

My English is a software translation, and I may make mistakes. I often be blocked and locked, only low thread or low hash rate is correct?
      crepcoin (OP)

View Profile
      January 10, 2018, 11:09:08 AM

The mining pool has been dug for several hours, interrupts the connection and warns the lock operation. I just want to know why the blockade?

My English is a software translation, and I may make mistakes. I often be blocked and locked, only low thread or low hash rate is correct?
      send me your wallet by private.
      pool has scripts to detect and ban suspicious gpu miners. send me your wallet and i will check it.
      I thinks is a false possitive. sorry for the inconveniences in this case.
      regards
      qq386437050

View Profile
      January 10, 2018, 11:40:35 AM

pool has scripts to detect and ban suspicious gpu miners. send me your wallet and i will check it.
      regards

Hello, private letter sent your wallet address, if there is not enough. Many used to be banned

The problem is not solved. The large hash rate can't be entered. I have 100 E5 for digging.
      crepcoin (OP)

View Profile
      January 10, 2018, 11:53:49 AM

regards

Hello, private letter sent your wallet address, if there is not enough. Many used to be banned

The problem is not solved. The large hash rate can't be entered. I have 100 E5 for digging.
      fixed. Regards
      Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
        Print  

Jump to: