Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin is the new Bitcoin  (Read 1428 times)
tenu

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 01:10:39 PM

I don't think it's a new bitcoin. The Dogecoin project as far as I know started as a joke. At the end of last year, the Chinese bought this coin as a cool gift. But in its usefulness, it will never replace bitcoin and coins from the top ten.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:35:34 PM

until now I personally have not seen from other crypto that can rival bitcoin. there are some crypto that have interesting features and one of them is Dogecoin but in terms of popularity of bitcoin is very clear is crypto that has a higher popularity than others. this can be seen from the number of bitcoin users that almost exist around the world.

Cant laugh and cant cry at this point. I mean look at the f-ked up bitcoin values and all other crypto currencies out there. However in this emotional stress also I can say that doge coin is just good for the pumps and dumps which is also illegal by the way and it cant progress more than that. Neither developers behind it are serious about the development of same nor people using it very seriously. I usually use it to make collateral security as it is cheap and I can buy as much as I want with less payments. Yes, surely there are lot more crypto currencies which has potential to grow and hit the near miss pf bitcoin. But they cant be bitcoin at all.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:45:02 PM

I do not think that any other alt coin will even touch $5000 except ethereum in next 5 years.

You fail to get the main point here, which is the fact that the price is NOT a factor of success by default. If you create a coin with a low enough total supply, have a few deep pockets artificially create even more scarcity, that coin will fly over $10,000 without any problems. Does it mean this coin has surpassed the other coins? No. It just means that it got pooped on badly, and people are stupid enough to buy it. It's all about utility, market share, the ecosystem, the network powering everything, etc. Altcoins won't ever come close to Bitcoin in these aspects.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:15:44 AM

Dogecoin was created by programmer Billy Markus from Portland, Oregon, who hoped to create a fun cryptocurrency that could reach a broader demographic than bitcoin
it is originally like that, but over time if you want to achieve success like btc, dogecoin must have a good circulation, so that the price can rise and finally be aligned with btc
Raziel444

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:23:27 AM

Nothing can replace bitcoin at this point of time when even its price is decreasing this past weeks. Bitcoin's popularity is still very much strong. Even with the potential of dogecoin to grow, it cannot yet surpass bitcoin in terms of users alone s much so with other strength of bitcoin.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:39:59 AM

Guys I think that Dogecoin really is the new Bitcoin.
Think about it.
- meme proof
- high supply
- low fees
- capable devs
- stability, no political power struggle
- huge fanbase, reallife usecase
- community
- big wow, very profit, much coin -> solid branding

So Dogecoin will become the biggest crypto within a year or so.
Otherwise Loomdart will refund.

I think dogecoin is a very cheap coin and it seems like I heard that dogecoin has been left by its developers and for now the dogecoin only in the movements by the community I do not know for sure but it seems indeed the reality is like that.
gudrun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:13:40 AM

Think about it.
- meme proof
- high supply
- low fees
- capable devs
- community

I'm afraid it is very difficult to have a coin that can replace bitcoin. You can see that bitcoin is considered as digital gold and has tremendous value, in addition to great applications. It's fast liquidity and absolute security, so it's hard to have a coin that can replace bitcoins at the present time and in the future.
blogardianz

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:18:03 AM

Yeah, nice Joke man.  Grin
Actually, Dogecoin has good benefits. I always use it to arbitrage between exchanges.

gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:19:48 AM

Think about it.
- meme proof
- high supply
- low fees
- capable devs
- community

I'm sure of that, even the people who are mining the doge are also gaining in popularity. but to be the best after bitcoin, I think the doge has to go through etherum first.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:55:27 AM

- high supply
- low fees
- capable devs
- community
we cannot say that Dogecoin is the new bitcoin from the factors you mentioned as they are the basic factors which are included in most of the alts now.
- high supply will make the value of the coin low.
-low fees are is a good feature but it's not only about dogecoin most of the other coins now have the same.
-Bitcoin, for now, is a fully developed coin and it is also created by some great dev team.
-Bitcoin is a decentralized coin with no potential issue or another outer issue to it.
-Bitcoin has the most number of users in the whole crypto industry.
-Bitcoin also has a huge and strong community.
-Bitcoin is a very profitable coin for sure.

I don't think any other crypto can replace bitcoin for now.
lenini

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:33:19 AM

DOGE is not perceived as a competitor for the largest coins like bitcoin or etherium. The absence of a limit on the issue of new coins leads to the fact that the price of dogecoin is in stagnation. There are traders who use doge in the process of exchange to withdraw funds from crypto-exchange exchanges, such operations in bitcoin are much more expensive and may take more time.
But despite this, he will never become a new bitcoin.
PrudnikovLS

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:23:46 PM

These two cryptocurrencies cannot be compared at all. DogeCoin will never catch up and even more so will not overtake bitcoin. Bitcoin has a very large support from major investors, as well as it is constantly being improved and improved. All this can not be said about Dogecoin!
JohnJarvis99

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:25:31 PM

Dogecoin = Funny coin.
CryptoKyddie

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:38:02 PM

Personally I have a soft spot for good old Doge. Created as a joke, fun to look at and huge support even now. Doge is a serious coin, sure its not developing much but its a genuine crypto and one that is pretty reliable. I hope it stays around forever. Will it even reach the heights of BTC prices - no way, but this is crypto and anything can happen here. Don't blame me if Doge goes to $20k USd and you don't have some stashed.
mung_nasib

Activity: 602

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:01:20 PM

Actually dogecoin is an asset that has a high price tag that is likely to be aligned with bitcoin but the time it takes dogecoin to reach the highest point is relatively long along with the enthusiast of the user every time who will continue to try to invest.

skysblu

Activity: 219
Merit: 205

_Bitcoin Africa_

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:05:35 PM

Lol, I love how people are still holding dogecoin even though it has no cap and it pretty much worth next to nothing without any real utility. I guess it's still worth holding it for the annual pump Cheesy
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:52:37 PM

In terms of technology, the dog currency is far less than bitcoin and itaifang. There is no support for the dog currency, that is, there is no price support. The source code of dog coin is directly copied and modified by bitcoin. As long as there is an update of bitcoin, it follows closely behind it and keeps updating almost synchronously!

If it is a long-term holding, it is recommended to hold only bitcoin!

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:07:09 PM

Think about it.
- meme proof
- high supply
- low fees
- capable devs
- community

I don't agree with this became new bitcoin? It will never happen and besides dogecoin is not just popular like bitcoin as you can see bitcoin is still number one, and as you can compare both of them many peopla adopt bitcoin and just a few people know that dogecoin was exist.
Vazan25

Activity: 728
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:12:12 AM

For me personally, the most favorite coin, the ease of transactions, high volatility, ease of extraction.
And I do not think this will replace bitcoin, but it will always be in demand.
The weakest link is unlimited extraction,in all other respects only advantages,so let's not laugh and make premature conclusions?
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:18:38 AM

For me personally, the most favorite coin, the ease of transactions, high volatility, ease of extraction.
And I do not think this will replace bitcoin, but it will always be in demand.
The weakest link is unlimited extraction,in all other respects only advantages,so let's not laugh and make premature conclusions?

Seems like a good coin to invest in. But then again, i woukd consider it a midterm investment not necessarily a long term one. I mean dogecoin is been around as long as BTC but it's price is not even notable. I'm sure it will gain momentum this year but not as much as the coins that I'm looking into. Thanks for the heads up though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: