Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:27:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kkmoon 2600w Dual Server PSU ATX  (Read 1109 times)
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:58:16 PM

At first glance this PSU may look awesome but my primary worry about this kind of PSU is the build quality and power efficiency. Is it really 80+ platinum? I've seen some china made PSU with 80+ gold stickers which were obviously faked. My next worry would be my power outlet / extension cord. Isn't running at more than 2000 watts in a single socket considered dangerous?

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:07:12 PM

At first glance this PSU may look awesome but my primary worry about this kind of PSU is the build quality and power efficiency. Is it really 80+ platinum? I've seen some china made PSU with 80+ gold stickers which were obviously faked.

Yes, these are my concerns as well. I've seen ATX PSUs from China that claimed to have passive PFC, for example, and it turned out there was a piece of cement shaped and painted to look like a PFC choke inside.  Roll Eyes

My next worry would be my power outlet / extension cord. Isn't running at more than 2000 watts in a single socket considered dangerous?

Yep, you'd want (probably need) to use 220-240VAC for this. In the US the maximum continuous load allowed on any one outlet in a branch circuit is 80% of the wiring rating. If the wire is 12 AWG then that is 80% of 20A, or 16A, and 16A * 120V = 1920W. Note that this is power at the outlet; you have to multiply by PSU efficiency to find out how much useful output power is allowed. If it really is 80+ Platinum (95% efficiency) then you could theoretically draw 1824W from its output.

robl450

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

Yep, but its not a PICO issue, but with server PSU.Response from PICO:

Hi Victor,

While troubleshooting for another customer who ordered the 180w adapter and our 2400w power supply kit we came to find that because the Delta 2400w power supply has an output voltage rating of 12.5v, vs 12v from standard power supplies that the Asus B250 motherboard bios settings will not allow the motherboard to boot properly if the voltage exceeds the max voltage threshold. So you are correct, for specifically the Asus B250 you would would want to use our power supply kit only for the GPUs.

As for the ATX adapter cable burning up after about an hour of use, we will need to look into this further to determine what the issue was. Please feel free to email me at Albert.s - at -centrix-intl.com or call me at 9094803000 ext 115 for more details. We can still set you up with a return for a full refund on the ATX adapters.

Thank you.
I am using this PSU with ASUS B250 Mining Expert MB. it works fine.

which psu?  the server supply or the pico?
robl450

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:19:04 PM

At first glance this PSU may look awesome but my primary worry about this kind of PSU is the build quality and power efficiency. Is it really 80+ platinum? I've seen some china made PSU with 80+ gold stickers which were obviously faked. My next worry would be my power outlet / extension cord. Isn't running at more than 2000 watts in a single socket considered dangerous?

It won't put out 2600 watts at 120v.  More like 2000 or a little less.
gt_addict (OP)

Activity: 2506
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:34:53 PM

The server psus inside are HP common slot ones so can be any efficiency they do. Thats unless you dont believe HP are providing the wuoted efficiency ratings either?  Cheesy

The build quality of the case/wiring harnes would be in question though and hence my initial post asking if anyone had/has one and what its like.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:43:57 PM

Still waiting for mine, should be a week or two, we'll know more by then  Grin

And yes it's HP psu's so i don't have any worries, only the case like you stated.

Also 2000w from outlet is fine if you have the right amps (i can run 220v @ 10amps for 2200W or 16amps @ 3520W) Dunno for US that run 110v but it all depend on the amps.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:02:02 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 01:25:03 PM by m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Hello,

Just got the PSU today in the mail, it was 160€, delivered by UPS (bought it on amazon, shipping was free), here is what i have to report so far.

- Clean build, pretty sturdy feeling/looking, well assembled.

- 2x 1200W HP power supply (model DPS-1200FB A / HSTNS-PD11), used of course but looking great and clean (i disassembled one, it look like new inside and outside, even "smell" new, wondering if it's not new but i doubt it), it's not a 2600W PSU, more like 2400W, the fans seems to have been replaced (not the brand you usually see in pictures)

- Disassembled the enclosure to see the connectors and PCB inside, look pretty great, soldering is clean and everything seems to be well built.

- 8x GPU cables built with 2x 12AWG cables departing from each PSU PCB for power load balancing, each GPU cables has 3x 6+2pins PCI-E power connectors each with 2x3 18AWG cables to each connectors coming from the 2x 12 AWG cables to spread out the power load.

- 24pin ATX cable + 8pin GPU cable on one 2x 12AWG power cable (again with the load splitted)

- 1x3 molex and 3x3 sata coming from 2x 12AWG power cable (again with the load splitted), splitted in 4 cables with 3x connectors on it.

- All the plastic connectors by themselves look OK, not the highest quality (pretty normal for this price range) but i saw alot worse. Should work !

Questions i have now

- Is the 18 AWG a good choice ? i think so because with the power equal sharing it should perform well. And that's what you see for most ATX PSU's.

- Why announce it as 2600W when it's clearly 2400W did i miss something, i doubt it, probably a mistake on their part. well 2400W is still plenty.

- Are the PSU's really platinum, since the model number i found is DPS-1200FB A and the model i saw on the internet are DPS-1200FB-1 A, i found a post here saying that the -1 mean that it's a platinum PSU where as when you don't have the -1 there is no power efficiency certification. If someone got more information, i'll be interested.

I will come back with rig testings, feedbacks, and pictures over the week-end. Im in no way an electronic expert so giving out as much as i can with my limited knowledge.
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:19:01 PM

That's cool. Do you have some equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope) to feed us some data?
robl450

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:19:14 PM

I'm just very curious to see if its going to run the motherboard as all the pico issues seem to be from them passing the server 12V through the pico and the 12V from the server supply is like 12.5V so the motherboards won't start.  I'm sure the Chinese figured that out though.  They make a lot of junk but a lot of innovative things as well.

Hello,

Just got the PSU today in the mail, it was 160€, delivered by UPS (bought it on amazon, shipping was free), here is what i have to report so far.

- Clean build, pretty sturdy feeling/looking, well assembled.

- 2x 1200W HP power supply (model DPS-1200FB A / HSTNS-PD11), used of course but looking great and clean (i disassembled one, it look like new inside and outside, even "smell" new, wondering if it's not new but i doubt it), it's not a 2600W PSU, more like 2400W, the fans seems to have been replaced (not the brand you usually see in pictures)

- Disassembled the enclosure to see the connectors and PCB inside, look pretty great, soldering is clean and everything seems to be well built.

- 8x GPU cables built with 2x 12AWG cables departing from each PSU PCB for power load balancing, each GPU cables has 3x 6+2pins PCI-E power connectors each with 2x3 18AWG cables to each connectors coming from the 2x 12 AWG cables to spread out the power load.

- 24pin ATX cable + 8pin GPU cable on one 2x 12AWG power cable (again with the load splitted)

- 1x3 molex and 3x3 sata coming from 2x 12AWG power cable (again with the load splitted), splitted in 4 cables with 3x connectors on it.

- All the plastic connectors by themselves look OK, not the highest quality (pretty normal for this price range) but i saw alot worse. Should work !

Questions i have now

- Is the 18 AWG a good choice ? i think so because with the power equal sharing it should perform well. And that's what you see for most ATX PSU's.

- Why announce it as 2600W when it's clearly 2400W did i miss something, i doubt it, probably a mistake on their part. well 2400W is still plenty.

- Are the PSU's really platinium, since the model number i found is DPS-1200FB A and the model i saw on the internet are DPS-1200FB-1 A, i found a post here saying that the -1 mean that it's a platinum PSU where as when you don't have the -1 there is no power efficiency certification. If someone got more information, i'll be interested.

I will come back with rig testings, feedbacks, and pictures over the week-end. Im in no way an electronic expert so giving out as much as i can with my limited knowledge.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:23:11 PM

I'm just very curious to see if its going to run the motherboard as all the pico issues seem to be from them passing the server 12V through the pico and the 12V from the server supply is like 12.5V so the motherboards won't start.  I'm sure the Chinese figured that out though.  They make a lot of junk but a lot of innovative things as well.

Yes im also curious how it run, i'll try it over the week-end on my test rig, we'll see how it goes.

That's cool. Do you have some equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope) to feed us some data?

Multimeter yes, oscilloscope no (i wouldn't know how to use it anyway xD)
Amstellodamois

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:27:55 PM

You can measure the 12VDC value and its ripple then :-)
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:30:57 PM

You can measure the 12VDC value and its ripple then :-)

Yes that was already my idea, to mesure it
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:57:08 PM

https://pp.userapi.com/c841524/v841524013/564bb/uKOWSu9nOkI.jpg

^ ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ powered by one of these PSUs.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:48:11 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 07:01:43 PM by m1n1ngP4d4w4n

a few pictures until i make my testing

As you can see, there are good things (cable lenghts/quality) and some things a bit sloppier (like the soldering under the main PCB, they're good solder (not hollow or else) but not very cleanly done.)

for those interested in the full size gallery https://imgur.com/a/yqq8D
gt_addict (OP)

Activity: 2506
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:30:20 AM

As youve said its not too bad. It maybe a very good alternative to a dual psu setup and remove the need for the pico aswell.

Update us when its on a rig (and what rig its powering)  Smiley

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:05:43 PM

As youve said its not too bad. It maybe a very good alternative to a dual psu setup and remove the need for the pico aswell.

Update us when its on a rig (and what rig its powering)  Smiley

Yup it's promising, i will keep you all updated as soon as i made more testings, measurements and stuff, will probably go the safe way first with my test rig that has only one card, then if stable, i'll hook it up to one of my 6x gpu rig that use a double PSU. We'll see how it goes !
robl450

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:46:06 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 04:10:20 PM by robl450

any news on this?  Mine is arriving today.  Different seller but almost identical to this one.

Received mine today.  I didn't pull it apart like previous poster but I did pull out one of the supplies and it is the same supply as shown in the picture above.  I paid like 180 from Ebay. I hope the stupid thing works.  Still waiting for motherboard and cpu.
robl450

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:54:37 PM

any news on this?  Mine is arriving today.  Different seller but almost identical to this one.

Received mine today.  I didn't pull it apart like previous poster but I did pull out one of the supplies and it is the same supply as shown in the picture above.  I paid like 180 from Ebay. I hope the stupid thing works.  Still waiting for motherboard and cpu.

It appears USPS has lost my motherboard so no testing yet.

Does anyone know how they get the 5V off of supplies that only do 12V?  I'm assuming they have a converter in there?
Amstellodamois

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:15:43 PM

Very likely, yes.
I wonder how many amps the 5V has to deliver. Probably not much.
Amstellodamois

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:53:18 PM

There's a recent feedback:
While server power supplies contained designate 1200W per unit (so 2400W total, not 2600W) at 200-240VAC, unit cannot handle more than 1700W full load on a 240VAC supply. I bought 3. 1 came damaged (bad packaging), but working. All 3 were tested. All 3 will be returned due to insufficient supply.

Please tell us how yours behave under heavy load.

In the meantime, has anyone tried their ATX power supply?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: