Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:07:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What diffrentiates the alt cryptocurrencies?  (Read 105 times)
KrisM89 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:33:18 AM

Hey, still new to the cryptocurrency world, so I am trying to figure out what makes a cryptocurrency unique? Why would I choose to use ethereum, litecoin, etc for my ICO?

CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:23:07 AM

What makes currency mostly unique is logarithm that it's based on, there are severals logarithms sha256(bitcoin i think), scrypt, equihash, etc... some logarithms for instant Monero cryptocurrency, it has such logarithm that it can only be mined with processors, other cryptocurrencyes like ethereum runs(is getting mined+transacitons) on graphical cards, etc...

other than logarithm is what that cryptocurrency supports or better yet the ideas and stuff that the currency will be used, for instant, some are used on some platforms that offer stuff to buy, gambling site, gaming, etc.. some currencyes are used only by some groups of people, some currencyes are only for trading... etc...

But all the currencyes are going up in price with bitcoin... when bitcoing goes up, other cryptoc. goes up...

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
KrisM89 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:06:09 AM

Thanks!
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:10:35 AM

There are pros and cons of each coin,they are different to each other.There are fast transaction coins,privacy,drug-related,sex related and other stuffs choose your own holdings like what the others says.

Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

The technology, the project, the dev behind, the market cap ( supply and price)
KrisM89 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:09:16 AM

There are pros and cons of each coin,they are different to each other.There are fast transaction coins,privacy,drug-related,sex related and other stuffs choose your own holdings like what the others says.

Are there any sites/articles/charts which I can use to get a quick understanding of which ones I should use/get in to?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: