Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:44:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Choosing your Coin(s) Discussion  (Read 149 times)
gab3gon (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:25:02 PM

General Discussion about which altcoins you are mining and why.

Yes I know there are numerous answers which all lead to "whattomine.com" but if any new people want to discuss what coins they are mining I'm sure there are a lot of us that would appreciate the conversation.

Ill start:
Right now I'm mining Vivocoin and Zcash mainly but I am also tring Crowdcoin.

whattomine.com and crypto-coinz.net vary on the profitability and which coin to mine.

Mining setup is 2 MSI1070ti's

I exchange my coins to BTC on cryptopia/coinmarkets and then sell on Coinbase.

The pools I use are: Altminer for Vivocoin   Nanopool for Zcash and Cryptopros.us for Crowdcoin.

If you see anything I can do better let me know

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 05:45:40 PM

Yes I know there are numerous answers which all lead to "whattomine.com" but if any new people want to discuss what coins they are mining I'm sure there are a lot of us that would appreciate the conversation.

Ill start:

whattomine.com and crypto-coinz.net vary on the profitability and which coin to mine.

The pools I use are: Altminer for Vivocoin   Nanopool for Zcash and Cryptopros.us for Crowdcoin.

You are opening a topic with a name of : "Choosing your Coin(s) Discussion )" and "General Discussion about which altcoins you are mining and why"
You telling us what coin you mine , but forget to tell us the reason why you choose those coins  Grin

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
sasa0220

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:19:27 PM

i'm mining electroneum. today started to mine zion. i done't know if they are profittable or not coz i have just started mining. Still i'm using CPU mining. Looking forward to purchase gpu and start on them. Perhaps you can drop some tips to become profitable with cpu mining
gab3gon (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:34:39 PM

Ill start:

You are opening a topic with a name of : "Choosing your Coin(s) Discussion )" and "General Discussion about which altcoins you are mining and why"
You telling us what coin you mine , but forget to tell us the reason why you choose those coins  Grin

Very good point
I started with Zcash because that's the first one I could get to work. Along with some reading on here and Reddit

Then I started on Vivocoin because of whattomine.com it's fairly easy to mine

I started Crowdcoin bc of cryptocoinz.net profitability. Now as I've learned more I find people mine and hold depending on if the "believe" in a coin. I find it hard to choose a few coins to keep. Especially when I don't have a powerful rig to accumulate many coins
gab3gon (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:51:08 PM

i'm mining electroneum. today started to mine zion. i done't know if they are profittable or not coz i have just started mining. Still i'm using CPU mining. Looking forward to purchase gpu and start on them. Perhaps you can drop some tips to become profitable with cpu mining

Wish I could help in that department. I have a 4790K (Older model I7) and from what I have seen its not worth the effort to mine with it. Try to get your hands on a GTX 1050ti and play with different algos.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: