Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:23:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin.co.th trading suspended  (Read 21714 times)
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:04:56 PM

Wow what a whole bunch of nothing!
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:07:13 PM

You have also agreed that there is "...nothing on paper." - Unverified
Why do you keep insisting there should be something on paper? Is Bitcoin on paper?
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:08:08 PM

Dave111223,

Please accept my apologies for this. I have amended my post accordingly.

Please feel free to rebut the unverified bits of information identified within the post in any order you so choose.

thanks.

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
e4xit

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:11:28 PM

Why do you keep insisting there should be something on paper? Is Bitcoin on paper?

"On paper" is a commonly used western phrase, meaning that the idea being discussed (usually, but not exclusively orally) has been laid down properly.
In this context, it would be taken (by a westerner) to mean "laid down by law (officially)".

I, of course, do not want him to print out the original article on paper, and take a picture of it for me.

Apologies if the idiom was above your understanding of English (or you are not a native speaker etc).

thanks.

CoinJoin, always.
Chang Hum

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:15:59 PM

"On paper" is a commonly used western phrase, meaning that the idea being discussed (usually, but not exclusively orally) has been laid down properly.
In this context, it would be taken (by a westerner) to mean "laid down by law (officially)".

I, of course, do not want him to print out the original article on paper, and take a picture of it for me.

Apologies if the idiom was above your understanding of English (or you are not a native speaker etc).

thanks.

too many commas mate
dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 01:16:05 PM

e4xit

Governor of Bank of Thailand (head of the central bank) has already verified points mentioned in the source as accurate:
http://www.posttoday.com/เศรษฐกิจ-หุ้น/การเงิน/237451/ธปท-จับตาเฟดตัดสินคิวอี
(roughly translated: http://asiancorrespondent.com/111332/has-bitcoin-been-banned-from-thailand/)

And has not denounced any part of the statement as false or inaccurate.

Given this; why would you assume that the source is in fact fabricated?
e4xit

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:21:55 PM

Dave111223,

Thank you for replying. I have actually never said that I did not believe you (you can check if you like), I only asked you for your sources, as you had provided none.

I understand however,why you may have defaulted to this hostile view of my questions, as I did read the whole thread through and can see that it may have appeared to you that people were attacking you personally, when I think really they were havign difficulty communicating that they did not believe your 'story' without the provision of credible sources.

thanks.

CoinJoin, always.
Chang Hum

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:24:28 PM

e4xit

Governor of Bank of Thailand (head of the central bank) has already verified points mentioned in the source as accurate:
http://www.posttoday.com/เศรษฐกิจ-หุ้น/การเงิน/237451/ธปท-จับตาเฟดตัดสินคิวอี
(roughly translated: http://asiancorrespondent.com/111332/has-bitcoin-been-banned-from-thailand/)

And has not denounced any part of the statement as false or inaccurate.

Given this; why would you assume that the source is in fact fabricated?

That's the same quoted text dave!!!

“Listening to their explanation, it is almost in the direction of the exchange rate so we asked they stop so we could investigate first and for now we asked they not involve themselves with the Baht because what they do may be a way to speculate on the exchange rate. Hence, we asked for time to look at the issue first. For the issue that they explained on being able to oversee other countries, the BOT asked them to send more information first”

“ฟังที่เขาอธิบาย มันค่อนไปในทางเกี่ยวข้องกับอัตราแลกเปลี่ยน จึงต้องขอให้เขาหยุดและตรวจสอบก่อน และเวลานี้เราก็ขอให้เขาไม่มายุ่งกับเงินบาท เพราะสิ่งที่เขาทำอาจเป็นช่องทางเข้ามาเก็งกำไรอัตราแลกเปลี่ยนก็เป็นได้ จึงขอเวลาศึกษาก่อน ส่วนกรณีที่เขาชี้แจงว่า สามารถทำได้ในการกำกับดูแลของประเทศอื่นๆ ทางแบงก์ชาติก็ขอให้เขาส่งข้อมูลมาให้ดูเพิ่มเติมแล้ว” นายประสาร กล่าว

It's completely different to what you were saying are you crazy man?

....edit: looks like they didn't even flat out refuse your bank account why didn't you put more effort in and get yourself a little exchange going mate
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:27:16 PM

as I did read the whole thread through and can see that it may have appeared to you that people were attacking you personally, when I think really they were havign difficulty communicating that they did not believe your 'story' without the provision of credible sources
There's a fine line.

For me it's difficult not to attack him personally, since he personally spread this fake news which the stupid media copy-pasted without bothering to check if it was legit...

While it's not his fault if the media are stupid, it is definitely his fault if he spread FUD.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Chang Hum

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:31:15 PM

as I did read the whole thread through and can see that it may have appeared to you that people were attacking you personally, when I think really they were havign difficulty communicating that they did not believe your 'story' without the provision of credible sources
There's a fine line.

For me it's difficult not to attack him personally, since he personally spread this fake news which the stupid media copy-pasted without bothering to check if it was legit...

While it's not his fault if the media are stupid, it is definitely his fault if he spread FUD.

I sold my entire Bitcoin holdings on reception of his news and burnt the money I received as not to get into any legal difficulties.

I've bribed a screw in the Hilton to right this comment as I was unaware both burning an image of the King, and lighting  a naked flame in a petrol station was illegal here.
e4xit

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:00:50 PM

There's a fine line.

Lohoris, you are of course correct that each individual should be help accountable for his/her own actions (unless perhaps there is a mental condition, or age (maturity) which has not been reached.

In the spirit of 'innocent until proven guilty', I was just trying to give him a chance to provide his sources, before too denouncing him as a fraud/FUD-spreader!

But I think, judging by what the Thai representatives from among us in the forum have kindly translated, it appears that  FUD-spreader he may be Wink

CoinJoin, always.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:04:09 PM

Lohoris, you are of course correct that each individual should be help accountable for his/her own actions (unless perhaps there is a mental condition, or age (maturity) which has not been reached.

In the spirit of 'innocent until proven guilty', I was just trying to give him a chance to provide his sources, before too denouncing him as a fraud/FUD-spreader!

But I think, judging by what the Thai representatives from among us in the forum have kindly translated, it appears that  FUD-spreader he may be Wink
Correct.

Also, since he claimed to have proof, but refused to post them, this fact alone would mark him as FUDder.

(plus, he also refused to answer the questions asked to him, such as if he was there, if he speaks thai... he just ignored them. If he wasn't lying, he could have answered)

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
e4xit

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:28:40 PM

Thanks Dave!

(Not entirely sure why this appears in the google image search for "Thanks Dave", but oh well!)  Huh

CoinJoin, always.
Chang Hum

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:36:49 PM

Thanks Dave!

(Not entirely sure why this appears in the google image search for "Thanks Dave", but oh well!)  Huh

Because it's a perfect anagram of "thanks Dave for walking along the waves"
dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 02:41:04 PM

....edit: looks like they didn't even flat out refuse your bank account why didn't you put more effort in and get yourself a little exchange going mate

Refuse my bank account?  ...you don't open a bank account at the central bank

Governor supports the following facts:
- Bitcoin Co. applied for exchange licenses
- Meetings were had (explanations given)
- Business asked to stop operations

Facts not mentioned in his comments are the direct statements made about legality of bitcoin trades...but why ask the business to stop operation if they are operating perfectly legally?  If this info was fabricated, and never issued by the BoT, then why not state so?

Ok read the thai and she says she asked dave to stop while they look into it. They dont know what paperwork needs to be done. There is no talk about bitcoin being illegal and that in the future odds are it can be regulated. They just want time. Dave is full of shit about it being illegal.

Prasarn Trairatvorakul is a man...fail...I'm so tempted to hit ignore but...ah just can't do it.

As for additional information I can discuss in private with anyone who has a sincere interest in specific questions; but I cannot post any more public comments due to clear legal threats and intimidation from Chang Noi.  Feel free to PM me.  I highly doubt that anyone else here would be willing publish personal information publicly with someone like Chang Noi screaming  "I'm gonna grass you in", "I hope you go to jail", etc....  As previously mentioned criminal defamation laws can be applied to truthful statements in Thailand so I must be careful.
Chang Hum

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:54:30 PM

Refuse my bank account?  ...you don't open a bank account at the central bank

Governor supports the following facts:
- Bitcoin Co. applied for exchange licenses
- Meetings were had (explanations given)
- Business asked to stop operations

Facts not mentioned in his comments are the direct statements made about legality of bitcoin trades...but why ask the business to stop operation if they are operating perfectly legally?  If this info was fabricated, and never issued by the BoT, then why not state so?

Ok read the thai and she says she asked dave to stop while they look into it. They dont know what paperwork needs to be done. There is no talk about bitcoin being illegal and that in the future odds are it can be regulated. They just want time. Dave is full of shit about it being illegal.

Prasarn Trairatvorakul is a man...fail...I'm so tempted to hit ignore but...ah just can't do it.

As for additional information I can discuss in private with anyone who has a sincere interest in specific questions; but I cannot post any more public comments due to clear legal threats and intimidation from Chang Noi.  Feel free to PM me.  I highly doubt that anyone else here would be willing publish personal information publicly with someone like Chang Noi screaming  "I'm gonna grass you in", "I hope you go to jail", etc....  As previously mentioned criminal defamation laws can be applied to truthful statements in Thailand so I must be careful.

Sorry get your license! As the article says It is accurate to say that Thailand has not issued you a license to a Bitcoin Exchange, but it is a different issue from banning Bitcoin.

Post Today cite BOT Governor Prasarn who states that in relation to the statement the Bitcoin company posted on their Web site, that the company contacted the BOT to request permission for the “money changer” business, but what they are doing is not exchanging of money. It may constitute being related to changes in the exchange rate. Therefore, we asked for suspension of activities through their Web site while we investigated. For now, we are liaising with relevant authorities to look at the details both the ICT (in relation to electronic transactions), Ministry of Finance, and the SEC before considering whether we can give a license or not.

“Listening to their explanation, it is almost in the direction of the exchange rate so we asked they stop so we could investigate first and for now we asked they not involve themselves with the Baht because what they do may be a way to speculate on the exchange rate. Hence, we asked for time to look at the issue first. For the issue that they explained on being able to oversee other countries, the BOT asked them to send more information first” Mr. Prasarn stated

dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 02:55:51 PM

You never gave us anything now you cant cuz im going to get you. Lol. I guess some one told you who i really am but no im not going after you.

I gave you contacts at the BoT, to add to your already extensive network of contacts, that you were in touch with today....what was the result of the follow up you did?

As I said I'll be willing to discuss with anyone interested in private.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:57:45 PM

In this context
What a bunch of retards gather sometimes on these forums?

We all should be grateful to OP for the timely info he gave us about Thai central bank order to suspend his Bitcoin business. Instead bunch of idiots decided to blame him for bank's decision.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:03:26 PM

I sold my entire Bitcoin holdings on reception of his news and burnt the money
Why did you sell? It is a good news!
I bought on this news and have 10% profit now.
dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:05:32 PM

You never gave us anything now you cant cuz im going to get you. Lol. I guess some one told you who i really am but no im not going after you.

I gave you contacts at the BoT, to add to your already extensive network of contacts, that you were in touch with today....what was the result of the follow up you did?

As I said I'll be willing to discuss with anyone interested in private.

You gave me phone numbers found on their public website.

Thanks dave

And the email addresses?  Were they public too?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: