Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Bitcoin be brought into health care and insurance schemes?  (Read 101 times)
imadmirer (OP)

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:13:48 AM

Yes, I certainly feel that the option of bitcoin should be opened up for insurance and healthcare schemes.

1. Healthcare: For healthcare there has to be an option of paying through bitcoin in hospitals etc when needed. It is true the payment can be made via fiat currency conversion. But is is always important to have the Btc option. This channel of payment, when it gets opened to all parts or at least most parts of the world then a direct Btc transfer will be a great relief. Payment can be made from any corner of the globe. This will avoid the unnecessary burden of fiat conversions.

2. Insurance: Insurance schemes should come up with Btc accommodation. Bitcoins can be charged to be the mode of payment for insurance companies. They may even come up.with schemes where payment has to be done in bitcoins in exchange for their services. Since the value is volatile, the companies for.a certain period of time repay the customer the value of bitcoin that overshoots the agreed value of investment as 'cash back' scheme. After the cashback time end, only the insurance will be covered for the customer as usual. This will help a lot of people as an investment in healthcare.

These ideas need to be taken up seriously for active implementation of bitcoin in various important sectors. Strong acceptance followed by proper regulations can help make wonders with bitcoins. It will become most loved commodity and currency of the citizens of the world.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:35:17 AM

You ask a question(asked many times before in the forum) in your thrread title and then you answer your own question in the thread.Looks strange...
Anyway,i don`t mind bitcoin being accepted as a payment method for insurance and hospitals,but we have to solve all the transaction cost,confirmation time and electricity consumption issues around bitcoin.
The health care and insurance sectors are very government regualated in most countries,so i don`t think that it will be easy to accept cryptocurrencies. 

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:49:18 AM

"Schemes" ?  Cheesy

..as they say.. the more the better !

FUD first & ask questions later™
imadmirer (OP)

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:44:53 AM

You ask a question(asked many times before in the forum) in your thrread title and then you answer your own question in the thread.Looks strange...
Anyway,i don`t mind bitcoin being accepted as a payment method for insurance and hospitals,but we have to solve all the transaction cost,confirmation time and electricity consumption issues around bitcoin.
The health care and insurance sectors are very government regualated in most countries,so i don`t think that it will be easy to accept cryptocurrencies. 

It is perhaps true that it has been discussed in the forum before. But if I simply create a thread then the scope of ideas and comments will be far greater but we have seen that many times posts happen for the sake of posting! So this is to direct the flow more specific to a point.

I give an answer for my own question to not simply create a thread for the sake of creating but with a serious concern. That's the point. If it works then its worth the try. Since we will have serious people discussing responsible things.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:00:04 AM

as i understand, crypto currency has already been brought into healthcare, example is the ROBOMED NETWORK Healthcare, they are in partnership with Micromoney (AMM)
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:56:22 AM

I believe Bitcoin will cover those two fields as you mentioned. day by day Bitcoin is becoming a popular platform for making money but Bitcoin is mainly used for the purpose of the payment system.

Hopefully, you can see that Bitcoin has been accepted in many countries and many online platforms so that it would be added in the health and insurance policy very soon. I can guarantee you that within 2018 Bitcoin will flourish at every platform in our real world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: