Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin owner die. It means bitcoin also lost forever?  (Read 1956 times)
Mersterious

Activity: 225
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:11:52 AM
Merited by dale1075 (1)

i think Yes all people are are dying but it doesnt mean that if the owner of the bitcoin die the bitcoin lost too that a bad mistake because if the owner dies possible there is a new owner the original owner inherit it to his or her relatives so that bitcoin keeps continue in the future and people around the world are no worries
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:12:06 AM

In the cryptographic world, it is not possible to transfer the wealth of the encrypted currency to the heirs or other beneficiaries as needed, which is the weakest point in the world.

So be sure to let our family know the password of our cryptocurrency.
JanuaryStars

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:18:24 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?

I believe this question was asked before, if you just search the forum.
Anyway, if it is stored in a hardware wallet, it can be hacked using hacking software and crack the password. That is assuming the hard storage is found.
On another note, if it is stored in an online wallet, the service provider could clean it all up due to reasons of inactivity or deactivate his account.
Or else, this bitcoin will not move because nobody has the opportunity to do so.
jamelyn

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:24:27 AM

Nope it can still be recovered by someone who knows his credentials. We can also hire a hacker retrieve the btc. Nothing is impossible with technology.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:29:19 AM

Obviously, if the bitcoin owner dies and no one knows the owner's passcodes and some bitcoin information, then that bitcoin will just remain in the owner's account until such time one can access it and moves the bitcoin or sells it. This is one reason why we need to keep our passcodes where only our trusted individual knows unless we don't want our bitcoin to be taken by someone when we die.

Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:39:28 AM

The truth is if a bitcoiner die without giving someone close to him like wife or children his private key it means his bitcoin will also die with him. Any unclaimed cash in the bank after many years will be utilized by the bank for investment.
Theo222

Activity: 449

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:43:28 AM

The truth is yes, just like if you forgot your private key or password  you will never open your wallet again. My friend has lot of coins and his computer die and he didnt save his private key. That will be the biggest problem in bitcoin and other crypto wallets.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:15:15 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?
If the bitcoin owner dies and nobody knows about the password and his account, then bitcoin will not disappear, because no one can access that account ..
But even though no one can access the account, bitcoin supply will not decrease because bitcoin is still there but not moving ...
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:19:55 AM

Nope, the bitcoin will remain to the exchange. Since there are no rules or law that govern about it. If it is a fiat the bank given a span of time will report it to the government and the government will be the owner of the fiat. In my country and if I am not mistaken it is about ten years. But bitcoin is not under the control of central bank nor the government, thus the bitcoin's new owner will the wallet company. If you own the wallet company, I hope you will not wish to happen something like that.
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:32:21 AM

Exactly. If the owner dies and no one has access to the seed phrases and private keys to its wallet, and can access the owner's bitcoins, they will be frozen there forever, essentially decreasing the total supply, cuz that is fixed at 21 million at any given point of time, and so those bitcoins will no longer be accessible.
Exploits may be found in the future, but those totally rely on security leaks, and as soon as they will be patched up, there will be no way for others to access any bitcoins owned by the deceased.
Dilladupak

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:36:24 AM

For me it is very easy in this forum, if bitcoin owner is dead, I will give my personal key to my family or my child to continue working in this forum, because for me very beneficial for my family,
and if you provide your family's private key, it's perfectly safe to proceed.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:46:36 AM

OP's understanding is correct. If someone dies and he holds a lot of bitcoins for example 1,000 BTC then it will be lost forever. And the current supply in the economy will remain but no one can gain access to that 1,000 BTC he owns unless he will put that on his last will testament and it contains his private keys.
if bitcoin owner is dead, I will give my personal key to my family or my child
How can you give if you are already dead?
to continue working in this forum
Even you are not in forum, a person that has bitcoin can still hold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
tats14

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:52:51 AM

Well it is depend upon the situation, many people using bitcoin now, if the owner die well his subordinate will handle it for sure, bitcoin can't easily die.

alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:01:13 AM

In that instances if the owner of bitcoin will die,and no one knows the password of his wallet,automatically that all his remaining asset will become forever gone, and that my thought about the rule of cryptocurrency,because its digital currency system and a transparent currency,so for me if i have that kind of portfolio,its make better to teach one member of my family,about the process of cryptocurrency,so that they can manage your asset if ever theres something happen to you instantly.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
donalfonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:19:51 AM

The simple solution is anyone with substantial bitcoin investments or holdings now, has to consider including it in his will in case of death and also include his private keys. legally his private keys should be safe as long as he is still alive

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
chenczane

Activity: 430

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:47:57 AM

Supply will not change until it last. Those 1 million bitcoin will stay in the wallet if the person who hold or store it. Unless, the password or private key was given to someone special to this person, bitcoin in his wallet can possibly move and circulating. As long as no one knows it, it will stay forever in the wallet.
chuongvannguyen02

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:50:35 AM

If the Bitcoin owner disappears then it will go as you think. It will be use if someone holds their private key or someone with personal information can access it and get Bitcoin. If that does not happen, the Bitcoins they own will disappear when they die.

xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:54:39 AM

I think yes, if the bitcoin holders of sudden death, his family did not know the bitcoin wallet keys, so his bitcoin will remain its wallet, no one can open, it will not circulation, it is a waste for bitcoin
mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 11:59:36 AM

The answer would be too obvious.
That is why cryptocurrency holders must see to it that their loved ones must be able to benefit what they will be able to left in case of scenarios like this.
Because whether we like it or not time will come that we will leave this world that is why we should now make necessary preparatios as early as possible.

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
lampukoe lumo

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:04:43 PM

This question is very good but that is not entirely true because if the bitcoin owner is dead it may still be used if the owner has left it to his children or has been inherited to his brother, but if the owner of the bitcoin does not inherit it to his children or his brother may be the new bitcoin he has to die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: