Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:31:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Litecoin Terracoin and so on. Online Wallet. In need of developers.  (Read 960 times)
bardi.harborow (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:26:48 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 02:45:54 AM by bardi.harborow

I am thinking of developing a online wallet (think blockchain.info) for multiple cryptocurrencies that handles private keys client side.

1. Is there a better way than running bitcoind, litecoind, terracoind and so on, on a server and using them to push transactions and get unspent outputs from.
2. Can you actually get unspent outputs from bitcoind.
3. Is there any community interest in something like this?
4. Are there any developers who would be willing to help me develop this. (I am a allright programmer but I could use some help)
5. Is there a js library that can turn unspent outputs in to hex encoded transaction. Needs to support tons of alt coins. I could develop this but if it exists no need to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance! Cheesy
bardi.harborow (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:06:49 AM

bump!
DanteC

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 04:41:37 AM

Hi

I work with a group of developers, have been developing bitcoin software since beginning of this year.
We are starting to work in a similar project, a web server with a multi-currency wallet.

If you are really interested, we can take the bounty in any currency, and will add features as you want.
Just write, ok?

dac (dot) maldonado (at) gmail (dot) com

Dante

bardi.harborow (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:47:07 AM

final bump!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:42:45 AM

What would be the point of an online wallet if the private keys are on the client side?

May as well just use the official client for whichever coin you are storing and store it yourself.

Makes no sense to have an online wallet that merely acts as a quasi wallet of your coins when the user has the private key.

Unless the private key the users are using on the site is to redeem coins from say a physical bitcoin or litecoin, i would say there isn't a real use that I can see. I may be wrong on this, but it is what I see at the moment.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bardi.harborow (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:17:56 AM

What would be the point of an online wallet if the private keys are on the client side?

May as well just use the official client for whichever coin you are storing and store it yourself.

Makes no sense to have an online wallet that merely acts as a quasi wallet of your coins when the user has the private key.

Unless the private key the users are using on the site is to redeem coins from say a physical bitcoin or litecoin, i would say there isn't a real use that I can see. I may be wrong on this, but it is what I see at the moment.

Check out blockchain.info for an idea of what i'm thinking. The reasons for having an online wallet:

1. No blockchain download.
2. Private keys are encrypted and synced to the cloud ie. access any where.
DanteC

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:54:16 PM

Hi Bardi

Why the bump? Can't understand. Original post said you wanted to give a bounty but have no bitcoins.
Just trying to help.

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:07:09 PM

Well it is an awesome idea. I'm more interested in the API blockchain.info provides rather than the wallet. For example, rawaddr, pushtx, etc.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
bardi.harborow (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:35:05 PM

Well it is an awesome idea. I'm more interested in the API blockchain.info provides rather than the wallet. For example, rawaddr, pushtx, etc.

Yes, even an API would be a great starting point. I'm looking at this being my next project so let me know if you are interested in being part of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: