Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 06:12:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Altcoins to Etherium or Bitcoin for trading  (Read 457 times)
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:09:41 PM

Hi - I'm new to cryptocurrency trading and need advice whether to trade on ETH/ALT(Crypto) or BTC/ALT(Crypto) currency pairs.

I understand the whole market is tied to Satoshi/BTC ratio and not fiat currency (expt Tether) and this is where I was making BIG mistakes when trading i.e sometimes keeping the BTC or ETH was far more valuable than converting to an Alt coin in the first place.

ETH seems more stable, my concern being that when I sell the crypto into either BTC or ETH then the value of the BTC/ETH changes and if I dont quickly buy something else then any profit diminishes. What do most people use ?

What is the ideal "store" for profit in these markets since you cannot convert to fiat currency without the hurdles of transfer costs ?

I think depend the situation, meaning is what do you need, bitcoin or eth? Most people will give suggestion bitcoin because have high rate but if you decides not for saving ( trade again ), eth is the solution. But you have know when eth have low price ( if decides to trade again ) because the price can/ will up and we can get more profit. For your question, I believe bitcoin is the best option.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
kamudd

Activity: 466
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:23:29 PM

Hi - I'm new to cryptocurrency trading and need advice whether to trade on ETH/ALT(Crypto) or BTC/ALT(Crypto) currency pairs.

I understand the whole market is tied to Satoshi/BTC ratio and not fiat currency (expt Tether) and this is where I was making BIG mistakes when trading i.e sometimes keeping the BTC or ETH was far more valuable than converting to an Alt coin in the first place.

ETH seems more stable, my concern being that when I sell the crypto into either BTC or ETH then the value of the BTC/ETH changes and if I dont quickly buy something else then any profit diminishes. What do most people use ?

What is the ideal "store" for profit in these markets since you cannot convert to fiat currency without the hurdles of transfer costs ?

I think people are more confident in bitcoin than with ETH even though the price is more stable because bitcoin can be said to play the parent of Altcoins. and keep hold of the bitcoin you have I do not think it will make you lose profit.

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:49:26 PM

If you are a newbie to crypto trading then it is better to start with the bitcoin for trading,you can do either bitcoin to altcoin or bitcoin to fiat but make sure you learned the basics of trading before doing anything.Eth price is very stable when compared to other coins so it is better for long term holding than trading.Everything has transaction fee so you need to choose a wallet with customized fee structure to reduce the fee while sending coins.
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:01:53 PM

yes you are right that eth is more stable, but it still can not change people's thinking that bitcoin is parent. and to convert into currency, I do not think you can avoid the transfer fee.

bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:44:30 PM

BTC altcoin pair is your best bet! For msny years trader have been trading btc altcoin against btc! Btc volume is certain on many exchanges unlike Ether that may not enjoy the same volume btc enjoy. Unless you are trading on DEX, BTC pair is the best!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

All off them is good, soo do not confuse to trading ETH/alt or BTC/alt
I think Eth and Bitcoin is great Crypto
SuperPower

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:59:20 PM

Agreed with you.both currency is good.but best Technic is trading with USD.it is safe and no problem for dumping bitcoin and eth.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:15:24 PM

Agreed with you.both currency is good.but best Technic is trading with USD.it is safe and no problem for dumping bitcoin and eth.
USD or USDT? I think it is USDT yes it's a good way to trade especially when the BTC and ETH price is high. But you can not buy all altcoins with this coin only a few reputed coins can buy. But BTC/ALT you can buy all coins it's allowed at all exchanging sites.
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 03:20:59 PM

If you trade ETH or BTC / ALT (crypto) then I suggest following the trend in the market,
For example lately I tend to trade in ETH / ALT because ETH is more stable and the average of Altcoin paired BTC is down trend
sergeymoroz

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:23:07 PM

I think now better will be to hold BTC. And wait when ETH will cost 0.02-0.03 btc and buy it after that. Its my strategy
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:27:52 PM

USD or USDT? I think it is USDT yes it's a good way to trade especially when the BTC and ETH price is high. But you can not buy all altcoins with this coin only a few reputed coins can buy. But BTC/ALT you can buy all coins it's allowed at all exchanging sites.

That was in my mind too i think it is USDT. Both side are good way to trade, these altcoins and bitcoin are they fluctuated both even though ethereum not much increase but atleast it will pump. This is the time you buy altcoin or just do trading. For me i'd rather hold my coins than to sell my altcoins just wait for a little moment until the altcoin you've choose will pump up.Because some exchange site now are very high fees you need to wait to become lower.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:59:53 AM

In my point of view, more important is skill of trading a person possesses. Trading is not very easy again specially it comes to Bitcoin trading, one must be show a lot of care as Bitcoin is very expensive asset of the present time. If there will be any sort of negligence it can cause the holder a big loss. Also, one can get the biggest profit from none other crypto currency than Bitcoin.

sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:07:56 AM

There are lot's of trading site you can go on and check to see which coins has a good value and history of continuous appreciation. Ethereum especially bitcoin are good investment to take you can also try other alts such as IOTA and ripple. Crypto currencies are really good this moment and they are believe to grow even much higher in the coming years

KomrelliManikanta

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:25:45 AM

Trade with btc pairs. There are more coins with this pairs. So more chance for trading. ETH is good too. They too have more pairs on some good exchanges like Binance and etherdelta.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:31:41 AM

I think now better will be to hold BTC. And wait when ETH will cost 0.02-0.03 btc and buy it after that. Its my strategy

why btc only? etherium is also good to hold and invest due to the fact that it is more stable and still increasing overtime, sooner or later eth can possibly reach on what bitcoin has achieved because eth is indeed a good coin with lots of potential to succeed in the near future. you dont have to wait for eth to go down on that specific amount because eth is verry cheap and afordable for all the time , even if you buy it in one whole you can still be able to afford it unlike to bitcoin that is pretty expensive right now.
chocobo21

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:53:02 AM

I dont think ETH will go this low, but good luck to you on your trade. It my opinion bitcoin will keep going down and lose dominance while ETH will go up a lot
germa66

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:19:10 PM

Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs, if for example they sell them to eth then they should be ready to accept price movements up or down

doyayipaku

Activity: 340
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:55:14 PM

eth will choose better bitcoin now because bitcoin is relatively high transaction fees and the bitcoin value is gradually stabilizing. Eth is quite low transaction fees and coin is promising for the future.
santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:08:28 AM

Bitcoin and etherium is known as a good coins due to its potential of increasing its value as the time pass by. The etherium performance in the market is very good due to its stable price and increasing of value overtime. About the bitcoin, the value is not stable and it seems that the dropping of value is not yet finished but that doesn't mean that bitcoin is not worth trusting for because in my perceptions, it is just the new challenge that bitcoin is facing right now just like a hardfork which has been solved. Be optimistic.

BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:17:55 AM

why btc only? etherium is also good to hold and invest due to the fact that it is more stable and still increasing overtime, sooner or later eth can possibly reach on what bitcoin has achieved because eth is indeed a good coin with lots of potential to succeed in the near future. you dont have to wait for eth to go down on that specific amount because eth is verry cheap and afordable for all the time , even if you buy it in one whole you can still be able to afford it unlike to bitcoin that is pretty expensive right now.
Ethereum is more stable than Bitcoin, no doubt and it is a very good point but for a trader or investor who wants to make good amount of profits in a short period of time Ethereum is not an option. Bitcoin serves the purpose in a much better way.

However I support diversification more than investing in only one asset. This increases the number of sources and decreases the chances of loss.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: