Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:09:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question/Comments for those with many coins who store in wallets  (Read 119 times)
COLT601 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:46:02 AM

So I've got about 30+ coins and currently in the process of moving them off exchanges and storing them in wallets.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS. The Ledger Nano only supports a few which leaves a bunch of desktop clients that take DAYS to sync the block chain... if ever!  What happens if I leave the coins in cold storage, want to sell them, fire up the computer and the wallet takes 24 hours to resync??? One might miss their sell opportunity.

Is there a better way to handle this?

Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:02:31 AM

So I've got about 30+ coins and currently in the process of moving them off exchanges and storing them in wallets.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS. The Ledger Nano only supports a few which leaves a bunch of desktop clients that take DAYS to sync the block chain... if ever!  What happens if I leave the coins in cold storage, want to sell them, fire up the computer and the wallet takes 24 hours to resync??? One might miss their sell opportunity.

I feel you man. I am also having the same freaking problem for the past few months. The only solution i had was to leave my coins on the exchanges i use and put the ones that nano accepts into nano. Honestly, i was too lazy to search for other ways which is why i did what i did. I know it's risky but oh well, at least i havent invested much yet on my coins that are on the exchanges.

Really am looking forward for great suggestions here. I'mma watch this thread.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:09:13 AM

Try multicoin wallets like;

Coinomi : Supports almost every coin and is open source
Jaxx : Supports ETH, LTC, ETC, BTC and quite trusted light weight wallet
Exodus : Inbuilt exchange, easy recovery and supports few more coins than jaxx also works smoothly
Freewallet : haven't used them because there are some bad reviews
COLT601 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:22:32 AM

Try multicoin wallets like;

Coinomi : Supports almost every coin and is open source
Jaxx : Supports ETH, LTC, ETC, BTC and quite trusted light weight wallet
Exodus : Inbuilt exchange, easy recovery and supports few more coins than jaxx also works smoothly
Freewallet : haven't used them because there are some bad reviews

Coinomi looks awesome except its android only... just want I want is a six figure wallet on my cell phone  Undecided
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:12:47 AM

TC, if you want to sell your coins someday(if it is in nearest future) you dont need ledger to stack them. Try Jaxx for example, as mentioned above. And one recommendation - dont use your phone to get access to your wallet(if its not apple ar you are not android-guru)
Cold storage and hardware wallet are needed in case of looong hodling Smiley Or big amount of money Roll Eyes

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:24:24 AM

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS. The Ledger Nano only supports a few which leaves a bunch of desktop clients that take DAYS to sync the block chain... if ever!  What happens if I leave the coins in cold storage, want to sell them, fire up the computer and the wallet takes 24 hours to resync??? One might miss their sell opportunity.

No, you just have to find the right balance between hardware wallets, light clients, paper wallets, full node wallets that you keep synchronized and full node wallets that you don't keep synchronized. You also need to take security into account: you have wallets that you can trust completely, wallets that you don't trust completely and wallets you can't trust at all. It's always a good idea to run untrusted software on separated hardware or on virtual machines (if you have enough resources to do so).

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sozvdhua

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:45:15 PM

Putting altcoin in private wallets in principle makes property safer, but in some cases it can also make your trading system very cumbersome, both good and bad.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: