Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Altcoins to Etherium or Bitcoin for trading  (Read 457 times)
DJ_Rick

Activity: 241
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:24:09 PM

Pairs with X/ETH are usually recovering fast from almost all the pairs.
EOS/ETH is one of the most profitable pairs so far, i am making a lot of money out of it because of the fast recovery that it has
Crypto11021

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 01:40:33 PM

This is exactly my problem, thanks for this post
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:17:59 PM

Hi - I'm new to cryptocurrency trading and need advice whether to trade on ETH/ALT(Crypto) or BTC/ALT(Crypto) currency pairs.

I understand the whole market is tied to Satoshi/BTC ratio and not fiat currency (expt Tether) and this is where I was making BIG mistakes when trading i.e sometimes keeping the BTC or ETH was far more valuable than converting to an Alt coin in the first place.

ETH seems more stable, my concern being that when I sell the crypto into either BTC or ETH then the value of the BTC/ETH changes and if I dont quickly buy something else then any profit diminishes. What do most people use ?

What is the ideal "store" for profit in these markets since you cannot convert to fiat currency without the hurdles of transfer costs ?

Well if you want to make good profit ans sure without big amount of risk?

So go with what you are doing,convert your eth and btc to altcoin but i will remind you that once you choose a wrong investment then youre a dead man here.better be careful and find the best one for assurance
ulages

Activity: 74
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 12:17:51 PM

You need remember mostly altcoins are at the end companys like stocks, so if are prosper you will, if you are a good trader and have skills you will definitely prosper.

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
collins3

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:58:08 PM

Hi - I'm new to cryptocurrency trading and need advice whether to trade on ETH/ALT(Crypto) or BTC/ALT(Crypto) currency pairs.

I understand the whole market is tied to Satoshi/BTC ratio and not fiat currency (expt Tether) and this is where I was making BIG mistakes when trading i.e sometimes keeping the BTC or ETH was far more valuable than converting to an Alt coin in the first place.

ETH seems more stable, my concern being that when I sell the crypto into either BTC or ETH then the value of the BTC/ETH changes and if I dont quickly buy something else then any profit diminishes. What do most people use ?

What is the ideal "store" for profit in these markets since you cannot convert to fiat currency without the hurdles of transfer costs ?

I think that at this point you should move on bitcoin and increase your bitcoin, you can see that the market has been fluctuating continuously over the past few days and bitcoin prices are constantly falling. This is an opportunity for us to get bitcoin at a low price and to increase our bitcoin, I believe the market can recover very quickly.
developer101dev

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:37:51 PM

I highly prefer that you should stop trading today and focus on investing if you have a decent amount of capital, investing on bitcoins will bring you a huge amount of wealth because the market prices today are dumping and bitcoins has the best potential above all cryptocurrency in the market.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:01:55 PM

You can use the 3rd option of alt to usdt( not available for most coins yet). But to choose between ETH and BTC i prefer BTC as my ultimate goal is to increase the btc value of my portfolio and i think kost of the people trade altcoins for this only.
ETH though being stable still it loses its satoshi value from time to time so you have to decide according to your preference.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:36:11 PM

You can use the 3rd option of alt to usdt( not available for most coins yet). But to choose between ETH and BTC i prefer BTC as my ultimate goal is to increase the btc value of my portfolio and i think kost of the people trade altcoins for this only.
ETH though being stable still it loses its satoshi value from time to time so you have to decide according to your preference.

For making profit anything is right you can make any decision like if you had a profit then you can do so anyways is always right then a profitable is the right thing to do but don't make any mistakes before selling because if you had any mistakes then it may able to give some Loses for us.

DonnieMitchel

Activity: 194
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:19:13 PM

the output is somewhat the same .. yet i would say Ethereum .. lower risk in  my opinion
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:46:09 PM

I will suggest you you to choose BTC/ETH pair.It will help at the critical situation.If you want to get money at the dip,you can use the ETH and hold the bitcoin for future.The price variation in Ethereum,litecoin is negligible one compared to bitcoin.
htconem7

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:40:03 PM

I believe that at this time you should sell altcoin and transfer to bitcoin to reduce the risk, you can see that bitcoin girls in the past days are constantly fluctuating and very difficult, so to Being able to trade successfully at this point is very difficult. The market is bearish in the long run so you have to always have a specific trading plan and follow them to be able to profit safely.
sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:29:39 AM

I use trading pair BTC/Altcoin only for short trading because when BTC soar all altcoin can be drop, and for swing trading i prefer to chooce trading pair crypto vs fiat or USDT. I also locked some profit in to fiat to avoid loss when all crypto drop cause bad news.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:45:03 PM

It's not a mandatory issue that you have to sell your Altcoin and convert into Ethereum or Bitcoin. But it could be safer than holding any cryptocurrency because no one ever knows the actual fact and what will happen towards that currency. that's why Holding Bitcoin could be the safest way for the future purpose. I have a strong believe that Bitcoin will have a bright future and it will dominate in the future monetary world. On the other hand, Ethereum could be also a safe investment because most of the ICO and coming based on the Etherum so Bitcoin and Ethereum would be fruitful for the future purpose.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:06:01 PM

I highly prefer that you should stop trading today and focus on investing if you have a decent amount of capital, investing on bitcoins will bring you a huge amount of wealth because the market prices today are dumping and bitcoins has the best potential above all cryptocurrency in the market.

I highly recommend to hold your bitcoin and choose Ethereum to trade and sell besides ethereum has a good status in the market today. However ethereum is also a lot better to sell or even to hold it, It was all depend upon your preferences on what you're going to do with your coin but I highly recommended to hold bitcoin than other.
@baracitamon

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:09:58 PM

If you sell altcoins to buy ETh or BTC, then I think it is better to buy BTC, because BTC will be a coin that can help you earn more than other coins, once the BTC increases to 1%, the value increases many times more than other coins.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:50:05 AM

If you trade every day then I suggest to replace with Bitcoin and then you trade in Bittrex, Binance and Kucoin.

If you trade for long term choose Ethereum, because Ethereum coins are much in interest by every ICO Investor.
And Ethereum is often used as a GAS in transactions on its network.
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:31:49 AM

I think that at this point you should only trade bitcoin, you can see that the price of altcoin in the past few days is constantly decreasing, so I believe that at this point you should only invest in bitcoin . Bitcoin prices are showing signs of uptrend very clearly and may return to the $ 10000 level in the medium term, now bitcoin price is at $ 8100 and you can buy at this time.
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:10:39 AM

I think that at this point you can sell the BTC, you can see that the bitcoin price is constantly decreasing and if the firm stands at $ 7200- $ 7500 will be able to return to the $ 8800 level if the 7200 mark $ will not fall to $ 6800 level. Therefore, I believe you should leave the altcoin to BTC because the price of bitcoin can increase is very high.
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:46:51 AM

I think selling altcoin only for trading ethereum or bitcoin does not seem like a good move to save and own assets in altcoin form because altcoin that has a very good project and can be useful for people can make altcoin prices very expensive and altcoin price movements are very fast because the price is still very cheap.
manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:17:33 AM

I prefer to trade altcoin with BTC pair because BTC has stronger fundamental and by increase the amount of BTC in the long term we can make alot of money. Also many exchange offer more pair BTC/altcoin than ethereum. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: