Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:53:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore mining problem - 50$ BTC reward  (Read 303 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Millime (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:06:39 PM

Hi there!

I have a rig of 7x580, Everything was mining fine even after reboots untill I've shutted it down, removed the monitor cable and booted it...
Now the problem is: The gpu which had the monitor pluged in, is either not mining at all or hanging in claymore after a couple seconds.

As soon as I unplug the monitor, the GPU# stop mining, as soon as I replug it the GPU start mining...

The rig has been mining for 24h with a monitor, but GPU#0 is not able to mine without a monitor, or it's a 1-2mh/s

Thanks!
gt_addict

Activity: 2506
Merit: 622

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:16:23 PM

In the bios switch primary display to “integrated graphics” run by the cpu/mobo. Then see whats going on with it.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
malthrax

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:16:46 PM

Hi there!

I have a rig of 7x580, Everything was mining fine even after reboots untill I've shutted it down, removed the monitor cable and booted it...
Now the problem is: The gpu which had the monitor pluged in, is either not mining at all or hanging in claymore after a couple seconds.

As soon as I unplug the monitor, the GPU# stop mining, as soon as I replug it the GPU start mining...

The rig has been mining for 24h with a monitor, but GPU#0 is not able to mine without a monitor, or it's a 1-2mh/s

Thanks!

Buy a cheap monitor off of craigslist and leave it plugged in?
syraka76

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:17:57 PM

connect the monitor cable another gpu, uninstall the drivers with DDU, make sure the gpu to be connected to the monitor is connected to pci-16x motherboard, end install the drivers blockchan August 23, and restart.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 05:27:07 PM

Hi there!

Thanks!

You need a HDMI dummy plug just like one HERE Smiley
Your Welcome Wink

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Millime (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:30:34 PM

In the bios switch primary display to “integrated graphics” run by the cpu/mobo. Then see whats going on with it.

Not working

[/quote]

Buy a cheap monitor off of craigslist and leave it plugged in?
[/quote]

Not an option
connect the monitor cable another gpu, uninstall the drivers with DDU, make sure the gpu to be connected to the monitor is connected to pci-16x motherboard, end install the drivers blockchan August 23, and restart.

Already did, not working :/
Millime (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:38:13 PM

When I switch the monitor to another gpu, all works, but as soon as I unplug the montior, the last gpu used by the monitor stops mining
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 05:38:55 PM

Hi there!

Thanks!

Your Welcome Wink

!! THIS GOING TO WORK !!

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
Millime (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:49:30 PM

Use vídeo onboard and leave gpu's free to mine.

I plug my hdmi in the HDMI port of my Asus Prime Z270-a but nothing happens...
Need the intel drivers or something ? Celeron G3930
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 06:01:43 PM

... you really dont know what you doing  Grin

treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:32:54 PM

Hi there!

Thanks!

man whats the fuck is the problem...get hdmi/dvi dummy or maybe your monitor has 2 outputs...1 to your main pc 1 to your rig

gt_addict

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:29:29 PM

Dude!!! Switch it to onboard graphics and plug your monitor into the hdmi on your mobo and LEAVE IT ALONE. You shouldnt be plugging and unplugging cables of any description from a computer thats running!!

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:47:11 PM

I love these Reward for help posts.  No ever ever pays and they get so much attention  Roll Eyes
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:05:57 PM

i did not answer because of the reward, i answered because he is retarded and even retards deserve some help...its christmas time Cheesy Tongue

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:42:17 PM

Hi there!

Thanks!

Your Welcome Wink

those aren't needed roflamo, I don't use them and never have any problems

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:45:58 PM

Dude!!! Switch it to onboard graphics and plug your monitor into the hdmi on your mobo and LEAVE IT ALONE. You shouldnt be plugging and unplugging cables of any description from a computer thats running!!

not true. its just fine to unplug the monitor and then plug it back in when you need too. goes the same with anything usb. only some noob would say you shouldn't be plugging and unplugging cables of any description from a computer that's running. news flash man theres lots of cables that can be unplugged and plugged back in and be just fine, monitor cable being one of them

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
gt_addict

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:53:18 PM

not true. its just fine to unplug the monitor and then plug it back in when you need too. goes the same with anything usb. only some noob would say you shouldn't be plugging and unplugging cables of any description from a computer that's running. news flash man theres lots of cables that can be unplugged and plugged back in and be just fine, monitor cable being one of them

Roll Eyes here we go.....my point was, what is the point of risking upsetting anything, if its running with the monitor plugged in then just leave it alone. Or as a couple of us have suggested switch to onboard graphics so he is not using the cards at all.

Millime (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:11:06 AM

I've switched the default monitor to onboard in the mobo BIOS and now the hdmi port is working on the mobo and I dont plug my monitor in the GPU anymore.

But again, when I power off the rig and reboot it without monitor, I get the same error as before: GPU0 not mining
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 02:00:30 AM

You still dont understand wth you doing ... so there is a suggestion for you one more times ...

Hi there!

Thanks!

Your Welcome Wink

yomeyo

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:48:39 AM

You can use the HDMi dummy as mentioned above.

But your problem, is that you should have never plugged your monitor into your graphic card in the first place, since you don't know how to switch between the integrated GPU and External.

Leave the Graphic cards alone, and only plug your monitor to the VGA or HDMi of your Motherboard.
Try to do it, and reboot your computer (rig)
if it doesn't work, start your rig into Safe Mode.
Then reboot.
Your OS should enable your Intergrated GPU instead of your graphic card.

Also, if you connect your monitor to your VGA/HDMi of your motherboard, and go to your BiOS settings, you should be able to change to Integrated GPU.

Another way, is that if your monitor is plugged to an external graphic card, open your Graphic's control panel, and you can choose which GPU engine to be used by default. Chose your Integrated GPU. Apply, monitor could turn black, then plug it to Motherboard. Or you will need to reboot your rig while having your monitor plugged to your motherboard.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: