Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you feel cheated by BFL?
Yes - 18 (90%)
No - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel cheated by BFL?  (Read 874 times)
angelito (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:26:08 PM

Angry

Yesterday I made a post on the BFL forums demanding a refund. There's no way I want to wait over 6 months for my purchase.
BFL after 3-10 minutes deleted my post! I have called Kansas police and I am talking to a detective for "unfair business trade practice"
The detective is curious to see how many of us feel the same as I do about BFL. I am sure there is many.

Please read the web-sight I made regarding BFL and about my experience yesterday. Please respond to the poll and give how you feel about
BFL in general to this message.

http://angelitominer.atwebpages.com/  

Please post that link the chat room at BFL if you can. It be funny if they ban every member?

Can any one give a list of forums to post this to as well? The most popular ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FiNaLize

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:09:03 PM

BFL even neglects PayPal rules. They are a bunch of greedy and arrogant  people

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:11:33 PM

On July ,4,2013 I purchased a mini-rig SC in Bitcoins for a Value of $22,484 USD

you bought it this month?
greenbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:14:09 PM

Everyone feels this way--they are certainly a scam.

THEY WILL NOT REFUND YOU.

You must go to paypal/bank and do a charge back.
EagleTM

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:21:08 PM

It's not a nice situation but it's the risks associated with the Bitcoin ecosystem. These are wild times. I still believe everyone in Bitcoin now will be awarded for his/her time, even if it's spent waint for a BFL unit...
GreenDefender

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:43:29 PM

me is waiting too, since end off april. Like most other BFL customers its hard to see, what ROI not can be created. If i get my miner in late
september, there is only a small time window to get money back. I think difficulty for oktober will be around 80 million ...
GreenDefender

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:51:44 PM

i have a lot of BFL order nummers (collected at ebay sales pictures). If you make today a new order it will be #74000 or greater ...
greenbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:55:21 PM

me is waiting too, since end off april. Like most other BFL customers its hard to see, what ROI not can be created. If i get my miner in late
september, there is only a small time window to get money back. I think difficulty for oktober will be around 80 million ...

You aren't going to get any ROI off that machine ordered in April. I would do a charge back on Paypal/CC/ACH if you can (BFL will refuse a refund).
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:09:12 PM

you certainly did not research BFL and now you rant.

A fool and his money are soon parted
GreenDefender

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:18:55 PM

Quote from: GreenDefender on Today at 04:43:29 PM

You aren't going to get any ROI off that machine ordered in April. I would do a charge back on Paypal/CC/ACH if you can (BFL will refuse a refund).

You are right, i presume. When i get my upgradet Jalapeno i will auction it at ebay. Still auction ends I WILL MINE (and this coffee mug is not part of my auction  Grin
initforthemoney

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:25:11 PM

Wow BFL are scumbags.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:28:04 PM

The detective is curious to see how many of us feel the same as I do about BFL.

thingsthatdidnthappen.txt
GreenDefender

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:34:36 PM

Scumbags - not really. Not even more than Avalon etc. I like to read at mornings BFL blog. BFL Employees Jody and (sometimes Josh) tells what going on with production yesterday or why not - this people do all they can ..
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:39:45 PM

Angry

Yesterday I made a post on the BFL forums demanding a refund. There's no way I want to wait over 6 months for my purchase.
BFL after 3-10 minutes deleted my post! I have called Kansas police and I am talking to a detective for "unfair business trade practice"
The detective is curious to see how many of us feel the same as I do about BFL. I am sure there is many.

Please read the web-sight I made regarding BFL and about my experience yesterday. Please respond to the poll and give how you feel about
BFL in general to this message.

http://angelitominer.atwebpages.com/  

Please post that link the chat room at BFL if you can. It be funny if they ban every member?

Can any one give a list of forums to post this to as well? The most popular ones.

I need some more information before I make  decision  on your situation...When did you place your order.? How did you pay for your order? Did you read the fine print on the order page? Did you research any information in the butterfly forum? Did you contact customer service directly? Do you know when the first order was placed? Do you know what was the original shipping date was for butterfly asics? Do you know there is a NO REFUND policy in place on orders with Butterfly asics..
boatase

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:43:27 PM

I don't feel scammed only because I bought my 30 GH/s miner on march or so and then sold it on ebay for a quick 3.5k profit a couple of months later. If I was forced to keep it and wait then yeah, I would feel scammed.
Wonga

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:48:24 PM

I bought last October, and I don't feel cheated.  Disappointed maybe, but not cheated.  As long as I get the miner sometime in the next three or four months, I should still realize a ROI.  Just not as much as if I had gotten it in November.
farmarjack

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:08:17 PM

This is interesting situation.
I wanted to order from bfl too but seems like when i order today i am not having the mashine in time to get any profit of it.
So i decided better to wait and watch how will this situation evolve.

I am more interested what happend when the difficulty go up to point of no profit and there will be tons of preordered mashines , they would be worth nothing .
If any of the manufacvturers will be ready to refund anyone.

Wonga

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:17:03 PM

I believe BFL has stated that they will refund your purchase only on a case-by-case basis.  And that pre-ordered products are non-refundable.

So, I guess the answer is maybe?  But they used the pre-order funds to develop their build processes, so they don't have the capital to return everyone's money.  Which was stated at the time of my purchase last October, I believe.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:43:43 PM

Thanks so far for expressing you opinion people. Also this is a true story of me talking with the agent in Kansas. BFL could be violating "unfair and deceptive trade practice laws". Again I am the only one calling to say this. Just from the poll alone its starting to prove my point that many of us are disgruntled with our purchase. So if you were denied a refund and want a refund I recommend fighting this with me.

No harm in informing the FTC as well.  There is a chance good BF Labs has been reported to the FTC but as you know the more complaints they get the better it is (unless your BFL!).

It certainly appears as if BF Labs is breaking FTC mail order regulations.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=247310.0

IC3 may also be interested in hearing from you as well.
https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:02:36 AM

No harm in informing the FTC as well.  There is a chance good BF Labs has been reported to the FTC but as you know the more complaints they get the better it is (unless your BFL!).

I imagine the volume of FTC complaints filed against BFL is genuinely enough to have piqued their interest. We know for a fact that the Kansas AG and Postal Officers have a growing file, and Sonny's parole officer is aware of the growing frustrations, allegations of fraud, and are certainly scrutinizing their operation with a microscope that is beginning to zoom in on the subject matter deeper.

The Catch 22 is that should they choose to bring about a Libel and Defamation suit against anyone that has called them to account, is that they will need to, in a court of law, systematically and beyond a reasonable doubt prove slander or defamation by openly discussing their poor performance as a business entity and it all becoming a matter of public record.

Can you imagine the discovery process, where the defendant would be able to effectively open all of Butterfly Labs' books and get a complete window into their operations, effectively gaining all the information they need to disprove and rebut their claims ?

In my opinion, it's just a sad spectacle to take in at this point. The writing is on the wall and all we can really do at this point is sit back and watch the show this Fall.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: