Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is responsable of these fees?  (Read 146 times)
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:44:56 AM

I'm a blind bitcoin believer.... I would like to know who is the responsible for these unjustified descomunal fees... I would like to shit at his doorstep.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juzion

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:06:11 AM

fees goes to miners... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:09:02 AM

The transaction fee of Bitcoin goes to the miners who mined a block that contain the transaction. Sometime, the wallet uses a higher than average fee to make sure the transaction goes smooth and fast, if not in a hurry, try to lower the transaction fee beforehand.
azaid18

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:10:41 AM

The responsible for the fees range are the miners . They are the one who got all the fees by the investors.
greatfariola

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:11:37 AM

I think fees are higher because of all the unconfirmed transactions still pending. If you want to take the shortcut, you pay a higher fee which goes straight to the miners as a "tip" for helping you out.
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:13:34 AM

Well i'm not using bitcoin till they don´t fix their shit.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:16:51 AM

The responsible for the fees range are the miners . They are the one who got all the fees by the investors.
Actually, miners doesn't control the fees, it's just how the system works. Miners will prioritize the highest fee first no matter what. In this kind of situation, I think we only have the lightning network to rely on.
7Pro

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:18:07 AM

I'm a blind bitcoin believer.... I would like to know who is the responsible for these unjustified descomunal fees... I would like to shit at his doorstep.

I dont know exactly who is responsible but the fee is applicable because of miners. They mine the transaction.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:19:39 AM

Ok, so if i understood correctly, miners get fees and block reward? Shouldn't the block reward of 12.5 BTC per block be enough?
shacc

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:20:29 AM

as knowing fees of transaction processed by a miner and confirmed by the Bitcoin network. but to pay a higher transaction fee or wait a very long time for confirmation
Big transaction fees are a problem for bitcoin
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:26:40 AM

of course miners are responsible for the fees, but it's really too expensive...I don't think that everyone can afford it
Prem.Soorajpaul

Activity: 199

0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:28:16 AM

My full support with you on this issue. We want more and more people should use bitcoin so that we could be free from US $ monopoly which is only acceptable currency globally. But there is lots of transaction fee which one of the main hurdle to bring more and more people towards bitcoin. Miner and Wallet provider should think about to reduce their commission.

John Langut

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:35:33 AM

Fees are also high in dollar because the price of Bitcoin in dollar has increased from $900 early this year to $14000 now, while transaction fees are a fraction of Bitcoin. It's plain logic that if that fraction stays the same while the price of Bitcoin in dollar increases by 15, the  transaction fee in dollar also increases by 15.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:45:35 AM

The ones responsible are the miners. Without them contributing to the blockchain, transactions will be impossible. Do not shit on their doorstep because they are relevant people.
tutorroma

Activity: 255

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:51:14 AM

Yes, the cost is too high. It's really painful. Especially small pen trading. Now the market has not been subdivided, I hope that the future small pen trading has a special channel, I hope this problem will be able to solve the solution next year. I still have a lot of trust in bitcoin, and I don't think about using other coin

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:55:42 AM

As of now, there are no "descomunal fees". The mempool is down to the 100 Sat/b backlogs, so anyone paying over 140 sat/B or 200 sat/B is either overpayin g fees or he/she just wants the transactions confirmed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the average joe doesn't know how to set fees and he goes along with whatever fees Coinbase or any other exchanges says.

Good news is the mempool should be back to normal in the next few days. So, be patient, you'll be be able to send your 5 sat/B transactions very soon.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
andulolika (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:00:54 PM

As of now, there are no "descomunal fees". The mempool is down to the 100 Sat/b backlogs, so anyone paying over 140 sat/B or 200 sat/B is either overpayin g fees or he/she just wants the transactions confirmed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the average joe doesn't know how to set fees and he goes along with whatever fees Coinbase or any other exchanges says.

Good news is the mempool should be back to normal in the next few days. So, be patient, you'll be be able to send your 5 sat/B transactions very soon.

https://blockchain.info/sv/charts/transaction-fees
https://blockchain.info/sv/charts/cost-per-transaction

... I seen blocks with 6 bitcoin fee reward, why all this sudden greed mining? Bitcoin price is higher than ever yet fees are growing also higher than ever. Transactions kicked out of the mempool and telling us that all our chances are in some lightning network bullshit, how did it work before? I feel that all that is happening is that a lot of people is trying to make people go away from bitcoin, some have done that already and even while chances are that bitcoin will prevale they are misscarrying it from it's initial purpose and ideal.

farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:30:17 PM

But in reality,the situation seems to be not like that.Today,i tried to send 0.01 btc from my electrum wallet with a fee of 0.0001 btc,then with 0.0002 btc but still could not send as it showed error and low fee.So,at last,i was successful by setting a fee of 0.0003 btc.If i'm not wrong,i checked in blockchain and it showed me as 226 bytes.So,no other option other than this.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
keithieY5

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:04:17 PM

Christmas holidays, rising Bitcoincash, move bitcoin between exchange sites and high demand make many unconfirmed transaction in other words  high fee also miners want to earn from bitcoin.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:07:49 PM

I would like to know who is the responsible for these unjustified descomunal fees...
people who outbid each other to get a faster confirmation than the previous guy.
that is how the fee market works. there is a fixed block size which only a limited number of people can get in so they pay higher and higher fees for that spot.

I would like to shit at his doorstep.
your rectum will bleed before you get even close to 1/1000 of the doorsteps.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: