Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:12:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you guys keep your different altcoins safe, off of an exchange?  (Read 132 times)
Tekunda (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:29:10 PM

I have at least 6 different altcoins sitting on Bittrex and Binance.
Since I am still pretty new to trading cryptos, I would like some advice on how to keep these coins safe?
It seems there is no wallet which will be able to store all available brands of coins.
So what do you more experienced traders do with lesser known coins, if you cannot find a wallet?
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:32:40 PM

The safest way to keep your altcoins away from exchanges is just having them on a hardware wallet.
I have most of my altcoins on my ledger nano, and the ERC20 tokens are connected to MEW through Ledger.
Tekunda (OP)

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:42:04 PM

The safest way to keep your altcoins away from exchanges is just having them on a hardware wallet.
I have most of my altcoins on my ledger nano, and the ERC20 tokens are connected to MEW through Ledger.

I understand. So I guess if you have coins for which a wallet doesn't exist,  you are stuck with having to leave them on an exchange?
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:28:59 PM

ledger nano is the costly and it take more time. But paper wallet is easy access anywhere in anytime. I think  paper wallet is better than the hardware wallet. I use paper wallet it easy and secured in my cryptocurrency. Coinomi is the best altcoins wallet in current market. In paper wallet is collect the physical backup of the private key. So I prefer paper wallet is the best in the crypto market

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Laregrell

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:40:05 PM

Since I am still pretty new to trading cryptos, I would like some advice on how to keep these coins safe?
It seems there is no wallet which will be able to store all available brands of coins.
So what do you more experienced traders do with lesser known coins, if you cannot find a wallet?
safe way is hardware wallet but not know if there is many hardware accept more than 1 coins.

i use exodus for long time without problem
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:44:03 PM

enable 2 factor authentication. it may send a message to your email or via google authenticator. i know that bittrex and other big exchanges are 2fa ready.
another tip on phising, bookmark all the legit exchange websites.

i hope my answer helped you!

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
sycaburatan

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:46:24 PM

I am using ledger nano s and trezor for keeping my BTCs safe from any hack attempts,exchanges are volatile in the eyes of hackers.

mafostedu

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:31:42 PM

Most of the tokens that i have are ERC20 tokens, so i have myetherwallet connected to my trezor, it is the most safest way to protect your coins, no one can stole them from you, because you need to confirm every transaction from the device before sending.
Hannibalis

Activity: 133

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:00:36 PM

It depends on the altcoins you hold. You better keep every altcoin in its own wallet, I think it will be safer because you can save all your private keys.
Wallets that can hold many altcoins have higher fees and somtimes they don't give you private keys for each altcoin you hold.

B E L U G A  P A Y  || The first Complete Mobile POS System || [ ICO 1st Mar 2018 ]
     Visa & Mastercard Certified     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium
mustafayigittt

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:07:09 PM

I think exchange sites are safe but you want more safety you can keep your token offline wallets or you can use more safety wallets. I think my etherwallet is safest one and  its easy to learn.
vejdemann

Activity: 350
Merit: 75

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:10:41 PM

I have Ledger Nano S wallet. It is a Bitcoin, Ethereum and Altcoins hardware wallet, based on robust safety features for storing cryptographic assets and securing digital payments. It connects to any computer (USB) and embeds a secure OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its side buttons. More info you can find in Internet.
Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:12:17 PM

I try not to hold the day on the exchange at all. The story of BTC-e taught me that.... All altcoins that I have (Cool I hold on the local wallets. It's hard, but I am confident in the safety of their money.
Paradoxall

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:54:01 PM

I hate moving coins out of exchange. You really can't afford the fees if you are doing some trades a couple of times a month. with a portfolio less than 2 000$. Binance is pretty safe. Bittrex also. I don't see a problem holding there. Did everyone lose his house in Mt. Gox, so there is this huge FUD about keeping coins on exchanges? Jeez, I have 2FA there. It is so much safer than MEW if I have a screen logger or key logger.
yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:14:26 AM

Neo, I immediately moving into a purse, because in the near future I'm not going to sell. I have a permanent turnover on the stock exchange, if I can do more, I bring it out to the Ledger Nano S wallet.
Patchee

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:17:19 AM

Use paper or hardware wallet if available for your ALTs. If exchanges do get hacked, no 2factor auth will save you.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:50:30 PM

I kept my altcoins safe by placing it on my wallet and uses a google authenticator enable 2fa on it to sure and secured my wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: