Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:53:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you donate Bitcoin for the poor and needy?  (Read 3962 times)
Al Amin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:31:55 AM

Yes of course I want, but I do it by converting bitcoin into local currency first, because not necessarily the person we help bitcoin they understand will bitcoin.

imadmirer (OP)

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:15:58 AM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.
Bitcoin changed my life, I overcome now my financial problem and it is all because of the bitcoin. I am using the excess money that I got from the bitcoins to help the poor and homeless people.

Your honest reply is very touching. It is true that in the business world that we live in, we want to earn more and more profits. The profits we have earned we would like to re-invest into the business and make it much larger. The same thing we do with Bitcoin or Altcoin trading. Of course this is not wrong and it is perfectly a right thing to do. But to 'invest' the profits in the happiness of others and betterment of others is something that has to be appreciated deeply from the heart as a citizen of this world.

I do not wish to get philosophical but the whole point of interdependence in the world and the struggle of humanity is for betterment happiness and peace. When you say that you have found your life changed through Bitcoin and that you help others through your profit, it speaks a lot and inspires many to live a happy life making others happy.

Most people think of one-time solutions. You feed a man but he is hungry again. But you give him food now and also teach him the ways to earn his food, then you feed him everyday. We all need to essentially focus on fundamental values and education. The motivation, purpose and the drive behind earning as well as spending should come from a high ideal. The world is certainly a good place but suddenly we lose direction and things turn messy.

Just see when the Bitcoin crashed recently, there have been so many people who came ahead to assure the investors in panic to simply wait as the situation will be reversed. Many of them through social media have helped thousands reassuring them. Neither was it for a name nor was it for fame and money. It was a simple gesture of concern by experts for fellow investors. Interdependence and help is essential even for our own well-being. And now, as rightly assured by many Bitcoin is back on track!

Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:16:51 AM

Yes i can donate, but i will send not BTC for this we have special coin DOGE

btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:21:38 AM

Yes,I will donate bitcoin to the poor and needy and especially to the under privileged children who are not able to go to school because of the financial issues I would help them getting education.

jackielim

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:57:57 AM

Why not?!! If you earn too much, why don't you share what you have received. Even though you invested but you earned doing nothing. You have had just watch the exchange or value of your tokens.
Watashi Yamashita

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:01:50 AM

The point is to keep a bitcoin separately for donation to the poor. Donating a bitcoin directly will make sense if the receiver is aware of the functioning of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. A poor and / or needy man can be sometimes an educated man or a knowledgeable man who is struggling to meet his ends. Bitcoin can otherwise be encashed and given to the poor.

It is always better to think big. I would rather create a trust or try to invest in healthcare or education of a poor child. All quick helps will not last long. Educating one child by spending a $25000 or more will reap great benefits to the society in comparison with feeding a whole lot of people once with the same money. Though it is not bad to feed but it is better to invest in a system that more than once continually feeds.

Yes I will donate Bitcoin to the poor and needy the way I feel is best useful for them. One percentage of the income can always be set aside for donation. After all, life is short and it is best to help as much as we can.
If ever I'll have the opportunity to have a lot of bitcoin in my hand, I wouldn't hesitate to share it the needy and to those who weren't that fortunate. Sharing is caring so it would not be a big deal for me donating some of my bitcoin to them because I know it will make sense someday and maybe karma would hit me back with plenty of blessings as I keep on sharing the rewards I am getting.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Qunetick

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:03:23 AM

Why not?!! If you earn too much, why don't you share what you have received. Even though you invested but you earned doing nothing. You have had just watch the exchange or value of your tokens.
Well i believe that bitcoin is a blessing that came from above that is why in my part if I gain many bitcoin and I will be having a big capacity or I will be given a chance to help I will really do help other people who was really in need because helping is my passion. I believe that if we share our blessing it will multiply soon.

kcirnhoj15

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:08:38 AM

If I have a lot of bitcoin, why not to donate some of them in orderly to make them out of suffer or make them happier for a longer or shorter period of time. Helping is not bad mostly to those who need it.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:10:43 AM

If I have enough bitcoin, I will do it, because I believe if we give goodness to others then God will reward him with something better than what we give to others.
abhishek_bittu

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:12:43 AM

generally, people will hoard a strong currency and spend a weak currency. Thus, conventional wisdom is that people will hoard bitcoin rather than spend it.

That’s a bit simplistic.

It is true, that many things will continue to use weak currencies. You wouldn’t want to price things in bitcoin, and you would especially would not want to price wages or debts in bitcoin.

But that is a pricing problem, not a transactional problem. Computers can make exchange rates and currency conversions invisible to the user.

The transaction problem with bitcoin is the speed and costs of layer 1 bitcoin transactions. That will get fixed in layer 2.

Thus, once layer 2 transactions are simple, people can store much of their wealth in strong currency, and still spend directly from that into weak currency priced items.

Think, for example, debit cards linked to a layer 2 bitcoin service.

If you live in a country that has a relatively strong fiat currency and a relatively mature banking system, you would ask, WhyTF would you do that? And you may be right. But remember, that criteria does not apply to much of the world’s population.
Hagmonar

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:14:09 AM

I know your porpose is good and realy can help people specialy poor people but i think the best way you can help this people is to teach them on how to earn money and help them understand hows bitcoin works. There was a saying that giving a basket of fish in poor people 10x is you are not helping them in there daily life. But teach people how to catch fish one time then you are helping them in a lifetime.
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:16:01 AM

If i will ever make a good profit, i think i will spend a good amount of it to some companys and organisation who helps the people and the environment. Its important to donate. But take care which companys and organisation you donate. Because they are a lot of scammer out there who pretend to held the needy people, but instead of that they take the money for themself and buy luxury stuff. So even for donation companies you have to do some researches so that your money arrives where it is needed!
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:26:32 AM

Teaching the poor on how to generate income even bitcoin is the most important thing, but it is also good to help the poor especially when there are no jobs or scarcity of jobs. Donating a small amount of bitcoin we greatly help them to get little basic needs.
Joyceshiroor
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:48:02 AM

Yes i will donate bitcoins if there is someone who is really poor and needy. Bitcoins can help us earn profits so a part of my profit i would like to donate for sure.
genology

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:02:16 AM

Personally, I think it is not appropriate to give Bitcoin to the poor and needy. Bitcoin needs internet and gadgetsIn order to maximize its benefits. Considering a lifestyle of a poor, I think they can't maximize its use.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
rxnlnbndl

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:19:40 AM

It would be great to donate bitcoin for any foundations helping the but it would also be much better if we'd use bitcoin for financially assisting the needy in exchange of their manpower or labor. I guess that would make a better circulation of the economy and the cryptocurrency.
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:38:50 AM

Personally, I think it is not appropriate to give Bitcoin to the poor and needy. Bitcoin needs internet and gadgetsIn order to maximize its benefits. Considering a lifestyle of a poor, I think they can't maximize its use.
Fiat is the best to offer the poor to prevent the rigor of conversion. Contributing an anonymous coin to a charity foundation can make one susceptible to scam. Such fund should be channeled in traceable form, to allow prosecution of use.  

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
marjoree

Activity: 193

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:53:35 AM

No, I won't donate bitcoin to the poor and needy because some of them doesn't know the true value of bitcoin and most of them doesn't have any idea what is it. If I have enough bitcoin in my wallet, I will definitely turned 1 bitcoin into cash. The cash that I have in my pocket is the one that I will donate. I'm not someone with a hot stone, but I became wise when it comes with shares blessing. My close friend told me to give foods to the poor than giving money because I will know where it will be placed.

alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:56:51 AM

No, I won't donate bitcoin to the poor and needy because some of them doesn't know the true value of bitcoin and most of them doesn't have any idea what is it. If I have enough bitcoin in my wallet, I will definitely turned 1 bitcoin into cash. The cash that I have in my pocket is the one that I will donate. I'm not someone with a hot stone, but I became wise when it comes with shares blessing. My close friend told me to give foods to the poor than giving money because I will know where it will be placed.

I appreciate your comments. The majority of them will not know the technology. So you will not be able to transfer them electronically. They will not know how to use them.
So what is needed is to convert bitcoin into cash and give it to the poor. You will have to go to the person's home to show your sincerity. That's my opinion of charity.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:10:38 AM

Fiat is the best to offer the poor to prevent the rigor of conversion. Contributing an anonymous coin to a charity foundation can make one susceptible to scam. Such fund should be channeled in traceable form, to allow prosecution of use.  

Same thoughts, its better to give them fiat and the said less fortunate brother is eager enough to learn, I am more willing for him to teach  all about I learn from cryptocurrencies from the basics and how to earn it.Its better to teach them the process so that when you let them alone, they know what to do. Its better to teach them how to fish, than always giving them fish to feed. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: