Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:55:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin owner die. It means bitcoin also lost forever?  (Read 1956 times)
queenhallmark

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:43:22 AM

Unlike retirement funds or even savings accounts, no one needs to know that you own them, or how much you have in them or indeed how to access them without you. Bitcoin provides a safeguarded space for the store of wealth that can be kept secret from everyone.It is one of the attractive features of Bitcoin for some, but it also means that it is all too easy to take a fortune of digital currency to the grave
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:13:55 AM

I think that it is not really lost, but inaccessible. Since the bitcoin's owner died, and no one knows his/her password, then it cannot be accessed by anyone. I also think that it is impossible to force attack the account because it is encrypted in a more complicated way.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:23:21 AM

It will stay that way, for sure, most especially if the deceased one haven't shared his/her crypto wallet's information (private keys and others). But who would really share their private key to their family? Maybe it's not a good idea to share it with the family but at least, it won't be wasted and the family can be benefited from it if the owner dies.

Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:25:43 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?

I think it is not deducted from the total supply. It is still there although remained untouched. The total supply of Bitcoin is not affected. The 21 million Bitcoins will remain 21 million forever. Some of these have lost circulation though. Some of these are also forgotten forever. In fact, a significant portion of the total supply of Bitcoin is already lost in history for sure. Bitcoin has been used already for several years and certainly countless of private keys and passwords of personal wallets have been forgotten.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
argiyan.tri

Activity: 271
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:28:12 AM

I think so too, because I think 1 million bitcoin will still exist but does not move at all. can be said that the bitcoin is dead. #CMIIW
Bloodseekers

Activity: 748
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:33:28 AM

The Max supplay bitcoin is 21Million, cant descrease or increase, if bitcoin holderss die, doesnt effect with bitcoin. but bitcoin in their wallet is gone, that why you must anticipated this, tell your family or your trusted friend about your wallet so if you already die, they can open it and continue your work

I think so too, because I think 1 million bitcoin will still exist but does not move at all. can be said that the bitcoin is dead. #CMIIW

Yes i agree, like impossible treasure, Yes i agree, no one can have it
Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:39:37 AM

bitcoin will disappear during its time if the owner of bitcoin off and not tell the pin, email, and 2fa nya.Maka from that there are times when we tell some data to go into bitcoin account which we have to the nearest family as its anticipation
sidebyside

Activity: 245

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:41:39 AM

I agree, if the owner bitcoin dead password their wallet nobody can open. Bitcoin will take forever. The best way is to pass your wallet password to your children or relatives. This is a way to avoid the worst risks.

gates

Activity: 167

Revolutionising KYC Services

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:48:47 AM

People will include their wallet passwords in testaments soon. Crypto develops so fast that it seems quite reasonable.

long8899

Activity: 202
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:50:36 AM

maybe it is time to create something to stop it from happening.

mmmn639

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:59:13 AM

Therefore, we believe that Bitcoin is more valuable than gold, and gold is still larger than Bitcoin in terms of humanity. Gold is more often used as a medium for decorations or transactions, and its value is useless.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:01:48 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?

As far as I know, this is a fact because there isn't a solution present today that can make this problem solved. Most probably an update of some sort may come. Or exchanges might make policies about unclaimed and unupdated bitcoins to be absorbed by the exchange.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:06:13 AM

Most likely, these bitcoins will be lost to the market. But many people do not care where they store information about passwords - on their personal computer or in a paper notebook, and heirs of property can fully master this information and gain access to bitcoins.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:44:08 AM

Bitcoin is concerned with the holders now it is continuously ongoing currency so if the bitcoin owner is die i think it will not affect the bitcoin now it is good to trade bitcoin the digital currency in the present time from this we can become rich and with this the bitcoin is very popular with the interested investors and the wise traders now it is very profitable to join the crypto.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:29:50 AM

For my own idea about bitcoin business, it is not actually operated by a single person, and I think not also a single country, it is likely a form of a large corporation which is own and operated by a generous people. The name Satoshi Nakamoto is the common name used by bitcoin business,  and no one knows who really is the certain Satoshi Nakamoto, maybe Satoshi Nakamoto is a group name which is the founder of bitcoin. But I'm not sure about my opinion, it is only beyond my imaginations, and hopefully my idea helps to those people have a wide imagination and understanding about bitcoin business. So, no need to worry about bitcoin owner will die because there's a lot of member also replace their position.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
bbn123

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:43:33 AM

People died, but Bitcoin still exists. As long as the wallet's private key is still there, someone knows its existence, and you can use it to open your wallet and transfer Bitcoin away.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:53:48 AM

well, if the owner of the wallet that contains the bitcoin dies, then the bitcoins are lost forever except hackers bump into it and collect them.
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:02:57 AM

I agree, if the owner bitcoin dead password their wallet nobody can open. Bitcoin will take forever. The best way is to pass your wallet password to your children or relatives. This is a way to avoid the worst risks.
If you still have monogamy and no family, then if you die, who do you pass your face? If the person who owns your password does not know how to use it, it's over.

damrianto

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:52:16 PM

your thinking is too far away ... if even the bitcoin owner is dead, this is not done yet, everything you have on the wallet is stored safely. to anticipate everything you do not want, you can introduce your private key code to a trusted member of the family. or your heirs.
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:45:23 AM

I think we have a lot of bitcoins, that are lost forever, but i think it won't be a problem. It's positive for bitcoin price
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: