Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you donate Bitcoin for the poor and needy?  (Read 3953 times)
imadmirer (OP)

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:26:09 PM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:45:12 PM

That is nice to offer bitcoins for like charity and so forth. I know there are some well established charitable companies that will take bitcoins as donations. Now the issue i worry about is the fact that most of this organizations that i spoke of might not know how to properly handle bitcoins so they might sit on them till some accounting person noticed them. That i fear would make my donating to a local cause like hurricane victims a long drawn out process.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Rony321

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:51:11 PM

I am poor and needy. Will you donate me 0.01 bitcoin. This post will be ignored.

It is easy to talk about donating but everyone want's to keep thing's for them self's.
Lightofheaven

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:56:21 PM

this thread is really heart warming i worship who ever behind in this account cause we were thinking the same but were not really the same because i think you are earning bigtime here in bitcoin while i am just a newbie and the worst part is im needy right now because i want to help my mom to pay her debt. and help her in life so she will never go to another country just to work. i want to help her secretly so she'll be suprized when the time she go backs home

and i just remeber when the time me and my mom go out for a date we got this little game we called "help someone who's needy than you" the game is simple your going to buy a food in the fast food restaurant after you eat and you're going to look for some people who is sleeping in the streets, dont have any shelter, needy, and poor. the greatest thing you can recive after that is the priceless smile of those people you help
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:58:00 PM

I would rather educate the people about the inherent technology of Bitcoin instead of giving them Bitcoin directly, they won't know how to use it anywhere, and Bitcoin simply can't buy him a cup of coffee. For charity, it is always better to just donate fiat currency for instant exchange of useful items.
diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:02:35 PM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.

It is important to give to others who cannot provide for themselves in the current time and you are right in your knowledge that helping at a earlier stage or on a more fundamental level is far more effective. Where we differ however is maybe in the idea of who should provide such things. I see it more as a governmental and societal role that we push for better education and such for a child.

Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:06:54 PM

We have a saying that "it's better to give than to recieve". But in reallity most people are able and easy to say that but if the wealth or bitcoin is already in their hand they can't lay their hands to help for the needy. For me,if i have some bitcoins i will encashed then i will help directly to the poor or needy because if you give to the charity there is a possibility that they will not give to the poor who are in need.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:12:55 PM

I honestly would if I was financially wealthy; but right now? Currently not financially well-off so the answer would be no. Of course I would focus on myself first. Hopefully in the near future though, when my btc bankroll is good enough and the price is high enough.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:13:14 PM

Well, I'll not donate my hard earned money to someone else who doesn't benefit me. And moreover I think bitcoin as an investment, so I'll not let someone take my investment away from me who is just some lazy person and is poor just because he have excuses and haven't done something in his life. So no, I won't donate my bitcoins.
tuanminhhung

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:15:13 PM

Me too!
Kalatas

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:15:44 PM

For me I will help them to leram how to have some principles that they can work bitcoin without nothing or something. But interest what is bitcoin is all about.
ClarksonI

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:15:49 PM

Yes it could be a good idea, but still it would be necessary that they have the possibility to spend it after
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:19:09 PM

That is good idea Smiley However, it is better to convert BTC in US dollar or other local currency because poor people do not have access to Internet.

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:49:45 PM

I would donate Bitcoins if I had more Bitcoins than cash. But, as I earn a small amount of Bitcoins, I would rather donate cash. And the charity organisation has to be able to accept Bitcoin and transfer it to fiat because I doubt poor people that need that much help could accept Bitcoin. Aside from helping (which is most important), Bitcoin and our community would get good reputation.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Joeyops

Activity: 70
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 04:51:10 PM

1 % is nothing, keep feeding the poor. keep feeding the karma.
it is a huge diffrence for someone.

Win Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in[/s (https://freebitco.in/?r=6352768)
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:53:43 PM

I am poor and needy. Will you donate me 0.01 bitcoin. This post will be ignored.

It is easy to talk about donating but everyone want's to keep thing's for them self's.
I will as I have it, but right now im in the stage pf saving. Being poor and needy doesnt mean that you will just depend to the people who are rich. Even you are poor you can do anything to earn money and to be rich someday. Honestly speaking most of the rich and successful people also came from a poor family. Only the courage and desire of theor hearts lead them to where they are now.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:55:31 PM

Why not, of course I will.
If the foundation owner, knows the worth of bitcoin and implement the payment process in their website, there is no big deal throwing in some few coins.
For there is love in giving.
The only problem that some givers maybe facing is the high cost of transaction fees when trying to donate.
Unless you will be giving half of a whole bitcoin, if you intend to give amount like 100-300 dollars btc, there is the likehood of paying a transaction fee of half the amount.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:58:03 PM

I honestly would if I was financially wealthy; but right now? Currently not financially well-off so the answer would be no. Of course I would focus on myself first. Hopefully in the near future though, when my btc bankroll is good enough and the price is high enough.
Yes, me as well. If I have a lot of it and saved it in my bank I would going to give that to poor people to help them to eacape that stage of life. But how can we help other if we ourselves are not financially fit. We must be financially healthy first or we can say that we have a stable financial income. I will give as long as I have as giving is the best way to help people who are need and gives hope to them as well.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CryptoBitCoins

Activity: 644
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:01:59 PM

I have never been a supporter of donations to the poor. Needy, yes, I agree, you need help when it really is necessary, but poor ... The fact is that there are different categories of the poor. Some are just lazy to earn, they are used to the fact that they always help. I will not give half a penny to such people. There is another type, so to speak, "victims of circumstances," such people, yes, need support and help. Therefore, I'd rather give money to those people who have something wrong, or have some defects, than just those who are lazy to earn with their mind, or physically.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:02:49 PM

Even if I did,what's the use? The needy people are the ones who are illiterate and don't have enough basic necessities. I'd rather donate them some food,clothes and some more basic amenities to the needy rather than handing out bitcoin outright,which they won't understand and throw it away and that amount of bitcoin too will join with the bitcoin that has been lost because of carelessness. So my answer is no.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: