Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Counter arguments to Bitcoin Cash criticisms of BTC  (Read 103 times)
urbanbonobo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:19:47 AM

Hello

having recently read an article on bitcoin.com about the problems with Bitcoin Core and how BCH addresses these, the obvious question that comes to mind is why the BTC developers rejected the changes to the block size. How do they plan to solve the congestion, delays and high transaction charges on the BTC blockchain? What's wrong with increasing the block size?

I'm sure this has already been written about ad infinitum. I'd appreciate any links people know of to good existing articles on the subject.

Many thanks

Nigel

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:26:10 AM

Hello

having recently read an article on bitcoin.com about the problems with Bitcoin Core and how BCH addresses these, the obvious question that comes to mind is why the BTC developers rejected the changes to the block size. How do they plan to solve the congestion, delays and high transaction charges on the BTC blockchain? What's wrong with increasing the block size?

I'm sure this has already been written about ad infinitum. I'd appreciate any links people know of to good existing articles on the subject.

Many thanks

Nigel

This issue was to be solved by bringing segwit2x, however it never materialized in November, there is another segwit2x out there and I'm not exactly sure it will work. If you see now electrum wallet allows segwit transactions, however I'm not doing them. Also saying btc cash is easy and less expensive, I tried to transact 2$ and it showed me a fees of 300$😂, must be a glitch I don't know. I'm sure, this will get sorted soon.
wail3Bahwu

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:18:40 AM

don’t believe bitcoin.com it is only paid site by ver.

they only prompt for them bitcoincash fork.

keeping same block size make bitcoin more uncentralization.
Dognutz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:41:45 AM

BCore Coin is under attack by government honey pots attempting to prevent Bitcoin from scaling and letting the infrastructure crush itself.

We are about to see a flood of services stop accepting Bitcoin because it is frankly fucking stupid to accept BCore Coin at this point.

Not just services... but people who are accepting donations.  People literally don't want BCore Coin... even if it is given to them for free.

Example: Pale Moon no longer accepts cryptocurrency donations:  https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=17826

The faith and trust behind BCore is going to be absolutely gone even if the fees come back down tomorrow... Why would anyone trust something that has the potential of fucking them so bad on what seems to be a whim?  

Something needs to change in order to restore a little faith to the markets that actually use BCore... not the retards on Coinbase that just blindly buy get rich quick shit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: