Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:49:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Coins  (Read 533 times)
zoxerz (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:14:46 AM

I'm trying to get some bitcoins really quick today. It seems like all the instant CC sites are either taken down or under maintenance. Leaving me with slower options like waiting to mail in a money order.

Anybody know of a way I can get some really quick bitcoins with CC?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
karma9

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:32:12 AM

you should state your country at least.
zoxerz (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:38:55 PM

Oh yeah, duh, I'm in the USA
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:41:52 PM

VirWoX is the only one I know of that allows CC in the US, but it takes two days for your account to verified if you haven't made a transaction yet.

BTC-E also accepts CC but not in the US it seems.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:32:44 PM

Oh yeah, duh, I'm in the USA

Take a look at https://localbitcoins.com

You may have a local seller that will quickly provide you with bitcoins in exchange for cash.
boatase

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:09:27 PM

I'm trying to get some bitcoins really quick today. It seems like all the instant CC sites are either taken down or under maintenance. Leaving me with slower options like waiting to mail in a money order.

Anybody know of a way I can get some really quick bitcoins with CC?

Make a trade with a trusted forum member using escrow and it should not take too long.
flagel8

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:51:48 AM

I swear by localbitcoins. https://localbitcoins.com/

Make sure the seller funds the transaction (ie; sends the coins to localbitcoins in escrow) so that you are protected by the escrow service. It costs (the seller) 1%, so it's totally worth it for the peace of mind. Meet in a safe public place (Cafe or Library) with wi-fi, and the seller needs to have either a cell, or preferably a laptop.

The seller sends the coins to an escrow account on localbitcoins, and is given a release code that only you know after he releases the coins to your account. Which he does after counting your money. Very relaxed process.

I think that if you wish, localbitcoins can also send your cell an SMS when the coins have been released to your account, but I haven't actually used this, because if the seller knows the release code, the coins are now yours.
CryptoChamp

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:55:23 PM

You can only buy BTC with CC from VirwoX.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: