Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:42:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Entitlement Mentality  (Read 11683 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:03:38 PM

Business culture, company culture, as in, "We don't bake our buns on site, we put our burgers under heat lamps, we don't think it's important to train our employees how to mop the floors, we don't think fresh unfrozen ingredients are important, we do franchises, etc."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:07:18 PM

Business culture, company culture, as in, "We don't bake our buns on site, we put our burgers under heat lamps, we don't think it's important to train our employees how to mop the floors, we don't think fresh unfrozen ingredients are important, we do franchises, etc."

It gets even more hairy when you have the Mr. Burns types at TEPCO saying that they shouldn't spend money on nuclear safety so they can save a buck and increase their corporate profits. I'm seriously worried about the Fukushima situation. It may trump all our concerns about the global economy.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:11:50 PM

And that's nice and all, but entirely irrelevant to the OP.  I'm sure the strikers are demanding to be taught how to mop properly, and are just aching for fresh, unfrozen ingredients.
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:14:15 PM

And that's nice and all, but entirely irrelevant to the OP.  I'm sure the strikers are demanding to be taught how to mop properly, and are just aching for fresh, unfrozen ingredients.

It's entirely relevant to your last post.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:37:36 PM

It's entirely relevant to your last post.

No, really?  The point is that it's part of the same context that you've insisted on pushing that has turned this thread into something other than I had intended.  I'm just trying not to be a total dick, and so I'm entertaining your ideas because you think they're so important that they're worth dismantling someone else's topic thread to talk about them.  Make your own thread if you want to talk about employer business practices so much.  I might even comment in it.  I promise I'll stay on topic. 

Seriously, do you really think any of us are gonna argue against fresh ingredients?  Obviously fresh ingredients are better in terms of both taste and nutritional value.  I don't even think any of us would argue with you that's it's possible to still make a nice profit while serving a good product and satisfying both customers and employees.  I think we all want clean, healthy, low-cost, fast food restaurants where employers, employees, and consumers are all happy.

The problem is, that has nothing to do with the OP.  You keep wanting to talk about employer business practices, and whether it's out of narcissism, reading comprehension problems, autism, or some form of undiagnosed mental retardation, you still haven't figured out that you are not in any way, shape, or form arguing against any point made in the OP other than that you might've said that you believe the strikers are allowed to strike.  Yay.  Me too.  I just think it's dumb.
dethdeks

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:32:49 AM

Rags on FirstAscent for dropping non-sequiturs.
Rags on me for not understanding non-sequiturs.
Can't spell non-sequitur.

"Just As Good As An Coledge!"

made me laugh fucking hard lol

saw this and thought of OP right off the bat

Donations Accepted
LTC: Lcv7XmxnHJ7BhRjXjzCUBJ4Cfrq43SA5qc
BTC: 16mHGGVgntqtTmrddud8BFgN3XAsBobvVe
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:14:13 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 02:30:40 PM by Rassah

You're not claiming that In-n-Out profits > McDonald's profits, are you?

Per store, definitely.

To use an extreme example, Nordstrom makes way higher profits per store than WalMart. As did Sears. That doesn't mean that either company as a whole has higher profits, or that their business model is better than WalMart's (it's worse)

Regarding trying recipes: they're clueless.

Why do you say that? McDonald's has their own university devoted to researching and creating new recipes (among other

Do you have a memory problem?

Do you have a language problem? You said they're clueless. I pointed out that they try hard. Are you claiming that they spend millions a year hiring clueless people to design food that clueless tasters approve of? That's absurd! Most likely they hired experts to design as best foods as possible using as cheap cooking methods as possible, because they themselves picked a level of quality they believe is adequate. A level they have reached after also a lot of testing, which is adequate enough for their food to be desired by billions of people around the world, allowing them to build their stores all over the world, instead of just Chicago where they started (on the other hand, I almost never hear about In-n-Out). In other words, you say their food is like that because they are clueless. I am suggesting their food is like that because they specifically wanted it to be that way. All your polls say is that some people like other burgers over theirs. No shit. I'm sure most people like Checkers/Rally's burgers way more than McDonald's ones, too. I don't see Checkers/Rally's popping up all over the place (or Hardees, or Sonic, or Jack-in-the-Box, or Carl's Jr, or WhiteCastle).

How many McDonalds restaurants are in your city and state compared to In-n-Out restaurants? If there are twice as many, In-n-Out better be employing twice as many people outer store. I suspect it's 10 times as many stores though. At least.

I just googled three cities: the ratios are 3:1 and 3:2 and 3:2.

An average of 9:5 then?

Are those ratios of stores, or ratios of employees per store? Can you conclude that In-n-Out employs as many people as McDonald's?

EDIT: To bring this around to the OP topic, I also think that the strikers may be stupid. McDonald's has a business model that allows them to exist in many places, and in many different economic and cultural environments. Sure, the jobs may suck and not pay more, but they're there. If the strikers change McDonald's business model to something else, like to that of In-n-Out burger, some of them will get improvements in quality of work environment and raise in salaries, but a lot of them will simply lose their jobs. As In-n-Out has demonstrated, it simply can't exist in as many places as McDonald's can. (unless they purposefully don't want to make more money by expanding)
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:19:00 PM

It's a culture thing. McDonald's just can't visualize anything that isn't McDonald's like.

Also completely false. McDonald's has changed many times over the years, and experiments with new restaurants and culture constantly. You heard of Roy Rogers restaurants? Those are McDonald's owned. How about Chipotle, which started the awesome high quality burrito trend that was also copied by BajaFresh? Guess who you have to thank for Chipotles? Yep, McDonald'a.

Ummm, no. I've seen McDonald's way of cooking and menu for over forty years. Not many changes there.

Deluxe Quarter Pounder, Angus Deluxe, Arch Deluxe, Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches, McGriddles,  Snack Wraps, Salad Shakers, Fish Bites, changes to the BigMac even. Most of these in just the last 10 years. Any of those ring a bell? Or do you not consider those changes?
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:09:25 PM

Rags on FirstAscent for dropping non-sequiturs.
Rags on me for not understanding non-sequiturs.
Can't spell non-sequitur.

"Just As Good As An Coledge!"

made me laugh fucking hard lol

saw this and thought of OP right off the bat

Good one.  You have to love memes, the last retort from bandwagoners and the uncreative.

You're really going to blast someone for sharing an opinion on a public forum founded upon the opinion that Bitcoin is a superior currency, and after voicing your opinion through a picture indicating someone else's opinion about what people should do with their opinions?  Wow.  You're complex.
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:35:19 PM

Rassah,

Sounds like you really know your stuff about McDonald's. No doubt with their excellent business model and progressive menu, it shouldn't be an issue for them to change their starting pay to well above minimum wage like In-n-Out. At least we both now know that their menu prices won't undergo a rise in price if ever they had to pay their employees more. Kudos to you for pointing this out and rendering the joint's opinion even more suspect, as he was claiming fast food businesses just wouldn't be able to afford it.
J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:39:03 PM

Rassah,

Sounds like you really know your stuff about McDonald's. No doubt with their excellent business model and progressive menu, it shouldn't be an issue for them to change their starting pay to well above minimum wage like In-n-Out. At least we both now know that their menu prices won't undergo a rise in price if ever they had to pay their employees more. Kudos to you for pointing this out and rendering the joint's opinion even more suspect, as he was claiming fast food businesses just wouldn't be able to afford it.

Why would McDonald's pay their employees more? If In-N-Out pays their employees more, that's their loss. They're free to waste money. I thought we were talking about good business practices, not charity.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:39:28 PM

Rassah,

I'm beginning to believe that ad-hominems were designed especially for you.  You don't even have the faintest idea about how I arrived at my opinion.  Quit being a fucking idiot.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 05:42:27 PM

Rassah,

I worked at McDonald's Corp for a while, and had the chance to see visit their central office and see how they operate from the inside.
And how the hell do you come to that conclusion after numerous questions from myself and others of "Why should McDonald's deny someone a job if they need it more and are willing to charge less for their labor?"

How does In-n-Out determine whom to give a job to? I can't imagine burger flipping has a lot of qualifications.
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:10:29 PM

Rassah,

I worked at McDonald's Corp for a while, and had the chance to see visit their central office and see how they operate from the inside.
And how the hell do you come to that conclusion after numerous questions from myself and others of "Why should McDonald's deny someone a job if they need it more and are willing to charge less for their labor?"

How does In-n-Out determine whom to give a job to? I can't imagine burger flipping has a lot of qualifications.

I've been in McDonald's many times - no doubt hundreds and hundreds of times. Same with In-n-Out. Experiencing both gives one both perspective. I have both perspectives. You don't.
J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:21:46 PM

Rassah,

I've been in McDonald's many times - no doubt hundreds and hundreds of times. Same with In-n-Out. Experiencing both gives one both perspective. I have both perspectives. You don't.

Hundreds?  Grin

Seems like we have a hypocrite over here. Tell me, did you start hating McDonald's burgers the 100th time you went? Or was it the 101st that really pushed you over the edge?

Also, who cares if he's eaten there? His argument wasn't for how "good" McDonald's food is if I remember correctly. Even then that's subjective, and he could think In-N-Out tastes bad just to spite you.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:26:16 PM

Rassah,

I've eaten at both having lived in both Cali and the Midwest.  Unfortunately for you, Rassah and myself have experience with reading comprehension, which gives us perspective that you lack.  We understand what you're saying and so we know your arguments not only suck, but they're in no way relevant to the OP.  You don't understand what we're saying, so you make up your own issue and push it relentlessly so it will appear as though you're not a fucking imbecile.  Maybe if you try harder it'll work!
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:26:53 PM

Rassah,

Hundreds?  Grin

Seems like we have a hypocrite over here. Tell me, did you start hating McDonald's burgers the 100th time you went? Or was it the 101st that really pushed you over the edge?

You think hundreds is a lot in a lifetime? Maybe I also have the perspective of living longer than you.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:30:00 PM

Rassah,

Hundreds?  Grin

You think hundreds is a lot in a lifetime? Maybe I also have the perspective of living longer than you.

You might want to get evaluated for dementia, old timer.
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:31:59 PM

Rassah,

I've eaten at both having lived in both Cali and the Midwest.  Unfortunately for you, Rassah and myself have experience with reading comprehension, which gives us perspective that you lack.  We understand what you're saying and so we know your arguments not only suck, but they're in no way relevant to the OP.  You don't understand what we're saying, so you make up your own issue and push it relentlessly so it will appear as though you're not a fucking imbecile.  Maybe if you try harder it'll work!

How many times are you going to bring up your OP? I don't really give a fuck about your OP, did you know that? I don't really give a fuck if my posts are off topic to your OP, did you know that?

I don't give a rat's ass if my posts are relevant to our OP. Your OP is a whining sob story and brag fest about how wonderful you think you are.

I'm absolutely tired of you and you continuing to complain about posts here aren't relevant to your OP. Most everyone doesn't give a fuck about your OP. Not only did you whine in your first post, now you whine incessantly about how people aren't giving your OP intense focus.
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:34:30 PM

Rassah,

Hundreds?  Grin

You might want to get evaluated for dementia, old timer.

You're the one with the lapse of memory, first stating In-n-Out is tasty earlier in the thread, and then claiming that you like a McDonald's dry and pasty cheeseburger over the In-n-Out cheeseburger.

By the way, how many other people had to suffer through that sob story of a PM you sent me?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: