Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:08:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoincash now is 3rd in CMC do you guys BCH can overtake bitcoin in future?  (Read 822 times)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:55:54 PM

It looks like BitPay is enabling Bitcoincash. Here is their latest update dated 26th Jan 2018:

https://blog.bitpay.com/bitpay-plugin-updates/

At BitPay, we want to make it as simple as possible for merchants to accept bitcoin payments. Our plugins with popular e-commerce payment solutions let online stores accept bitcoin without headaches or bitcoin price volatility risk.

These updates will open up new BitPay features coming soon to BitPay merchants, including Bitcoin Cash support.

If they can get a wide number of merchants to accept BCH, then that is bullish for the coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:52:02 AM

It looks like BitPay is enabling Bitcoincash. Here is their latest update dated 26th Jan 2018:

https://blog.bitpay.com/bitpay-plugin-updates/

At BitPay, we want to make it as simple as possible for merchants to accept bitcoin payments. Our plugins with popular e-commerce payment solutions let online stores accept bitcoin without headaches or bitcoin price volatility risk.

These updates will open up new BitPay features coming soon to BitPay merchants, including Bitcoin Cash support.

If they can get a wide number of merchants to accept BCH, then that is bullish for the coin.

Bitpay is the owner, I believe, of the Copay wallet.  Which I presume very soon means I will get another piece of the BCH "airdrop" from the August 1 split.  I already have some I transferred some BCH (from an online wallet) to Copay, and am waiting on being able to use it.  It's THERE at Copay, but no way right now to get it out.

[PLEASE correct me if I am wrong about Bitpay owning Copay]

Yes, if Bitpay does start accepting it, more merchants almost certainly will "accept" BCH, via Bitpay.

I also was informed by DigitalBitbox that they too will soon support BCH, which means (for me) more BCH.

Looking kinda good.......   Smiley
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:08:59 AM

The bitcoincash is a pure manipulated cryptocurrency and despite of its place in the coinmarketcap, i don't think that it stands a chance to replace bitcoin because bitcoin cash is just an altcoin and the lightning network for bitcoin is coming so there is no reason for the bitcoin cash to be the replacement for bitcoin because bitcoin core developers are now solving the problems which makes bitcoin cash useless.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:16:40 AM

It's very possible since lightning network implementation on the bitcoin network is quite slow. Faster transaction confirmations is king nowadays as people are very strict with their time, as it should be. Once bitcoin can guarantee faster transactions, it will soar.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:30:39 AM

No matter the level of growth of bitcoincash in the coin market it can not over take bitcoin not in any time soon, bitcoin is the king of crypto and all other cryptocurrencies depend on bitcoin success to survive bitcoin is the foundation of their success. Just pay close attention when bitcoin price rise you will see the price of other coins rising and when the price of bitcoin drop you also see all other cryptocurrencies drooping in price.
jayhal

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:50:07 PM

Ladies and gentlemen,  I suggest you zoom out and take a look at the big picture.  BTC has the first mover advantage yes but has seriously been messing up with the way they're going about things.   This isn't to say that BCH isn't doing the very same thing, but simply in a different way.   We're soon going to see many more millions of people join us in our little decentralized universe.   This WILL have an effect that none of us can foresee at this moment.   Whether it will be BTC, BCH or something else that both consumers, merchants and all other players deem easiest, safest, fastest to use / etc, is anyone's guess.   The door is completely open for any project to deliver something of value to the world right now to help it claim it's stake as top dog.   Sometimes we have to step out of our box to take a look at everything that's going on.   I reckon it's smart to do this every few months here with the speed things are currently moving.  Try it, it might help some of us breathe a little easier / better, too.  My 2 cents.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
Hagmonar (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:44:10 AM

It's very possible since lightning network implementation on the bitcoin network is quite slow. Faster transaction confirmations is king nowadays as people are very strict with their time, as it should be. Once bitcoin can guarantee faster transactions, it will soar.

As we can see now bitcoin was deeply crushing from 19k to 8k USD now. In the other side BCH was still remain in his price. I am not a fan of BCH and i dont have any BCH holding in my wallet too but i think bitcoincash is also a good investment like bitcoin. Its just in my openion.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:09:20 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 06:36:43 AM by Qunenin

As i see bitcoincash was very fast and reach to the 3rd place in coinmarketcap in just only a few months do you guys think that bitcoincash can overtake bitcoin in the future? How long do you think?

But i believe it can surpass bitcoin.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:47:18 PM

But i believe it can surpass bitcoin.

tell us why you think this.

i cannot one find single compelling reason why that would be possible. the current trough is a much needed breather for exchanges and other services to get their stuff together and start using bitcoin's blockchain sensibly. batching and more segwit will clean up a huge amount of the overload we had last year.

i'm not super convinced that lightning networks will solve much, but bitcoin is getting more developments all the time. bcash is not doing much other than sitting there attempting to con people into using it.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:57:53 PM

Everything can happen including the opportunity to replace bitcoin, the thing that makes me like bitcoin cash is the speed and the cost is cheaper than bitcoin, this is certainly a mainstay of bitcoin cash to replace bitcoin someday.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:40:58 AM

Everything can happen including the opportunity to replace bitcoin, the thing that makes me like bitcoin cash is the speed and the cost is cheaper than bitcoin, this is certainly a mainstay of bitcoin cash to replace bitcoin someday.
The speed and cost of bitcoin is just fine currently (I assume you mean a bitcoin transaction fee when you say 'cost'). And the transaction fee gets high when there are a lot of people transacting Bitcoin. In the same conditions (that is, if BCH were as popular as BTC) BCH transaction fee would go to the moon too. Which, of course, will never happen, because BCH is just a minor coin, one of the many attempted copy-cats and copy-pastes of Bitcoin.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:48:55 AM

BCH is probably the best play for shorting.

sent from my X6
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 07:19:19 AM

As i see bitcoincash was very fast and reach to the 3rd place in coinmarketcap in just only a few months do you guys think that bitcoincash can overtake bitcoin in the future? How long do you think?

It can be happen . actually anything can happen . may be it take some few years . BCH transaction fees is low than btc yet. Bitcoin is a safe place right now. $8000 . BCH can overtake bitcoin . but bitcoin may will go far . actually nothing is predictable.

wei cao

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:18:45 AM

Bitcoin cash is a product of centralization. Transcending bitcoin is a false proposition. I don't think it will surpass bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin is recognized by the world. Bitcoin cash is only recognized by a small number of people. Smiley
commlinx

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

it is very unlikely  (almost impossible) that an altcoin, especially Bcash, will overtake Bitcoin as the number one cryptocurrency. And the market cap doesn't mean anything, it's just th my opinion, it is very unlikely  (almost impossible) that an altcoin, especially Bcash, will overtake Bitcoin as the number one cryptocurrency. And the market cap doesn't mean anything, it's just the price of the crypto times the circulating supply. For example, If Bcash price goes down to 1k or less, then Ripple will take 3rd place, does that mean Ripple will be the #1 crypto in the future? No, why? because it's an altcoin. No he crypto times the circulating supply.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:25:09 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin cash is the most successful fork of bitcoin where many big developers who support such fork like bitcoin.com so I do not worry bitcoin cash will fall. But, I do not think that bitcoin cash will overtake bitcoin positions in CMC, it takes a huge volume of transactions to increase investor confidence as well as improve ranking positions in CMC
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:41:41 PM

bcash is in an interesting position right now. if they really want to go places they need to start bringing things to the table beyond just being low fee. let's see some real development and a real reason why anyone should be using it.

and since it forked before the mad rush they can no longer roll out the 'you have both so it doesn't matter which wins' narrative any more. there'll be millions of bitcoin users who don't have any bcash and they'll need an extremely compelling reason to consider buying any. i don't see anything yet.
timbereagle

Activity: 881
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:54:47 PM

I see BCH as a very risk investment. There are times it pumps like crazy however it will not be real BTC and value will  not pass BTC.
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:24:05 PM

BTC is still the daddy. Sure they could try again but this will just accelerate BTCs timeline for upscaling. This failed coup has only strengthened BTCs position and proved its resilience.
gtx1060aa

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:34:23 PM

I do not find this possible untill bch did find its place like bitcoin everywhere as on exchnages and other places. We see that every coin is tradeable to bitcoin on exchnages but no pair is available on any exchange so i think it is not going to go above bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: