Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:25:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Substratum nodes?  (Read 162 times)
zenman0 (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:02:01 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 10:41:04 AM by zenman0

Hi guys,
who else heard of Substratum? It is a network that allows everybody from every country to access every website. The service is completely free and you don't need any technical knowledge about VPN, Proxy etc. You also can earn through nodes.

Do you think this can change the Internet?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Paradoxall

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:59:33 PM

Substratum is still dependent on the current internet network. It can't change it. It can change the hosting industry. Skycoin can change the internet, because they are building a second one.
popeye95

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:18:22 PM

Hi guys,
who else heard of Substratum? It is a network that allows everybody from every country to access every website. The service is completely free and you don't need any technical knowledge about VPN, Proxy etc. You also can earn through nodes.

Do you think this can change the Internet?
Is this related to Net Neutrally recently?
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:21:57 PM

But it may face legal problems, which are illegal in some countries, so who will maintain the program?
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:03:41 PM

But it may face legal problems, which are illegal in some countries, so who will maintain the program?

As I understand, the whole network will work decentralized, that means there is no entity which can be made responsible for anything. As long as the hosting is based on normal IPs/computers, nobody can ban a website. Can somebody confirm that?

Your explanation is almost right. Just read how it works here: https://substratum.net/how-it-works/
I have faith in this project and I think it will be a top 10 coin very soon.
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:03:29 PM

As I understand, the whole network will work decentralized, that means there is no entity which can be made responsible for anything. As long as the hosting is based on normal IPs/computers, nobody can ban a website. Can somebody confirm that?

Your explanation is almost right. Just read how it works here: https://substratum.net/how-it-works/
I have faith in this project and I think it will be a top 10 coin very soon.

Yes, it seems to be solid project with real value, not like many other altcoins which purpose is just their being. I will definitely run a node.

The public Beta release is planned for the end of December or the beginning of January. And you'll get rewarded, too: "Everyone who runs a node gets paid in our cryptocurrency to forward content."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: