Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BC QT Database continuously corrupts! Patience near end! PSE Help!  (Read 534 times)
turigpok (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:26:46 PM

I am using BC QT for almost as long as BC is around (using 0.8.3b now) and starting this year I am unable to catch up with the synchronisation. I continuously get the message "Database Corrupted". At times I am able to re-index it but it will corrupt again along the way. The PC is on now for a week 24/7 trying to catch up downloading the block chain but I got as close to 11 weeks remaining and the DB got the corrupted  again. So back again to over 100 weeks behind.
I have now attempted about 12 re-loads this week alone.

At times I got the message "can't load best block" whatever that means. I have quite a significant amount of BC which I do not want to lose. I have completely re-installed the SW several times now even with a new wallet but don't seem to be able to get anywhere.
Starting up I get "Error loading Block Database - do you want to re-build block database now?"

Now I got  a C++ error "Assertion Failed" file db_versionset.cc Line 715 Expression dummy_versions_.next_=&dummy_versions_

I had a suspicion that the problems were caused by too little disk space - I have solved that issue now and it did run longer but still corrupts. Then I thought the PC may have gone into standby over night, solved that issue too, no change.
Would anybody have an idea what would be a way forward?
Using a PC with Windoze XP. All the other info I have seen about the issue has not helped me a bit.

I think BC is a great idea and I do not want to give up on it (yet). Could the QT wallet be imported by other clients?

Thanks

M
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: