Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:05:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin.co.th trading suspended  (Read 21715 times)
btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:15:47 AM

This thread TL;DR.

I must ask who's paying for this publicity stunt.. lol.. Cool

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:22:02 AM

There is no evidance they said that. This is from the understanding of a non thai lawyer.

Well, the fact that OP said this and apparently shut down a business based on it is evidence.  It's just not very good evidence when nobody else seems to be verifying the claim.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:29:00 AM

There is no evidance they said that. This is from the understanding of a non thai lawyer.

Well, the fact that OP said this and apparently shut down a business based on it is evidence.  It's just not very good evidence when nobody else seems to be verifying the claim.

he did say he had a recording of the meeting. The best question to ask at this moment is who is the Foreign Exchange Administration and Policy Department  and what do they do?

I heard they don't enforce or make laws
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:30:21 AM

I don't understand why some people are so upset that Thailand central bankers said bitcoin is illegal? Did you really expect something different? I don't. This is just the beginning. More central bankers from other countries will follow.

Apparently, many of you forget that when it comes to money the central bankers are the law. The law is what they say is the law! If it was any different then Ben Bernanke would have already been in jail for printing out 85 billion counterfeit dollars every month.

I highly dobt op got much further than the lobby.
Whatever, Goat. Give it up. I can get you naturalized and renting anonymously in the US on the cheap. Grin You like brunettes?
sukiho

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:02:47 AM

Well, the fact that OP said this and apparently shut down a business based on it is evidence.  It's just not very good evidence when nobody else seems to be verifying the claim.
cant really be verified as  such because its just opinions, it hasnt been tested in court and no attempt has been made to test it

Thailand does work differently then the west, if a person high up the chain suggests you dont do something then its best to take their advice because its likely a veiled threat, they may find another reason to close him down or make his life difficult or even terminated if he goes ahead, on the other hand, if he makes a private offer to them that is substantial enough he may very well get the go ahead, but that may not be worth his while. legalities dont really come into it, you can buy a judge in Thailand if you have the cash
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:17:16 AM

Somehow I followed a press release thread that got moved here?  It wasn't about bitcoin.co.th or whatever.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:52:21 PM

Itink, someone has mispacked the suspension . Currently you are still allowed to getting some, just mined only. Currently there is no clear message at a moment. The company is under the attack so they slow down while keep discussing if there is something available. I have read the message.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:17:05 PM

And the Pirate Party International fell for this FUD too -.-

People are stupid all-over the world.

Ironically now it will be easier for governments to really ban Bitcoin, since many people think they already did, and no pitchforks happened.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:04:16 PM

Can you link me to a law where it says everything is illegal unless there is a law permitting said action?

There is no such law.  It is a common saying, generally directed at Communist countries.  The general form of the "truism" is that in "good" countries, like America, everything is permissible unless prohibited, but in "bad" countries, like Communist China, everything is prohibited unless permissible.  

It is basically a stereotype, not a legal principle.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:23:23 PM

It is basically a stereotype, not a legal principle.

So OP's lawyer is just an ignorant troll??

It's possible OP doesn't even have a lawyer and is a troll himself.  I'd like to see his response, though.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

I remember someone asking if this was real, and I think the OP said something along the lines of "as real as this recording". I'm trying to find that post but I no longer can
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 06:51:12 PM

I remember someone asking if this was real, and I think the OP said something along the lines of "as real as this recording". I'm trying to find that post but I no longer can

i saw it.

edit: Yes he deleted that post.   

Roll Eyes
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:58:59 PM

i saw it.

Yes i remember that post too and it's deleted now, hmmm...
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:55:51 PM

haha what a bastard
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:16:26 PM

Here's the cached version.

Just saved it locally, in case google cache updates.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:44:11 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 04:30:49 AM by dave111223

Sorry for the delay in replying; the butthurt being spewed from Chang Noi had me pinned against the bathroom wall and unable to reach the keyboard.

I'll make no further comment on the source document as it is already comprehensive.

As previously mentioned in this thread, Thailand has criminal defamation laws that apply even to proven truthful statements link.  There are plenty of people, of Chang Noi's ilk, who would see such laws utilized to afford silence in furtherance of their own agenda.

Chang Noi agenda is fairly clear.  He has most likely been operating in a legal grey area, news has arisen that the grey area is become more clarified and decidedly black, he has now gone into spin control mode, trying to muddy up the waters enough to provide himself with enough shadow to continue to operate.   I think I've read at least 50 posts under his name or his alias' on this forum and other outlets.  If you believe you are operating in a legal manner, then so be it and continue to do so...I wish you luck and would not intentionally do anything to disrupt you.

Personally I'm a believer in freedom; even when that right affords people like Chang Noi the ability to propagate falsehoods about me. Unfortunately people like Chang Noi's eagerness to see such freedoms bludgeoned, using draconian laws, limits my ability to defend my good name.
dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:23:44 AM

Let's talk about you Chang Noi seeing as you seem to be so against posting things without any proof?  Let's see what you've posted:

I am not Thai (proof; source?)
I am not in Thailand (proof; source?)
Bitcoin Co. Ltd. has made untruthful statements (proof; source?)
I own Bitcoin Co. Ltd (proof; source?)
I am drunk now, and have consumed alcohol in the last 2 days (proof; source?)
I am in a "rage", ie angry (proof; source?)
I have somehow broken some laws? (proof; source, legal codes)

Seeing as you are such an argent supporter of fact checking, please provide your sources for all these so called "facts" that you have published.  You are the only one published lies around here, without a single shred of evidence to back it up.

Everyone here is intelligent enough to see through your little smear campaign.

Let me ask you; if you are so interested in the truth, have you contacted the Bank of Thailand yet (phone or email, etc...) to confirm the facts?
dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:34:16 AM

I will be calling the Bank today and ask them about the "laws" on your website. I do not expect them to respond to me, but in time I'm sure they will respond to you. Best of luck buddy!

If you are sincere then please PM me and I will provide you with the telephone/email of people that you can contact directly.
dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 06:06:43 AM

You can send them to me if you want, but I will be calling the numbers I already have. If I can verify the info you send me is valid it might help out getting to the correct people faster.

My goal will be to get them to tell me that there is no law in Thailand that makes BTC illegal.

PM Sent, good luck and please post your findings.  Note I doubt you'll get any official statements, but at least you will be able to verify if in fact any such meeting, mentioned in the source document, took place.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 06:19:10 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 07:08:07 AM by vokain

why was the post that said you had a recording of the meeting removed?

i saw it.

Yes i remember that post too and it's deleted now, hmmm...

It was your reply to this post

Is this for real? This is huge (in the negative sense) news if true.
Is the source credible?

edit: i suppose we have to consider the possibility that people can get arrested for telling the truth (or falsity) in such a draconian country like Thailand, as we have so learned. we should not wish anyone not violent to go to jail.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: