Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:54:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't mine any close to whattomine says  (Read 201 times)
BilliGG (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:22:51 AM

I've been mining for about 3 months, I have 20 mining rigs, using Minerstat

the profit switching is amazing, with 20rigs, switching to some shitcoin instanly and selling it using bittrex auto sell features.

My issue is that on whattomine and on minerstat it says that I should be mining for about 500$ a day when i'm barely making 300$, this has been going on for a long time. I'm using all the popular pools.. selling fast, heavy mining power. Where should I look to fix this "leak" ?

I heard that PPLNS pool could be a problem, so I switched all my pool to PROP pools, i'm looking into Awesome Miner to test if I get the same issue.

Should I drop the profit switcher and only mine the same coins afor a weeks, PIRL + LBRY has been pretty profitable for a while now.
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:18:23 AM

Should I drop the profit switcher and only mine the same coins afor a weeks, PIRL + LBRY has been pretty profitable for a while now.

You have it figured out.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:41:20 AM

the profit switching is amazing, with 20rigs, switching to some shitcoin instanly and selling it using bittrex auto sell features.

My issue is that on whattomine and on minerstat it says that I should be mining for about 500$ a day when i'm barely making 300$, this has been going on for a long time. I'm using all the popular pools.. selling fast, heavy mining power. Where should I look to fix this "leak" ?

I heard that PPLNS pool could be a problem, so I switched all my pool to PROP pools, i'm looking into Awesome Miner to test if I get the same issue.

Are all of the rigs identical?  Are they all producing the same profit per day per rig?  Is hashrate per rig what it should be?  One by one, start looking at figures for each rig and see if some may not be performing as well as others.  You know the numbers you should be getting, so figure out if you are actually getting those numbers.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:02:46 AM

The problem with blindly mining "shit coins" is having to deal with shit pools.  If you just hop from shit coin to shit coin nonstop you never actually mine long enough on that shit pool to get any rewards.  I've never used minerstat. You should try joining mph or zpool.
oddity2505

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:02:37 AM

The less jumps you make the closer you will be to all the calculated profits. As soon as there is low difficulty on some coin (and hence higher profit) everyone with this autoswitching software jumps on it, then difficulty skyrockets and actual profit is way lower than expected. I find for example that switching algos/coins on yaamp/yiimp based pools based on 24h profit brings me more than this chaotic jumping based on current profit. With the exception of nicehash where you are paid based on your shares and not coin difficulty etc.
BilliGG (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:28:41 AM

I have 18 AMD rigs with 6x 580, all working flawlessly, same hashrate, 180mhs / 500mhs for lbry. or 5000 dcr.

Most of my pools are Suprnova, minerpool.net, should I avoid those? or some of those.
how to spot a shit pool, what to look for?

I'm mostly jumping between ETH, MUSIC, PIRL and sometime EXP.
while always staying with LBC.

those aren't that major jumps, shouldn't affect my mining by 35%, well I don't think so.

oddity2505

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:49:51 AM

Don't jump if there is less than 10-15% difference in profits, you'll waste more on these switches. And stay on the pools with the highest hashrate to minimize the effect of luck. Flypool and Nanopool work fine for me, getting close to WTM prediction for ETH or ETC mining.
the3dwizard

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:28:05 AM

If you mined straight ETH you should be making $300 a day.  With my 4 x 1070 ti &  2 x 1070 rig pointed at one multi-algo pool constantly I average $40 a day.  Twenty rigs that would be $800, hmm now I want to build more rigs.

If I had 20 rigs I would experiment with a couple of them. Use the pools mentioned above and point one at each, zpool, mph, etc. and mine each one for a couple of days without switching and see what you get.  You might even assign one to Awesome Miner to switch on pools to see how it works.  Once you run all these tests then if one is better than what you are getting now then the decision to switch the others is easy.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: