Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin owner die. It means bitcoin also lost forever?  (Read 1956 times)
jesiccacone

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:41:28 PM

If a bitcoiner dies with a bitcoin in his wallet and no one knows the password, then it's like a treasure that does not know where it is and will never be found.
obviously it will reduce the supply of bitcoin because the bitcoin is locked in an unknown container and will not be found.
so we must therefore prepare the file and teach our families to this if we experience things that are not in want.
kc999991

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:55:57 PM

Yes that is why there were a lot of talks suggesting people to give access of their private keys to their familys. Also stating everything in your will is another important thing to keep in mind as it then becomes legal bind.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:01:29 PM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?
its sad to say but it's true that if the owner of the bitcoin owner will die,but i think the other users was make a solution about this because if they don't get an solution in this kind of problem,probably the bitcoin will become less and less because of this cases.
lexodig

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:05:39 PM

I think it would be no matter if they die 1 million bitcoin will not transfer then the market will be 20 million bitcoin. In hard fork sessions, other coins will be created and the bitcoin will change.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:15:55 PM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?
The bitcoin will not be recovered. With that said, the capacity of bitcoins will decrease or maybe they can create a program that will null the value of bitcoin when holded in a certain span of time. Just imagining though  Roll Eyes
TrunksIsHere

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:16:59 PM

Well , we all are bitcoin owners so it's hard to asume that bitcoin will die of the owner dies. I you are thinking about Satoshi well it's beyond me to answer this. I'm still a newbie.
aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:19:33 PM

I think if the owner of bitcoin is dead, bitcoin does not disappear as long as it still keeps the password and username known by relatives or family.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:21:28 PM

If no one knows your private keys and you accidentally died then those coins will remain lost forever. It will be burnt and will make the supply cut down and less in the circulation. And with your given example, yes that will be the situation if ever someone will forget his private key or log in details to an exchange / web wallets that has his bitcoins.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Kezio

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:33:05 PM

At this current moment, all of the wallet content will not be recovered if the owner did not pass on the wallet information to someone else in case something happens to them. As someone else said on this thread, a way that might not be a good option in a lot of peoples' minds but a solution nonetheless would be to have an internal timer set which would return the wallet content to the pool if no modifications have been made for a certain time span. Yet I do realize this might hinder people that have the intention of holding.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:54:50 PM

If the user does not have access to the dead owners wallet/private keys, then yes! By yes, I mean that the coins won't be lost but can never be accessed. It will still exist in the supply but can never be used. There are supply cap of bitcoin, and it will remain constant. The coins which can not be accessed will not be replaced by new bitcoins.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:21:00 PM

As we are all aware, a Bitcoin wallet is encrypted by a private key or password and they are needed in order to decrypt and access that specific wallet. So if there is a wallet that contains 1M of BTC and the only person who knows how to access that wallet died then we can consider that the coins inside that wallet lost forever. There is no other way to transfer that amount to the circulating supply but to decrypt that wallet. Someone could crack it using powerful computer/s but as long as it is locked, the coins are lost forever.

Theoretically, when a number of Bitcoin become lost, the total supply remains the same. So from your instance, when 1M BTC became lost, 21M BTC will still exist. However, only 20M will be in circulation forever, unless the remaining coins were recovered.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:40:41 PM

If no one knows his/her account and password, the bitcoins will stay remain forever in his/her wallet. That's why you need to make a notepad or a file about your wallet and the password, so when something bad happen to you, your family will know your bitcoins and they can open the wallet and take it.
Writing an important thing in the text is a really bad idea unless you secure it tightly. That is why people should think Bitcoin like a real asset, so they will make a testament letter before they died.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:07:20 AM

if bitcoin owner dies, then the bitcoin is lost forever except the owner has his wallet details saved somewhere. so to be safe, get the details saved for your beneficiary
Gerci

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:23:20 AM

Is Possible To Open Bitcoin Account, Someone Who Has Died.

If in Conventional Bank Account. Examples Like in Bank BCA, Bank BRI, Bank BTN, etc.

If Any of Our Closest Relatives Die and We Are One of the Family Who Gets Inheritance. It's not a hard thing to open it. As long as the Inheritance's Guarantee has been Validated by the Bank Party.

Then the Bank will open the Account. And Giving a Live Account Substitution
New Password to the heirs.
However, the Question from Mas Murch is How to Open a Bitcoin Digital Money Account owned by a Siblings Who Have Died the World. How to…?

Very complicated
We know, Bitcoin is Digital Currency and Stored also in Digital Purse. To open and access this Wallet requires a Username and Password.

Another New Problem is the Digital Wallet has 2 Kinds of Type. That is :

1]. Handbags handled by a company employed by Human Employees

2]. Robotic Wallet with High Encrypted Security.
If the Account Owner Registered himself in a Wallet Company done by Humans. Maybe Still Can be Saving. We Come or Post an Email to the Wallet Company concerned that the Owner who dies this world is his family. By Including Valid Important Information. Such as ID cards, Family Cards, Drivers License, Heirs, Valid Information About Death, etc. Printed in Screenshot Digital.

But unfortunately, Digital Wallet Company is also making System using Robot. Because The Wallet Company Runs Automatically Controlled by Online Robot with High Encryption Security and Anonymous.
If Bitcoin Account Owner Saves Digital Money In The Wallet At Point 2. Then It's Difficult To Be Open It. Even if you submit the Truth Document on Death and Heirs. The Digital Wallet Company will reject it. Because the Company Owners also can not do much because the System is set to have been taken over by Anonymous Robots.
The Only Way is Someone Before It Dies. Has Notified First. Password and Username to the Family Heirs he trusted.

If guns Kayak so. So When Someone Dies. Bitcoin Money Will Continue to Be Stored and Buried in the Digital Wallet Forever.

Bitcoin Money Buried In The Maya World. It could be a time the value zooms and decreases automatically. In Involvement by Trading Competition Trading between Currency Crycptocurrency. But surely, guns have 1 person who can take it if the username and password is not in the know.
so in conclusion if the owner bitcoin dead automatic bitcoin will come to death, without explanation above.
Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:27:13 AM

Yes. But a fork might change that. As a current example, the Segwit2x fork that has been announced for 28 December proposes to redistribute Satoshi Nakamoto’s coins.
definitely fork might change that problem. but i dont think bitcoin will die also because its already circulationg all over the world all bitcoin is distributed very well in some people who buy bitcoin.
The Monkey King

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:57:13 PM

i think yes it still be in his or her account but no one will get the money he invested unless he put it in a place or wrote it somewhere that can easily seen by his or her family and I believe he surely shared to his or her family how to handle bitcoin or use it.
prodigys

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:13:39 PM

it will be lost forever
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:35:20 PM

i think yes it still be in his or her account but no one will get the money he invested unless he put it in a place or wrote it somewhere that can easily seen by his or her family and I believe he surely shared to his or her family how to handle bitcoin or use it.

There's the dilemma there. You won't know when you'll die unless you have a terminal disease and you also wouldn't know if the person you trust your private keys with will stay true to your trust. Especially if you have a lot of btcs.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:45:46 PM

I suppose yes - every year will have more "dead" wallets and I don't know what will be in 50 years for example =)

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
rasyiqul1505

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:18:12 PM

if the owner of bitcoin dies then the number of bitcoin in the world will decrease.
I think bitcoin password must be in the know by our family like wife because if we died bitcoin we can be owned by our family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: