Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon FireRed on the ethereum blockchain  (Read 131 times)
ethGB (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:51:59 PM

Hi everyone!

With Ethereum becoming more popular by the day and cryptocurrencies being used for multiple applications, we have decided to test the limits of the Ethereum blockchain and have some fun with it in the meantime.

With ethGB players are able to play GB, GBA and NES games online together with other players. It is a hybrid decentralized application (DAPP). The games are streamed live while players can press buttons through the Ethereum blockchain. The button inputs are on an Ethereum contract and the games are run on one of our local machines. The buttons are displayed on the left side of the livestream. You can use the MetaMask chrome extension to input buttons. We have made the contract functions as simple as possible, to make sure the gas fee's are as low as they possibly can be.

We're curious if it'll pick up or gain popularity from mainstream. Feel free to check our platform out on: www.ethgb.com.

Greetings,

ethGB team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abomnibus

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:28:08 PM

Looks extraordinarily expensive, you must pay 0.001 eth per movement?
 I loaded the game but it's not really clear. Is there demo video?
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:45:13 PM

Wait, don't run off because I have some questions about ETH contracts that I am sure you could answer in seconds

I see you use a type of javascript inside the contract and the constructor for the object has the same name as the contract
so can a contract kick out using something like a XMLRequest to pull data from the internet or is it a closed system where
contracts can only talk to other contracts need to service a request.

Most of what I have seen suggests these contracts are just bean counter that charges gas for access to data held in a block-chain
so that it's just a way of getting global access to strings and numbers held in a database and you have to pay in gas to use
so really it's just cloud storage with an audit trail tacked on to the end of it.

Bit like Microsoft ASP web-services that's using a distributed database without the .Net framework type of environment
in my mind is how I would describe it but please let me know if i am wrong because i would hate to call it a bean counter
if it's much more than just that.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
kmlkkl

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:56:49 PM

I could not find any explanation on the subject. What exactly is this game. Where can we find the game. This is the fee. Trading is taking place among players. Could you give me some information?I'm already curious.

Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:14:56 PM

Looks extraordinarily expensive, you must pay 0.001 eth per movement?
 I loaded the game but it's not really clear. Is there demo video?

You did better than me using a chrome type browser because i could see a video and some buttons on the left
but nothing seems to work when i clicked them

The people that host the game need to pay the gas, not the users so maybe you should check out CryptoKittie instead
that runs on ETH because you can buy a cat you know for $25 and breed it with another cat but then pay gas/eth for "Birthing cost"
and if your cat has the right DNA (256 byte gnome) then you won't need to wait for it to come back on heat again so you can breed
again. Horny cats that breed like rabbits cost much more than $25 to buy so you too can pretend to be Hitler and run your own
breeding program.

www.cryptokitties.co

ETH does not host the program but stores the Cat-ID, DNA, Costs, Owner-ID I thinks in the block-chain
so the right magical words can be used to describe the "Game" but if the game server goes down the cats
go down so I am not sure why they would not just dump the data into a DB on the server which would save on paying gas
to the ETH network.

Hopefully the OP will come back and correct me if i have made any mistakes with my understand about these
contracts and yes i own half a coin and sending myself a little ETH was both cheap and worked fast so its
not all bad

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 04:33:26 AM

LOL, price per movement is 0.001 ETH and then gas of 0.0012 ETH!! Do you really want to make this project go mainstream, or you are here for just some quick bucks!! And you are just trying to profit from a cracked ROM!!

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 10:34:47 AM

Ethereum can barely handle some kittens, how  do you intend to deal with the lack of scalability?

Master Carnegie

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:00:32 PM

Ethereum can barely handle some kittens, how  do you intend to deal with the lack of scalability?

I fully agree. Besides the possible flooding of the network, prices are not convincing, this is equivalent to fraud. We can admit that the game is a success, but besides making money fast, what is the real purpose of the project?
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:56:43 PM

Yes these cats went a bit mad at first but ETH is still twice as fast as BTC at 15 TPS instead of 7

The mini apps (Contracts) are little more than bean counters I think so ETH makes money as gas
from other alt-coins using it but in return they offer access to the mixed block-chain but ETH offers more
than BTC and the transaction fees puts it well ahead of BTC.

Both need throwing in the bin due to the way the data is structured but for now I am long ETH
and it has a customer that will piggyback for a while that is going to go ballistic I suspect in
about two years time which is far to far away for many of the slot machine players we
have here but I have got to get in myself if i can before I would spill the beans on this one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: