Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What ASIC hardware can I buy that will be delivered within 2 weeks?  (Read 1137 times)
n4ru (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:29:27 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 10:06:14 AM by n4ru

The only thing I can find are USB block Erupters, which at 1.8BTC/GH isn't a very good deal.

Took a look at the math on some miners such as KnC's Jupiter. $17.5/GH with early October shipping is a 1 month ROI with 150% ROI after a year. BUT if they come LATE October it's a whopping 12 month ROI with just a few weeks of delay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 09:40:32 AM

The only thing I can find are USB block Erupters, which at 1.8BTC/GH isn't a very good deal.

don't buy this old generation of ASIC chips which are available at the moment. they are overpriced and with a low power efficiency. if all decline to buy it would be much better for most of us (not for the producers). at the moment the greed is unbelievable in the market but these chips will never reach Break Even.

buy only devices with < 65nm chips (no BFL, Avalon, ASICMiner).

eraziel

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:04:17 AM

Oh is that so, I guess my BitburnersXX at 100W and 9GH for 4BTC are never going to reach breakeven then?
n4ru (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:08:40 AM

Oh is that so, I guess my BitburnersXX at 100W and 9GH for 4BTC are never going to reach breakeven then?
Unless you started mining before September AND with free electricity, no.
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:09:44 AM

don't buy this old generation of ASIC chips which are available at the moment. they are overpriced and with a low power efficiency. if all decline to buy it would be much better for most of us (not for the producers). at the moment the greed is unbelievable in the market but these chips will never reach Break Even.

buy only devices with < 65nm chips (no BFL, Avalon, ASICMiner).

You didn't answer the question.

OP, the only ASIC hardware you can buy right now are preowned Avalons, BFL jalapenos, singles, and a few minirigs, and preowned AM blades and USBs.  Everything else is on preorder or vaporware.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:13:19 AM

so, all guys in later Zefir/Sebastin groups are out of luck, because assembly will take next 2-3 weeks + few days for shipping??
eraziel

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:22:03 AM

I suggest you go back to high-school and take a basic math course.
Or just use http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
Either way might as well not speak if you don't know what you are talking about.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:23:16 AM

so, all guys in later Zefir/Sebastin groups are out of luck, because assembly will take next 2-3 weeks + few days for shipping??

9GH on a 20 chip board is running at 450MHs...  I believe that is the theoretical maximum for the chip.  The Avalon chips are not particularly efficient when compared to the newer chips which are just now hitting the market (i.e. bitfury).  You will need to spend additional on fancy cooling.  Air cooling would not be close to dissipating the heat.

If you get it (and can run it stably) in the next few weeks you will be sitting fat.
Otherwise the newer stuff is going to walk all over it in both GHs/BTC and GHs/watt

Before you go one about math... my projections say that you will be profitable (i.e. will earn back the 4BTC) if you receive it and start running it by Sept. 17
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236050.0
eraziel

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:31:28 AM

No, you don't need to spend additional on anything. The 105 euro board comes assembled with a heatsink and a fan that can keep it below 60 degrees when runing overvolted and overclocked to 450MHz.
Reliability shouldn't be a problem given that avalons are running much hotter with no  problems.
Chips + board + shipping is about 4BTC total which gets you a 9GH/s miner which consumes electricity worth less than 10 euro per month.
You will get your initial investment back in about 3-5 months depending on the diff increase but you are nowhere near "not breaking even".
jspielberg

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:39:32 AM

No, you don't need to spend additional on anything. The 105 euro board comes assembled with a heatsink and a fan that can keep it below 60 degrees when runing overvolted and overclocked to 450MHz.
Reliability shouldn't be a problem given that avalons are running much hotter with no  problems.
Chips + board + shipping is about 4BTC total which gets you a 9GH/s miner which consumes electricity worth less than 10 euro per month.
You will get your initial investment back in about 3-5 months depending on the diff increase but you are nowhere near "not breaking even".

With mining and difficulty... it all depends on when you get it.  Get it after mid September and you will never get your 4BTC back... even with free electricity and 100% uptime (unless you are really lucky with variance.... but the same can be said with an underpowered USB miner as well).  If the numbers continue as they have been (and they look to be even worse), those who get their XXs after mid September won't be happy.
eraziel

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:43:33 AM

Reliability shouldn't be a problem given that avalons are running much hotter with no  problems.

With mining and difficulty... it all depends on when you get it.  Get it after mid September and you will never get your 4BTC back... even with free electricity and 100% uptime (unless you are really lucky with variance.... but the same can be said with an underpowered USB miner as well).  If the numbers continue as they have been (and they look to be even worse), those who get their XXs after mid September won't be happy.

Lucky me being in batch 1, scheduled to ship assembled devices next week then  Wink
jspielberg

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:50:19 AM

Lucky me being in batch 1, scheduled to ship assembled devices next week then  Wink

Congrats! You are going to be in good shape.  
But as I have learned being an Avalon B3 4 module ex-customer.... don't count your chips/asics/refunds/trade-ins/etc. until they have shipped!
Lately Bitsyncom seems a bit overwhelmed.

Sooo... getting back on topic.
Assuming Bitsyncom is able to deliver chips shortly.  I think the current state of asics hasn't changed much in the last couple of weeks. Pre-owned Asic gear and usb miners are the only thing that you can order (Avalon K1's, or AsicMiner's USB) which will arrive in the next couple of weeks.  The new USB pricing is about .6GH/BTC, which... ahh... is pretty poor performance... but a better deal than they were a week ago.
n4ru (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

I suggest you go back to high-school and take a basic math course.
Or just use http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
Either way might as well not speak if you don't know what you are talking about.
That is what I used for my calculations... you'll make just under 110% ROI if you're up and running in early September. That is with NO extra costs and no electricity costs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: