Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2020, 04:01:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins Somehow LOST in the Network???  (Read 634 times)
agentgreen420

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 02:43:21 AM

Okay, so dont ask me why, but I got it into my head that I should transfer my coins from my original wallet to a newly created wallet on the same hard drive.

So, I back up my wallet and put the new one in %APPDATA%\Bitcoin.

I open the client and note the address that shows up for this new wallet.

Then I backup the new wallet and restore the orginal one back into %APPDATA%\Bitcoin.

I open the client, see my bitcoin balance, then continue to initiate a transfer to the address noted earlier.

I allow the transaction to accumulate over 50 confirmations..

I then once again switch my wallet file.

But when I open the client with the new wallet after the transfer, there is no transaction and a zero balance.

I have two screenshots:

http://tinypic.com/r/2yy85fq/7

http://tinypic.com/r/10nt7xe/7

I've lost my entire BTC investment... PLEASE HELP!!!!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 7647

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 02:47:45 AM

Run Bitcoin with the -rescan switch and it'll detect the transaction. You must do this every time you switch wallet files.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
MtRev

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 02:49:23 AM

Did you delete your wallet.dat file or something?
Edit: nevermind lol

Do you need a web designer or a professional photographer (based in NYC)? I'm offering big agency quality, without the big agency invoices! Drop me a message; will work for BTC or ADA
agentgreen420

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 03:56:39 AM

Run Bitcoin with the -rescan switch and it'll detect the transaction. You must do this every time you switch wallet files.

Thank you very much.. I knew there must be something simple I was just missing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.