Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you donate Bitcoin for the poor and needy?  (Read 3967 times)
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:06:46 PM

When I gain significant amount of Bitcoin, yes I will! It is always good to share our blessings to those who are in need. Be a blessing to others and all good things will come upon you. Our Lord rewards those with a helpful heart.

flatnose101

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:06:53 PM

I honestly would if I was financially wealthy; but right now? Currently not financially well-off so the answer would be no. Of course I would focus on myself first. Hopefully in the near future though, when my btc bankroll is good enough and the price is high enough.
for my opinion you may help but for example for that foundation that you are trying to help and donate bitcoin for what if they dont have any access of bitcoin they dont know how to use of course i may not give any bitcoin , we all have needed i may donate maybe in the future if i have a lot of bitcoin.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:08:38 PM

well, i can't really donate my btc because it's just some dust in my wallet, but for sure, like every year i'm donating to charity, especially for childrens.
If everyone would just give something, BTC or not, their lives would be a bit better every day, think about that, we are lucky to have "almost" everything's needed.
JhonWong

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:16:50 PM

this is the oim of charitable organizations.
they are more professional. i will not donate btc directly. may cash or other they need
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:41:21 PM

We donate to the poor all the time every year. Always set aside a good amount of your paycheck for this, it is important to give back in your community.

Educating those who are not better off on bitcoin would be a great service too.
First, educate yourself and then others. Please checkout the link to the bitcointalk post in my signature titled: How to teach Bitcoin to a 7 year old.

Bitcoin is a secure, decentralized, trustless and open system which cannot be banned nor controlled.

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...why?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it required a central 3rd party to function, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin's value is worth hundreds of billions USD today. Altcoins however are scams, weak, pyramid schemes not offering these values.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to hold the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system. (more than stocks, more than houses, more than gold)

Extra graphics to indicate the worldwide impact on the emergence of bitcoin in its infancy today:

Chart of performance of assets from Xmas 2014 to Dec 1. 2017 (in USD terms):
Bitcoin/USD
S&P 500 Stocks
Real Estate (REITs)
Gold
Bonds

Here are weekly peer-to-peer localbitcoins cash trade data for two random countries as time goes on. Right-most area is the most recent past week.

imoet

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

homt.net

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:49:17 PM

I think I will not donate bitcoin for the poor and needy but I will donate by another things. It will be more useful if I donate for the poor and needy in the form of clothes, food and drinks, medicine, or real money. Those people will be more appreciate our gift in the form of real things and they can use it properly. Bitcoin can be help help too...in the way to earn more money to realize our dream to make other people also happy.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:54:10 PM

At some point in time, Yes I would donate. Though not in Bitcoin since not all has an access in the internet. Our family had a culture in which we donate in a charity every year. But most of the time we donate in kind most likely the basic necesseties such as clothes, food and etc. We are avoiding to donate money since most of them tend to use it in illegal activities (base from our experiene). If I'm blessed enough I tend to add more goods to share or to donate, Blessings must be shared to those in needs.
kingragnar

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:57:12 PM

Yes i will donate bitcoin for the poor and needy. That's what I will do because if you only know what's going to be difficult and always needing to be with us you can realize that such a lifestyle is always worth the money. Even a small amount of money can be for small business and started again. In this way I can only help the poor as I am.
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 06:03:05 PM

Yes I will donate bitcoin to the charity. Many charity company accept bitcoin so far. If this can make poor people happy than I will be happy also. I know there are many orphanage many poor children lives their. If 1 btc can change their life  I think everyone should donate some btc in charity.

pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:05:47 PM

Yes, even I agree with your idea of donating the bitcoins to the poor and needy people. Life is very short and in this short span of time we must be ready to donate few part of our income to the people who can't afford to make their living out of it, and after all our income is a boon from the god's blessings. Even I was thinking to create a special system for charity and donations something like a network, where we the professional and wealthy guys make a group and start keeping aside few bitcoins and then convert that bitcoin into a huge sum of money and then donate to the particular group of needy people.I will really feel happy to be a part of this system.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
revswim93

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:06:11 PM

Once I have enough bitcoin to support myself, I'll donate the excess to charity and biomedical research.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:29:03 PM

donate bitcoin to poor people, sharing is beautiful and nice but i think we should exchange it first because i am sure the person will be confused when given bitcoin, whether it can be used or not clearer and better give money according to currency in country the.

lamjed

Activity: 104
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:48:51 PM

Well, let's be clear that donating becomes possible only when we have an extra money. We have to cover all our needs then we start donating. That's why,  at this stage i can not really donate until i earn a good quantity of bitcoin.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:52:00 PM

Nope. I will never donate any of my coins for the poor. I am in my 30s and my life has taught me a lot many lessons. One of them is not to give freebies of cash or similar assets to the poor. They will just waste them on alcohol and drugs.
sobriket

Activity: 144

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:56:27 PM

But for donating you will need to pay the fees, so if you want to donate less than a hundred dollars, you will have to pay more than $40 worth of fees, and that is not worth it.
but obviously that i would, but no one accepts bitcoin for that kind of purposes.
saedasda

Activity: 147

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:57:12 PM

Remember the word business is a business. If I have a lot btc why not to give some but if you will get all my bitcoin, No Way.

anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:03:43 PM

Charity work is good and there is nothing that is used to do charity that is not worth it even Bitcoin. Instead you can diligently search till you will see a home that will say Bitcoin is accepted here. Or you sale BTC and use the money to raise a foundation.
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:05:07 PM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.

Of course yes l will gladly donate bitcoin if l have especially the needy. Because l experience also how to become in need and poor life.So l will not forget what I have before l will help also. As God blessed me l will give so that l will continually receive also.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:05:45 PM

Bitcoin is something of high value and I wish mos people are aware of that. You may have good intentions of donating it to those who are in need but it will somehow be useless if the receiver has no idea of its structure and most importantly, its value. Donating Bitcoins would truly be a generous act that would benefit many if they will know how to use it accordingly. Since Bitcoin is not really recognized here in the Philippines, what one can do is have the Bitcoin exchanged for fiat then donate it since money is what they see as something valuable. It may defeat the purpose of Bitcoin, but hey, you still get to help at the end of the day no matter what.  
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:06:47 PM

no i will not donate my bitcoin.i will donate cash to the poor needy people. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: