Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New miner in need of advice/help :)  (Read 131 times)
MrGrimmer (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:01:38 PM

Hey. I'm decently new to mining (been mining for a little over a month now) and I've really taken a liking to it. I was wondering where I could read up more on mining and if it would be worth building a mining rig using 6x 1050 TIs atm or if it isn't worth it anymore? (To mine ETH, ZEC and XMR)

I've heard it isn't worth it because of how the difficulty increases in mining, that it wouldn't really "pay itself off", and I've also heard that it would pay itself off and I could easily sell the cards in the case that it would not be profittable mining anymore.

I'd really appreciate more opinions on the subject if anyone can shed some light on the topic for me, or share a reliable source with me so that I could read up on the topic.

Also, if someone could help refer me to a guide on building a mining rig, so I could educate myself on the parts I would need and learn how to effectively build one, it would be greatly appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 01:34:58 PM

...it would be worth building a mining rig using 6x 1050 TIs atm or if it isn't worth it anymore? (To mine ETH, ZEC and XMR)

I've heard it isn't worth it because of how the difficulty increases in mining, that it wouldn't really "pay itself off", and I've also heard that it would pay itself off and I could easily sell the cards in the case that it would not be profittable mining anymore.

Worth it  , not worth it , profitable , not profitable , , return of your investment... there is a easy answer for your question from another topic  :

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ?"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money !
You have to make a decision for yourself !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency !
No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:04:22 PM

There are a bunch of great posts on here for mining resources.  I wrote an into to mining guide as well that may help along with some rig building guides depending on your budget.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Intro to Mining
https://theminerhub.com/mining/newbie-guide-building-6-card-crypto-currency-mining-rig-part-1-decision-time/

Rig building guides  

NVIDIA Builds https://theminerhub.com/mining/building-a-mining-rig-part-2-hardware/
AMD Builds https://theminerhub.com/mining/newbie-guide-part-3-amd-edition/
MrGrimmer (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:46:07 PM

...it would be worth building a mining rig using 6x 1050 TIs atm or if it isn't worth it anymore? (To mine ETH, ZEC and XMR)

Worth it  , not worth it , profitable , not profitable , , return of your investment... there is a easy answer for your question from another topic  :

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ?"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin

My question is more on the lines of if it is worth buying the 1050 TIs right now, or waiting for a future release as I don't know when the difficulty will increase and such.  I definitely do believe there is profit to be made, I'm just not quite sure what I should be doing, whether I should be waiting right now or getting started.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 05:50:44 PM

My question is more on the lines of if it is worth buying the 1050 TIs right now, or waiting for a future release as I don't know when the difficulty will increase and such.  I definitely do believe there is profit to be made, I'm just not quite sure what I should be doing, whether I should be waiting right now or getting started.

exactly that is why the above answer is the best for you !
NO ONE CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE !!!

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:21:17 PM

No one can tell you !
Do your own research !

If I were building new rigs at the moment (which I am), I wouldn't be buying 1050ti's for them.  What do you mean waiting for future releases?  There are newer cards out there already.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: