Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:09:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrencies make physical money disappear?  (Read 1219 times)
netil

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:14:48 PM

such a scenario is possible, but it will take a very long time. People still do not give up cash simply because they are used to them. It is not so easy to overstate the practice that was formed by generations

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:27:40 PM

such a scenario is possible, but it will take a very long time. People still do not give up cash simply because they are used to them. It is not so easy to overstate the practice that was formed by generations
I think it will take long to make this happen cryptocurrencies able to replace fiat. You are right physical money is still very substantial in every person in the country. And a long time process for this statement a lot of factors to consider.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:40:20 PM

i dont think it is possible in near future. Because cryptocurrencies are still not enough practical for use in regular ways. network size and speed should improve more and fees also should be near zero

turn the page
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:50:50 PM

Electronic money is just a new solution in recent years and it is close to a lot of time to prove its usefulness and convenience. Paper money and coins have existed for thousands of years and their existence has been documented and studied. One more thing not everyone has the means to store electronic money. There are still so many poor people in the world and they have no access to new technologies like us - who are participating in the forum.
we need a very long time to move away from the physical financial system to an online or electronic financial system. actually there are already many developments such as the existence of cryptocurrency, credit cards and many others that support the existence of electronic money. but not everyone can use it for some reason as you say many people are still poor?
Visteryy

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:53:55 PM

Maybe electronic money will make cash disappear. If everyone uses electronic money then I think it would be more convenient to use cash. Because we will not need to bring money when going out
isetter

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:55:24 PM

It is possible that all countries in the world will accept and use electronic money. I think that by that time the cash will not be needed. All payments will be faster, we will never have to worry about picking or falling money
unknown-user

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:55:30 PM

As we can see the cryptocurrencies are still being established in the knowledge, socialization and full utilization of humanity, could the cryptocurrencies cause the use of physical money to be eliminated, is this possible?
No, it's absolutely not! No one can replace physical money as it is the way to recognize eaach country and it has value not only the amount but in the manner of culture. And it will be hard for bitcoin even it is popular these days to replace physical money because government will oppose on this because they are the one who produce physical money.

minnerETN

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:58:45 PM

I think not. Electronic money can not replace cash. Because cash has been around for a long time and electronic money is still new and not widely accepted
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:00:41 PM

In the future, I think that could happen. Electronic money is slowly gaining in popularity in many countries. Many countries have created their own electronic money. Maybe in a few years the electronic money will replace cash

piterpie

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:02:01 PM

As we can see the cryptocurrencies are still being established in the knowledge, socialization and full utilization of humanity, could the cryptocurrencies cause the use of physical money to be eliminated, is this possible?
My opinion is that cash and electronic money will exist in parallel. Cash will be used in real life. And electronic money will be used for internet trading
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:18:55 PM

In the future, I think that could happen. Electronic money is slowly gaining in popularity in many countries. Many countries have created their own electronic money. Maybe in a few years the electronic money will replace cash

Yes now most of the country governments giving instructions to there people to make only digital transactions, stop accepting liquid cash because to stop corruption. But I don't think they will accept cryptocurrency transactions because it will not give any profit to the government.
victorski

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:43:23 PM

Of curse it can. Physical money would disappear anyway, just crypto is an instrument to make it faster, in my humble opinion.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:51:27 PM

if in my opinion it is very difficult to eliminate the physical currency in this world after the existence of crypto. because some countries would certainly never allow crypto to replace the country's currency, because the paper currency has been used as a symbol of all countries

Denifriska

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:10:41 PM

It looks like cryptocurrencies will not be able to replace paper money. Because the function of cryptocurrencies is for payment and virtual transactions. While there are some transactions in this world that can not be done virtually, but still need paper money to transact.
matanglawin

Activity: 372

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:27:35 PM

I don't think it can make disappear physical money because in the first place you need money to buy crytpos right? And not all people can buy cryptos, there are still people who are computer illiterate and doesn't even know what is bitcoin so it might be hard for them to understand it.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
valentinen39

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:38:29 PM

There is a huge chance in the future that fiat might disappear if the technology grows even more and most of the people will be interested on using digital currency more than using a physical cash to purchase anything they are interested.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:49:54 PM

It depends on the government, if the government will allow us to use cryptocurrency then physical cash might really be gone for good since most of the people today are relying on digital currency more than physical cash.

thecoder2017

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:58:37 PM

We dont know what will happen in the future but i think that paper money will remain because not all countries are experiencing the trend of advance technologies because developing countries are still not familiar with cryptocurrency so fiat money or physical money will remain.
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

the physical money will not go away just because of the cryptocurrency, I see cryptocurrency is an update,
so even though in future the cryptocurrency will be used, the physical money will be collectibles by collectors, or displayed in museums,
so I think cryptocurrency makes physical money into one of the valuable things to be in the collection, not disappear, but only its use is no longer.

mackenzie5

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:15:07 PM

The crypto currencies can be used as a parallel to the official currency like in Japan  how they are operating both together. The people of the country is getting the awareness to the merits and the DE-merits of the new coin. Later they will realize that the new currency can be useful both inside and outside the country .So naturally they will prefer the second one for the regular use both in and outside the country . In such a way the physical money can be replaced by crypto currency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: