Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it stupid to buy alts with bitcoin now ??  (Read 930 times)
Minnaja

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:53:46 PM

I think that now is a good time to buy alt coins. But it would be better if you bought them for fiat , not for bitcoin. I also do not have a fiat and I already bought the altcoin for ETH  Undecided

kengeorge21

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:02:40 AM

Good analysis, actually i was thinking of this as well. It's pretty hard to look for exchange that you can easily buy coins coming from a fiat, others says that in order to do so better look for a p2p transaction rather than converting fiat into bitcoin and then to alts, it actually make sense since ratio between bitcoin and alts are quite high these days and for me i rather buy alts directly coming from fiat than bitcoin because we know that bitcoin will always stays at the top and this dumps will surely covered by some huge pump later on.

MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:39:16 AM

Good analysis, actually i was thinking of this as well. It's pretty hard to look for exchange that you can easily buy coins coming from a fiat, others says that in order to do so better look for a p2p transaction rather than converting fiat into bitcoin and then to alts, it actually make sense since ratio between bitcoin and alts are quite high these days and for me i rather buy alts directly coming from fiat than bitcoin because we know that bitcoin will always stays at the top and this dumps will surely covered by some huge pump later on.
I usually buy alts thru bitcoin to exchange,  since I'd been used on doin it since before, buying alts in ico can be the best option for potential coins, having p2p transactions is quite risky, though if you're to deal with legit and trusted people then that's a good catch.

sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:19:09 AM

No, as long as you are buying valuable under-valued coins that will moon and make you money, then that is OK.

maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:29:52 AM

it depends on how you can determine the altcoin that you want to buy because I think almost the altcoin wants to increase and maybe this time the altcoin will reach the highest price. I think this will be good if you can find one or more altcoin that still in low price so you can buy and start to waiting for the price to increase back. I am sure that you can get the right coins because there is too many altcoins that you can choose to buy.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Veidt

Activity: 150

Famous last words - Hold my beer.

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:33:34 AM

With bitcoin low, some alts are dancing like crazy when you compare them vs btc and not vs usd. So my question is .... is it really that smart to buy alts with bitcoin now, if or not if when bitcoin starts to move upwards again wont alts go down like crazy ?? Or is it worth taking a chance on something and hope for the best? PS! I'm trying to accumulate BTC not dollars  Tongue

When bitcoin goes up, usually alts follow.

Thats what I do, I drink beer and I know stuff.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:41:56 AM

Those who buys the altcoin are doing good because once the price of altcoin increase you will get the double amount what you have now. I tried many times like and made good profit when the altcoin are in dip.

maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:53:21 AM

No, as long as you are buying valuable under-valued coins that will moon and make you money, then that is OK.

with doing some research on the coins, I think he could find the profitable for short term and long term and he could make a profit. but don't even try to buy the coins that are already going to the moon because you can risk your money to get trapped at the high price. make sure that when you buy the coins, the price is at a lower price so you don't have to wait too long.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:57:06 AM

I think its not. Altcoins were also crashed in last couple of days or a week. Bitcoin is hard to recover in current situation but many alts have their roadmap to catch so good news will still pump their prices.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
lordzc

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:28:05 AM

Bitcoin domination is very low. When the market starts to rise, the first BTC will rise.
g4r1n1m

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:46:20 AM

its really depends which coins you buy and for long term or short term
i hold most of my portfolio in alts for a long term
seoulfood

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:51:20 AM

If you are truly invested in doing a long term HODL, then no. This is actually the best time. If you are trying to day trade, yes, don't be crazy.

I would suggest trying something small that has a potential to woon, but doesn't require a lot of capital if you want to speculate. My favorite right now is COLX. Otherwise, be safe my friend. Lots of money to be lost if you aren't careful.
cashjonny

Activity: 103

ICO Live! betterbetting.org

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:25:13 AM

It depends on how you acquire the bitcoin. Because if you buy bitcoin now with your money it’s a good choice. You will get double amount compared to a month ago. This is a great time to buy bitcoin and turn it into alt coins if you don’t have patience to wait for bitcoin’s recovery.

crypt0heaven

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:40:52 AM

With bitcoin low, some alts are dancing like crazy when you compare them vs btc and not vs usd. So my question is .... is it really that smart to buy alts with bitcoin now, if or not if when bitcoin starts to move upwards again wont alts go down like crazy ?? Or is it worth taking a chance on something and hope for the best? PS! I'm trying to accumulate BTC not dollars  Tongue

It might be a really smart move actually to buy some altcoins now. Look at stratis for example, that is a very bullish setup despite the dip.
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:53:14 PM

Previously, I was always waiting when bitcoin stabilized and only after that I bought alts. But now I try to buy interesting coins for each drawdown. Almost always I'm in plus. Just need to accumulate experience (especially unsuccessful) and then start to feel when it's time.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:58:18 PM

At a time when Bitcoin's rates have fallen sharply, Altcoins will also suffer. You should invest in Bitcoin and Altcoins at that time because the price of the cryptos will increase rapidly over the next few weeks. The coins you should spend in are BTC, ETH, USDT because they are the most stable coins and will quickly rise when the market recovers.

I think that is always the general idea, but I think people are looking always to buy alts during Bitcoin dips - yes Bitcoin falls, but alts fall harder. So when Bitcoin rises back, alts do seem in general to also rise, and usually along with a Bitcoin gain, in addition to fiat. USDT is supposed to be stable by nature, but even with its supposed US dollar peg, it has fallen in value, so you only invest in Tether if you want to buy back Bitcoin at the dips, without putting in extra fiat. Good strategy, but I hardly sell Bitcoin and I definitely do not trust Tether!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:44:10 AM

is it better to do long trades rather than day trade? or would you suggest doing both at the same time for maximum profits?
There is not a definitive answer we can give, day trading is the most difficult form of trading, while many aspire to be one someday the truth is that is not easy, however the profits are very good if you have the talent but you need years of experience to make consistent profits, making longer trades is easier and depending on your time frame it is very similar to holding but the profits are not as good.
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:09:55 AM

I think it is not stupid to buy altcoins using your bitcoin. Because if you really think that the coin you will gonna invest with is going to be more profitable, so why not. It will still depends upon to the behaviour of your altcoin .
If the value of that altcoin increase so its good choice to buy but if not then it is bad.
So always be wise and be patient if you want to earn more profit.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Tiennou74

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:11:37 AM

Altcoin trading always be risky but you can make good profit other side could be big lose !
so if you jump into Altcoin then be prepared to face bot situation !

Happy Trading
Thanks
Regards

sexycoin69

Activity: 175

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:13:44 AM

i would wait until bitcoin rallies, its only a matter of time you just need to have some patience. Those you have patience make the biggest gains.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: