Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:54:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin owner die. It means bitcoin also lost forever?  (Read 1956 times)
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:24:46 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?

If no one knows his/her account and password, the bitcoins will stay remain forever in his/her wallet. That's why you need to make a notepad or a file about your wallet and the password, so when something bad happen to you, your family will know your bitcoins and they can open the wallet and take it.
Renal

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:45:22 AM

If you die today, clear your bitcoin anywhere.
Walking dead too, unless someone knows and can enter your wallet
That's a different story, if you want to die. mending bitcoinnya in cairin only.
Continue sedekahin same people who need, so it can benefit.
kuberayt

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:01:41 AM

The bitcoins get lost until quantum computers are developed and people are able to hack into the wallets to retrieve them. If the internet goes down, so do the bitcoins. but so does everything else. So we have to choose
cjinny

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:02:46 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?
If the bitcoin holder dies and does not archive the account and keywords to inherit it to his family, bitcoin is lost from the family's hand, but the missing bitcoin still exists in the blockchain network. So in my opinion bitcoin is not lost, but inaccessible.
pikecara

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:03:47 AM

If you have the private keys if anyone who died ... you own them bitcoin... hehe is really simple ... if you have bitcoins your own and no one has your private keys you should be worried.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:04:27 AM

The bitcoin in his account would not be recovered without his personal informations and private key. Then that bitcoin would just stay that way unless somebody knows the owner personally.
cue

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:15:11 AM

If the bitcoin owner will die, then the bitcoin will remain to wherever he/she put the bitcoin, unless the bitcoin owner shared the usernames and passwords of the sites where it was stored to his/her family members or friends, so they can still have it.  So maybe we should share our usernames and passwords to our trusted family member or friends.  Wink

poliy1219

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:17:39 AM

Yes. That will disappear forever, but the possibility is small and small. Unless it was a world war, everyone returned to BCE. At that time, there was no need for the Internet. Without the Internet, there will be no bitcoin. Grin
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:25:22 AM

BTC is not Affordable, for it's fees. I think before some one die, BTC will died
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:32:12 AM

Yes for sure if nobody knows the private key. It will be loss forever.
Make sure you tell the private to somebody else like your family or wife. This is for saving your bitcoin.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:34:53 AM

I think this will happen if they use cold wallets. But if they use the wallet platform like coinbase, xapo, ... then I think bitcoin is still circulated in the market if the owner die.

Noesly

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:58:41 AM

No, it is impossible if bitcoin owner die bitcoin lost forever no, I think like if you said the owner what if owner is have a daughter or son's or what ever of owner trusted, I think just like a owner of bitcoin it continue the legacy of bitcoin it continue what we want of owner.

│  D E C E N T  │      Blockchain Content Distribution Platform.                                                 ( ( (   Join Our TELEGRAM   ) ) )                                                              
            D C o r e              _ Blockchain you can actually build on.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:07:44 AM

Yes. But a fork might change that. As a current example, the Segwit2x fork that has been announced for 28 December proposes to redistribute Satoshi Nakamoto’s coins.
I heard about the segwit2x fork,since there are many forks going on with bitcoin , i am not bothered much as i am yet to cash in my other fork coins ,but i did not understand is how they are going to redistribute the coins held by the developer,how can they do that fair and share and if they can take the coins from that wallet how secure is other wallets,they could literally take those coins from any wallet. Roll Eyes
If someone is holding bitcoin and he dies,the coins he is holding is lost unless someone gets his private key.
Is that a legit fork or another fake fork again just to make FOMO for people and increase the price of bitcoin like the last time they did it? And oh its 28th of december today time to read some news about the fork.  Grin
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:11:53 PM

Yes. But a fork might change that. As a current example, the Segwit2x fork that has been announced for 28 December proposes to redistribute Satoshi Nakamoto’s coins.
I heard about the segwit2x fork,since there are many forks going on with bitcoin , i am not bothered much as i am yet to cash in my other fork coins ,but i did not understand is how they are going to redistribute the coins held by the developer,how can they do that fair and share and if they can take the coins from that wallet how secure is other wallets,they could literally take those coins from any wallet. Roll Eyes
If someone is holding bitcoin and he dies,the coins he is holding is lost unless someone gets his private key.
I don’t think so bitcoin will be die if bitcoin owner die it’s a fact that bitcoin is decentralized but it’s not like this that he is running this currency along there must be a lot of people who are working for this network to promote and owner will also have someone who can look after bitcoin after him I’m sure that bitcoin have a head office and owner of bitcoin is also monitoring bitcoin on daily base so I don’t think so that bitcoin will end.
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:19:36 PM

Well , if no one will find your pv key and stuff , I think yea , they are lost forever among with the other bitcoins. As far as I know there are over 1mil of lost bitcoin. Is this accurate ? Is there a  way to recover such bitcoins ?

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

tarvizlisar

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:47:41 PM

If Bitcoin owner dies. It means Bitcoin also lost forever?
Yes, unless if the password is given to a relative.

Make a copy all of your access , share with your closet one and tell him if i die you can access on my bitcoin account

poor-yorik

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:30:55 PM

I don’t think so bitcoin will be die if bitcoin owner die it’s a fact that bitcoin is decentralized but it’s not like this that he is running this currency along there must be a lot of people who are working for this network to promote and owner will also have someone who can look after bitcoin after him I’m sure that bitcoin have a head office and owner of bitcoin is also monitoring bitcoin on daily base so I don’t think so that bitcoin will end.

Lol, the question is not about the whole Bitcoin going away if some Bitcoin holder or even Satoshi himself passes away.  It is only the bitcoins of the deceased that go into oblivion unless they have taken measures that these bitcoins not be gone for good.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:24:25 PM

Bitcoin will not disappear if the owner dies. And a little difficult is if the person left behind can not know the password of the Bitcoin wallet. Therefore, the selection of our wallet for Bitcoin should be really the best (support if the previous user died). And I do not know if there is a wallet like I mentioned?
In the world of crypto currencies, all those who have bought the bitcoins are given with the private keys. This key is just like a key for opening of some lock where a lot of wealth is being placed. You do need to have someone in your life whom you can trust blindly. You then need to share that private key with that person so that if something unusual happens, then he can claim those bitcoins.
Chosenpai

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:29:37 PM

The amount stored on that wallet won't be lost. But the access to it will be lost forever, it will just stay in the wallet forever and no one can access that unless you have the key.
Lun4t1c

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:33:06 PM

I think yes, but unless someone knows your passwords or privatekeys for your wallets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: