Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:09:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin owner die. It means bitcoin also lost forever?  (Read 1956 times)
Muktar

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:14:42 AM

if the owner of a bitcoin before death does not tell the private key of his wallet to another person then after the owner dies no one can open it and forever the bitcoin is locked and reduce the amount of bitcoin in circulation Roll Eyes
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 02:19:47 AM

before it dies, sell its bitcoin, or inherit it to a child or grandchild, or wife, or brother, or sister. don't keep it alone, because we don't know the situation suddenly.
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:40:13 AM

It is very unfortunate that one million bitcoins of the dead still exist, but no one can use it.

Unless the owner of the coin has passed the private key to someone, there is no way to pass the wallet to another person.
elmirdo

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:46:57 AM

No, if you have shared the details of your wallet with a relative, he can use the bitcoins. It is actually better than banks where you will have to do a number of formalities to get the money.
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:56:24 AM

If the owner will die I don't think that bitcoin will lost forever, for sure he has his assistant or a team that is controlling everything or would take care when he was gone, so no need to worry about it.

Watch out for this SPACE!
bondali

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:58:51 AM

It will stay in the digital wallet and if the key/account information is not designated or given to someone, then it will forever stay there in the wallet. As we know it, bitcoin is just like gold, and no one would ever give their key/account to someone else while they are still alive.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 03:06:17 AM

The bitcoin will remain on the bitcoin wallet of the person who died. That is the power of being a decentralized technology. Decentralized means, there is no one owns Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. That is the good thing about Bitcoin, and I really love it, because you don't need any personal information to get bitcoin wallet.

Arata

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:11:48 AM

If bitcoin left by the owner and no one person who knows the private key, obviously will remain in the wallet until bitcoin crashes. Bitcoin "buried: the value is enlarged and decreased automatically caused by competition of trading exchange between crycptocurrency. If not used and kept in the digital wallet, can be eroded because of the administrative costs for payment of website, hosting, security, network, etcI Usually costs 1% monthly which is imposed by Party Company Wallet but there is also a wallet that no monthly administation fee.
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:17:20 AM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?

I think that is true. If nobody know the private key or password of the wallet.dat, the bitcoin will lost forever. If it is not the case, Bitcoin will not be Bitcoin and has no necessarity to exist.
issac1209

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:31:13 AM

i think the bitcoin will stay to the trade. your heirs may discover his wallet only to realize that they will never gain access to the wealth inside.
jchav010101

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:53:37 AM

It is very genuine issue raised by you sir.  Definitely in case a person dies and nobody in his family knows about his vallet address and  password they will not be able to get the ownership of the bitcoin.
Previously in the past also there have been many hurdles problems  in  certain issues which were raised time to time and resolution afterwards were invented by some intelligent people.  Likewise the issue has been raised by you; for which today we may not be having solution but in the future definitely people  will be working on it to resolve the issue and I am hopeful of getting resolution with no longer waits.  In the meantime we should let our dependents know about the treasure we are having and passwords to at least our husband/wife so they in case of death they may withdraw the money.
It make sense.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:36:09 AM

It depends to the owner of bitcoin if he taught one of his family member about managing his bitcoin and if he taught for example his wife then his wife can just open the bitcoin wallet of the owner and she can just transfer it into a new bitcoin wallet and because of that, then the bitcoin will not become lost because it is still accessible.
Dondisimo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:03:33 PM

I think these bitcoins are really lost to the community... Either the developers know what to do in case when bitcoin is not active for a long time, but I doubt it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Titanos

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:06:31 PM

If Bitcoin owner dies, it's like the private keys are lost forever. You can save them with a trust worthy person to give it to your family in case you are dead.
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 08:58:27 PM

if S Nakamoto doesn't use his coin, they are still existing and are counted as total bitcoin circulating because he can choose to sell them at any time. he is just  a good holder. Maybe his broke great grandchildren will start spending it but not him.Cheesy

kasianov77

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:16:42 PM

I was looking for an answer to that question. And as I understand it really is. This is the meaning of decentralization. That only you have access and you become responsible for your savings.
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:24:27 PM

I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?

I think bitcoin will be locked forever since he did not made any arrangements of what will happen if something bad happens to him. Bitcoin is secured tightly so there is no there is no way that someone can use it without knowing the private keys. To prevent this to happen, I think it is fair to find someone that you can trust all your hardwork with and that person won't betray you I hoped.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:51:14 PM

For me bitcoin is in his account it will not be recovered without his personal information and private key. Then the bitcoin will be like that unless someone knows the owner personally. So tell his close relative before the man dies. Cool
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:55:48 PM

I think no other person can access it anymore because the person did not share his account to anyone. Bitcoin has private keys and if these are lost, the money is locked down. So if you can, tell your family (or someone you trusts) about this industry and also try to encourage them to be bitcoiner as well. If you a partner in this business, things might be easier and safer.
harsak06

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:06:36 PM

If the bitcoin holder will die his/her bitcoin will remain idle unless there is a person know his/her personal key. 
it is better that there is someone knows your key. either wife or children
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: