Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin owner die. It means bitcoin also lost forever?  (Read 1956 times)
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:36:31 AM

Unlike retirement funds or perhaps savings accounts, nobody has to recognize that you simply own them, or what proportion you have got in them or so a way to access them while not you. Bitcoin provides a safeguarded house for the shop of wealth which will be unbroken secret from everybody.It is one in every of the engaging options of Bitcoin for a few, however it additionally implies that it's only too simple to require a fortune of digital currency to the grave
bettyjcrouch

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:06:44 AM

The actual number of bitcoins will constantly decrease. People will throw purses with small remnants, people will forget passwords from purses, Computers and purses on which coins will be stored will be broken. By today's calculations, the number of lost bitcoins is more than 3,000,000
jhenz20

Activity: 321
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:20:10 AM

For me, i think the 21million supply of bitcoin is still the same, but if the owner of the 1 million die and no one knows about his/ her wallet will that 1million that he/she had will never affect the supply of the bitcoin, but that bitcoin will never moved on his/her wallet forever and no one can get that.
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:40:15 AM

Bitcoin is a universal currency. There's a limit of 21 million. I wonder what happens when I reach the border.
They can not finish Bitcoin. It loses value, the population falls. They can not do any harm except him.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 07:45:02 AM

If nobody know about this wallet and also don't know password bitcoin would be lost forever. In future when people will find the way to hack blockchain everything would be returned.

Liona88

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:12:42 AM

Yes all people are are dying but it doesnt mean that if the owner of the bitcoin die the bitcoin lost too that a bad mistake because if the owner dies possible there is a new owner the original owner inherit it to his or her relatives so that bitcoin keeps continue in the future and people around the world are no worries
sort_cirkit

Activity: 368
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

it is very unfortunately if happened.sebenarnya there is a solution to prevent it happens the solution is the same as the inheritance.If you have a bitcoin in large quantities then you think it must be inherited in your child.soon and tell your account and password bitcoin on your child so that your child can continue your bitcoin business and will not just disappear.
Bitcoin will be the owner of the child's inheritance. The person who knows which password is kept in a wallet. None other than that person knows, it is not possible to know. Find the wallet and password of the person in the legacy or dreams. Under such circumstance, bitcoin will remain in bad shape.
ttking

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:42:58 AM

Hm, never thought about it but I don't think so. There are certain ways not to let it die. I am not expert but I think it is possible to give an access to your family protecting coins and allowing them to use it in case of emergency or if the owner dies.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:52:27 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?

Yes it is very possible. But as of now there is almost 3 million bitcoin lost because of missing private keys. if you add up satoshi nakamoto bitcoin it will be roughly 4 million and there will be only 17 million circulation supply forever. the lost bitcoin will be never ever be recovered. no one can hack bitcoin.

CapGelatik

Activity: 1064
Merit: 100

Combo Network

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:56:55 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?

unfortunately yes. if no peoples know about your wallet information, no one can move the balance. even bitcoin developer cannot to anything about it.
if they can recover the bitcoin, it is against the security of bitcoin itself.
It's true, I also just thought about it and it will definitely be a lost treasure.
but with the longer the price will increase as more and more demand. Grin

troglobait

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:59:06 AM

If you do not have access to keys from friends and relatives, yes it means the asset is lost. In this, plus and minus the decentralized systems
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:05:02 AM

From my experience, I'd say that the vast majority of the Bitcoin users don't share their passwords or private keys with anyone. In many cases, none of the relatives are even aware that this individual is holding crypto-currency. Obviously in such cases the coins will be lost if the owner suddenly passes away.
Marvelio

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

It could be that the deceased person is planning to inherit the coin, here the coin problem is lost forever and there is no guarantor to bring back in any way again to replace the coin.
this is where the actual role of government is needed to menengahkan it, the government can give way out or guarantee coins that do not have owners when it happens, if the government participates.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:28:59 AM

Bitcoins lost forever only when we loose private key for wallet
There is no need to dying wallet owner ))))

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:53:43 AM

If you can find private key and password, then it isn't lost. However, if you lose it, then it's lost. For ever. I'm underage and I'm not worried about death, but I have it hidden somewhere they can't find it out but they will surely do it in an emergency.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:55:45 AM

Every un recovered bitcoin is deducted to the volume in circulation,meaning all that lost bitcoin will be never found ,if time comes though forute is impossible that all bitcoins in market suddenly lost of forgotten password then bitcoin is dead..unless creator satoshi nakamoto will fix this for whatever form it might
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

I made a similar thread about a year ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2053833.msg20477639#msg20477639

Seems like a lot of people think about considering some kind of coin recovery. However, I don't see how this could be possible without identifying yourself. And I can imagine many people prefer remaining anonymous, which of course, includes a lot of risk (loss of wallet, death or serious illness etc.).

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
keziakusayang

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:09:54 AM

of course, so from now on we all give the key of bitcoin storage wallet to the nearest person or family so that if we are gone, that person can manage our assets.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:11:37 AM

I think if the owner of the bitcoin dies without anyone knows how to get their password in wallet, the bitcoin will stay their because no one will know about it or access on it. Sadly but this bitcoin will be kept until the system change it. The password is too strong to be worth hacking with.

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:12:07 AM

If nobody know about this wallet and also don't know password bitcoin would be lost forever. In future when people will find the way to hack blockchain everything would be returned.

Definitely, if that wallet no one knows the share of bitcoin that users have will be stock and it will not be used in the circulation. Thus, we must give to the trusted person that we've been know since we can't even know if we will be still alive in the next days. Also, we can't even control the possible happenings that we may encountered so much better to secured in right place on our confidential informations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: