Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you donate Bitcoin for the poor and needy?  (Read 3959 times)
tinopener

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:39:55 AM

Yes!
dashchain

Activity: 108
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:43:06 AM

Bitcoin can be very valuable to us, but for a poor person without this knowledge, it may be worthless because they do not know how to use it, so is it interesting to donate bitcoin? I think that no matter what you do, you should choose the right way to help others even more so. The poor also have their own dignity also have their own ideas. I believe money is important to them, but it's important to have a skill that makes them make money.
Sunyoto

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:52:32 AM

I think for the poor it is very profitable if you donate your income from bitcoin, because for them bitcoin is very useful to be developed again, so they know bitcoin prices always go up so they get a lot of bitcoin, and because they know it Bitcoin can help people who do not produce a lot of revenue. so they will use bitcoin for a successful future.
asdfbna

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:13:11 AM

I usually do some charity, especially when I make money by investing in bitcoin. I think everybody should be grateful. When you get happiness or satisfaction from the society, you should give back to this society and help those in need. But donating bitcoin is not the best way, I will choose another way.
I agree with your point of view, I am a grateful person, if I get a profit in the bitcoin, I will not hesitate to come up with a part of the community. I think there are many people in this community who need care and help. If we have extra energy and time, we should really care for them.
wolf one

Activity: 133
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:16:25 AM

I do not think it useful for them to donate bitcoin to the poor, they may not know what bitcoin is and they can not trade bitcoin without the internet, and I think poor people should be more willing to accept cash for them to buy.
ehrz22

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:17:34 AM

I much better appreciated will donate fiat, I will convert my bitcoin to fiat so that they can use it. When you will send bitcoin direct to them, they  don't know how to use it, they don't have even a bitcoin wallet, much better if you give them a fiat than to bitcoin.

You are right, for me I prefer to donate foods and cloths rather than btc or fiat / paper money. Because not all poor people will use the money for their needs, sometimes some of them use the money for their bad habits. So its better to give them their basic needs like foods and cloths.

Farvin2

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:17:54 AM

When I was kids my parents already taught me to share if we have excess. And I thought of sharing with the poor is the duty of those who have more money so not much social inequality. Similarly if we have much bitcoin we can share them for the poor and needy, because there is a proverbial saying more  give will the more accepting.
sweetmakak

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:18:27 AM

I have in the past, but an small amount for the homeless, there was people taking donations with smart phones on NYC.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:00:09 AM
Merited by Satry (1)

It would be better if we will use fiat currency to donate for charity ,as posibbly they have no idea what is bitcoin.
But if there is charity who really accepts bitcoin,then why not?

good idea, if there is a charity that accept bitcoin donations, that would be cool, aside from you can protect your self by hiding your identity you can also easily send money thru wallet without putting your personality in high risk. cause nowadays lots of criminals around and you can never tell when it gonna happen, by the use of bitcoin you can carry your money as much as you want cause bitcoin transaction is so fast with a small fees, but if your going to help people by individuals it is much better if you give donation converted into fiat currency cause i think it will hard for the people to use bitcoin who don't have any idea what bitcoin is all about. Smiley Wink Cheesy Wink
Jose Mourinho

Activity: 564
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:15:21 AM

I have in the past, but an small amount for the homeless, there was people taking donations with smart phones on NYC.
The biggest problem is do they have bitcoin? if they do not know about bitcoin then it would be useless if we donate to them, and if there is a trusted site that receives bitcoin donations for the poor then I will donate.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
shetat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:54:30 AM

To make thing easier for both parties, it is much more better if you convert your BTC to cash or goods before giving or making donations..... For them to directly use it.
Donation is good so if you can earn from it why not also share your blessings....
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:57:53 AM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.
Well said. I will also do that by the time I have already accumulated a value of atleast 3 BTC. I admit I am kinda selfish but the best individual trust the least amount of people in order for him to become successful and then later on, help the poor.
cryptotop100

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:10:07 AM

Been spammed several times by people asking for crypto currencies. I call that my donation to the crypto community.   Undecided
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:14:13 AM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.
Donating bitcoin to the poor cannot do anything to them. Actually it is not Bitcoin that they need. I will donate cash to them because it is what they want and need. If you donate bitcoin to them, you also have to give them smartphones or computers and internet connections. Then you must teach them how to use Bitcoin and encash it. So, for them to immediately use, cash is better. That cash you will donate may be come from your profit in Bitcoin.
sugihe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:14:28 AM

I would rather educate the people about the inherent technology of Bitcoin instead of giving them Bitcoin directly, they won't know how to use it anywhere, and Bitcoin simply can't buy him a cup of coffee. For charity, it is always better to just donate fiat currency for instant exchange of useful items.
It is true sir, there are with teach people poor and people need about the technology bitcoin, with that pasri their life would be better, but we also need to donate and give a little bitcoin us to the need and a poor man, because it gives also need, not all our students can work in bitcoin.

Now I have too little Bitcoin and I can not sacrifice it. Now I prefer to sacrifice usual money. Bitcoin, I prefer to invest and wait for the growth of its price.

Will you donate your fiat money? Because you said that your bitcoin is better to use as investment.
Its true people will not give bitcoin directly but they will more to educate what bitcoin is and how to use it rather than just give bitcoin.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:18:59 AM

Yep, I will give away at least 10% of my earnings to poor and needy. I don't have plenty bitcoin now but have some altcoins, I'm planning to give away once the investment reached the profit. I will rather give away in ethereum or in bitcoin which ever they are comfortable using, they can transfer to fiat or anything they want.

qwesasd

Activity: 117
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:22:17 AM

Well said. I will also do that by the time I have already accumulated a value of atleast 3 BTC. I admit I am kinda selfish but the best individual trust the least amount of people in order for him to become successful and then later on, help the poor.
Agree with your point of view, not everyone is a good person, we are all the first to make ourselves happy to have time to do charity, if not even their own why we should brave to do charity, which is based on your family situation and set.
Satry

Activity: 190
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:31:02 AM

It would be better if we will use fiat currency to donate for charity ,as posibbly they have no idea what is bitcoin.
But if there is charity who really accepts bitcoin,then why not?

good idea, if there is a charity that accept bitcoin donations, that would be cool, aside from you can protect your self by hiding your identity you can also easily send money thru wallet without putting your personality in high risk. cause nowadays lots of criminals around and you can never tell when it gonna happen, by the use of bitcoin you can carry your money as much as you want cause bitcoin transaction is so fast with a small fees, but if your going to help people by individuals it is much better if you give donation converted into fiat currency cause i think it will hard for the people to use bitcoin who don't have any idea what bitcoin is all about. Smiley Wink Cheesy Wink

Yes, I will do the same as you. We need to protect our identity because now a days some of criminals use bitcoin to do something bad. That's why we need to be careful.
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:49:33 AM

Personally I won't donate bitcoin to the poor and needy I will rather teach them how to invest their time and money trading bitcoin, posting and filling airdrop form to earn free coin. Donating bitcoin to them will only solve their problem temporarily
Angela567

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

I think Bitcoin needs more money than Bitcoin, and I'll exchange bitcoin for cash and donate it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: