Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:01:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fork - Fork - Fork it's Christmas  (Read 114 times)
Jaron80 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:53:18 PM

Hey All,

I was wondering what is going on with all the forks this month.
Is this going to have a negative impact on Bitcoin?

Bitcoin Diamond.
Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC)
Bitcoin God (GOD)
Bitcoin SegWit2X (B2X)
Bitcoin Uranium (BUM)
Bitcoin Cash Plus (BCP)

Also as far as i understand in most cases you can claim the new currency as well.
I read on internet you need to give your private key in order to receive the coins in different exchanges.
As i don't want to give any private keys i wonder if it is true or people are trying to scam money from others.

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:00:12 PM

I read on internet you need to give your private key in order to receive the coins in different exchanges.
As i don't want to give any private keys i wonder if it is true or people are trying to scam money from others.

Just forget about all those forks, they all are crap, and you are going to expose your private key for a few coins that are not even worth $50

Maybe you have 0.10 or less on your wallet, if you receive those forks, you are going to receive just 0.10 of that forked coin (who will probably be less than $5 in total)

All those forks are crap right now, they are no longer profitable anymore, and they are a totally waste of time, just avoid them like plague.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: